Author Topic: looking to coyote cap for help  (Read 21502 times)

Offline boot strap jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: looking to coyote cap for help
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 06:46:24 PM »
I received a notice that my gun is at ups station. Tried to deliver but not home. I will see if 6 months was worth the wait and money.
BSJ

Offline slewf00t

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 08:28:29 AM »
Wish I had found this thread earlier.  13 weeks and counting....

Shortly after this was first posted Cap gave me a call and and a garuntee as to when I'd recieve the shotgun.  Cap "stepped to the plate" and got it here early.   Beautiful gun Cap Thanks.

Offline boot strap jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 05:30:29 PM »
As I stated in other posts the gun is back, slick as one would want. Runs great, I have an 1907 model 97 that I will have my wife use. I just can't make up my mind about using Him again. Again He does do great work, It is the time thing not money that bothered me. If I was able to hand over an extra hundred to get it back in a couple weeks, I would jump at letting him do the work. JMO
BSJ

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 02:03:13 PM »

Offline Mike Kass

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 05:40:50 PM »
 :-\  It seems to me that the forum should start a gunsmith reliability poll or site like angies' list.  We've all heard about the rules of the good guys in the old west.  Anyone who makes a promise and takes money and doesn't deliver isn't following the spirit of the game.  "Quality is worth the wait."  OK.  If you tell me it's 3 