Author Topic: Hey Abilene...any 1858 New Army's at Cimarron???  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Bangor Dan

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hey Abilene...any 1858 New Army's at Cimarron???
« on: March 11, 2008, 08:57:18 PM »
As the subject line states, I'm wondering if you'd know when Cimarron might be getting in another shipment of the 8" 1858 New Army's in 45 colt? Ultona tried to order one for me on monday the 10th, but was told they were out of stock. Same info from Taylor's.
Thanks,

Bangor Dan

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1181
Re: Hey Abilene...any 1858 New Army's at Cimarron???
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 11:19:52 PM »
Howdy Dan,
Well there's plenty of 5 1/2" .45's so I guess you must be wanting the longer barrel.  They just got a big shipment from Uberti and there is another shipment on the way.  One of those shipments has some 44-40's, but other than that I don't know if there's any .45's.  They do have a list of what is on those shipments but I won't be there again until mid next week.  Your dealer could ask them if any of those are on the new shipments.  And then again, it is possible that any that might show up are already backordered.

I always suggest to folks who want something that isn't in yet that they have their dealer call Cimarron and put them on the backorder list.  There is no obligation and no down payment.  When the item comes in, whether it is in a month or a year, the sales folks start at the top of the backorder list and call the dealer to see if the item is still wanted.  If it is (they usually give the dealer a couple days to contact the customer), they charge the dealer and ship it.  If not, they move on to the next person on the list.  That is your best chance of getting what you want.  If you find one elsewhere or change your mind, you can always say no thanks when the call comes in.

Good luck.  :)

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 07:50:04 AM »
Cimarron is good about back orders and how they call the dealer BEFORE they ship the gun to see if it is still wanted.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:17:10 AM »

Offline sundance44`s

• SASS# 61233 and Alamo Kat SASS 79338 , ColdwaterLongRifles , HatchieRunLongRifles .NRA.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • No Place Special , MS.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 08:03:16 AM »
I just recieved my newest Uberti from Taylors on Friday ..been waiting along time for it ..they just got their shipment ...they were good about calling me and telling me when I might expect it ..I beleive Taylors is the importer for Uberti ..althought their may be another too ..I think Stoger is too .
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 08:05:04 AM »
Taylors, Cimarron and EMF all import and distribute Uberti products.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com