Author Topic: What Did Santa Bring You?  (Read 9922 times)

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
What Did Santa Bring You?
« on: December 25, 2004, 06:26:12 PM »
Ok, here is the final of the series....Just what did Santa Leave you this year?

Well, the old guy left me a sweater, a book and a promisary note for Jimmy Buffet's new book (he writes novels, and is pretty good!)
I don't require much and people close to me tell me I am hard to buy for cuz I just go out and get what I want....I really enjoy watching others get their presents, I usually and the last to open because of that....

So what did you get, good or bad...(the present, not you!)

MERRY CHRISTMAS...
Curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline Birdgun Quail

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: What Did Santa Bring You?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 07:03:50 PM »
All I got from my wife for Christmas was just a crummie ol' brand new Cimarron Uberti model 1873 rifle in .45 Colt and a hundred rounds of ammo for it.  Last September for my birthday my wife gave me a brace of Cimarron Model P's in .45 Colt.  A week-and-half ago, my San Pedro Saddlery rig arrived.  Y'all look out 'cause now I'm ready to start CAS shooting!  Do I have a great wife or what?!?!
God bless,
Birdgun Quail

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2004, 07:16:27 PM »
Well, let's see, got a new combo printer/scanner/fax with USB cable, a really large coffee mug, a crystal wine stopper, mustache trimmer, pocket watch from my one grandson( nifty too, has a deer on it and the dial is really legible), and $135 in gift cards for Gander Mountain( Loading Supplies!!!!!!), and just for Annie, another set of flannel pants( plaid this time).............Buck 8) :) ;D ;) Oppps, almost forgot, my shooting partner gave us a$50 gift certificate for a local restaurant. was real nice of him as Susie and I haven't been able to go out for a fancy meal in quite a while..............Buck 8) ;D :)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:07:23 AM »

Offline FloraBama Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Florida Bordertown
    • Panhandle Cowboys
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2004, 08:05:25 PM »
Some jeans, a pocket watch, Craftsman Hand Tools and I've ordered some gun leather from Mernickle Holsters. ;)

As for the little lady? I got her a surf fishing rig... ;D
~~~SASS# 54776~~~ BOLD# 568~~~

Offline Marshal Halloway

• Editor & Webmaster of Cas City.
  • City Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Don't squat with your spurs on. Have fun shootin'.
    • Cas City
  • SASS #: R3411
  • NCOWS #: HL-179
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2004, 08:32:43 PM »

Howdy!

Marshal'ette gave me a leather and wood cowboy chest, a cowboy long sleeved jersey shirt, 3 autographed cowboy western books, a portable DVD player and a leather fringe jacket.

From my sister and brother in law, I got a "double duelist" cowboy sculpture made out of iron.

And tonight we are starting a new Christmas tradition. We are going to grab our blankets.. a hot drink.. and go out in the back yard and build a big wood fire and enjoy Christmas night under the stars and full moon.

Editor & Webmaster of CAScity.com
Director - Digital Video Division - Outdoor Sportsman Group (OSG).
Digital Video Production & Post Production OSG
Owner of Down Range Media GP

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2004, 11:02:34 PM »
I didn't get anything from Santa.....again.  He refuses to come by my place!  We never have snow and he's getting tired of replacing the runners on his sleigh and he won't attach landing wheels!  On top of that....I don't have a chimney!  So I just spend Christmas in solitude and pass on good tidings to everyone else.

Offline CanChaserKate

• Top Active Citizen
    • Cactus Flats Ranch and Arenas, Inc.
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2004, 11:12:05 PM »
O.K. Rap; Here's the Solution to getting Santa to come to your Place: 1.) Decorate BIG! 2.) Get in the Spirit and Bake those Cookies! The Smell Drives him to your Doorstep! 3.) Ask ONLY for those things you REALLY Want 4.) Believe in Santa as hard as you can!  ;D
Now, as for what was Given to me: 1.) .38 Cal. Over and Under Derringer With Ammo!
                                                  2.) a Bonnet
                                                  3.) A Lace Fan
                                                  4.) Los Lonely Boys CD
                                                  5.) Holiday Candies
                                                  6.) Black and Decker Lids off Jar Opener

Hubby got his First Gun Holster and Gun Belt, a Power Tools Set, a Country Christmas CD, and Holiday Candies

Jukebox My Cat, got Toys and a Litter Maid Self - Cleaning Litter Box

SASS - Warthog
BTKOG Regulator
Senora Abrana S. Garcia - Bonney - Immortal Gunfighters Western Reenactment Group - Chloride, AZ.
R.A.T.S. #133
LLB Onda AZ Leader/LLB Street Team
Owner - MSN Group Hacienda de Billito
http://groups.msn.com/HaciendadeBillito

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2004, 11:43:43 PM »
Much like Curley, I am hard to shop for because if I need something, I get it. There are many things I could have asked for this year, most of which would have been a waste of a wish for the asking.

What I got was the company of my son. Can't do better than that.

:D

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Uncle Eph

• Top Active Citizen
  • Never trust anything designed after 1912
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2004, 12:38:16 AM »
except for my gift from the exchange over at the Spot I did not get a dang thing; a couple of years ago I asked everyone who buys me a gift to use the money to buy a toy or clothes for kids in need.

makes me feel good and I don't have to burn a bunch of wrapping paper. ;D
WARTHOG, GAF #364, SASS #53354, BOLD #549, SBSS #1483, STORM #5, NRA, CRSO, ASSRA, SDOP, SUV, GOFWG #19, 7-7-79 SNL WINNER

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2004, 12:48:48 AM »
except for my gift from the exchange over at the Spot I did not get a dang thing; a couple of years ago I asked everyone who buys me a gift to use the money to buy a toy or clothes for kids in need.

Back in the days when I celebrated Christmas...I never bought wrapping paper.  I used the comic section from the sunday newspaper.  ;)  It's was colorful and cheap!  No big deal when that went in the trash, or the fireplace.  Special friends got the comic section wrappings.  Other "just friends" got newsprint.

Offline Irish Red O'Toole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2004, 03:03:10 AM »
I made out pretty good.  I got two cowboy hats, a nice selection of power tools, and a couple of DVDs.

Offline J.D.Cayhill

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2004, 09:54:42 PM »
Mrs. Cayhill and the kids really surprised me this year! Usually I just get the normal Dad stuff, but this year under the tree was a pair of Lindholm Bros. Mexican spurs. These are the ones with the huge rowels and jinglebobs, and man do they shine. The wife ordered them from Tonto Rim along with a couple of good looking shirts for me too. Tonto Rim Slim told her he was out of stock on the spurs but he would call Linholm and have them shipped directly to her so I could have them by Christmas. That pards is customer service and the cowboy way!

I just hope I don't forget and squat on these beasts. ??? ;D ;D
"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man."
SBSS #638
BOSS #44
STORM #142
RATS #89

Offline Doctor Bill

• Top Active Citizen
  • "You ever see a scientist draw a gun?"
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2004, 10:20:36 PM »
As some of you know, I have been away from home a lot this year.  My present was that I got to spend nearly a whole week with my wife and son after being away for over two months (I know it doesn't compare to the folks in Iraq but for me it was a long time).  Other than that everything else doesn't matter.  ;D  ;D

Doctor Bill
Remington Revolver Shooter
Warthog
League of the South
Alchemist and brewmeister extraordinaire

Book Miser

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2004, 10:27:02 PM »
I got a nifty set of Three Stooges underwear, and a can of Mom's homemade cookies. Maw is now 82, but she bakes about 15 different cookies, plus punkin bread, banana nut bread, and some li'l fruitcakes for Christmas. Best present of all was having her with us, in good health, and enjoying herself.

My Dad left us 28 years ago today, at the age of 61. Every Christmas is a little sad for us, especially now that there are a coupla family members who never knew him. Just for jollies I posted a couple of pix of Dad at http://blogger1947.blog-city.com.

Offline Standpat Steve

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2004, 12:08:22 AM »
I got the new edition of "The Annotated Sherlock Holmes" and I'm already enjoying it :)
Standpat Steve, SASS #113, NCOWS #1468

Offline Brazos Bucky Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2004, 01:13:59 AM »
I got a Dillon 650  ;D ;D ;Dand a Norinco ' 97 that my wife stoled from me! ??? ??? ??? :'(

Brazos ;D ;) :'(
Brazos Bucky
"A man oughta do what he thinks is right."
BOLD #566, NRA Life (Endowment)
SASS #59058, SBSS #1605, SCORRS

Offline Sergeant Smokepole

• Dark Lord of The Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2004, 06:40:42 AM »
I got a Tombstone Territorial Gunfighter rig and San Pedro shotshell slide made by Big Ed.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2004, 12:07:51 PM »

Back in the days when I celebrated Christmas...I never bought wrapping paper.  I used the comic section from the sunday newspaper.  ;)  It's was colorful and cheap!  No big deal when that went in the trash, or the fireplace.  Special friends got the comic section wrappings.  Other "just friends" got newsprint.
My father-in-law does the same thing.  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Micheal Fortune

• Top Active Citizen
    • Micheal Fortune
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2004, 02:35:35 PM »
The Miss's got me a new pair of slippers and an auto-lighting propane torch!   :)  They come in handy when you live in a trailer in Montana during the Winter time!  ;)

Years ago, like so many we told everyone not to get us anything as Christmas is for the children, which we aren't, so we buy each other a little something, the daughter and son in law in college get a card and a check and we get something for dear old Mom who is still hanging in there and loves us each day.
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Offline J.W.Neely

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2004, 06:40:09 PM »

:-[
Black powder shooting is like holding history in your hands.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com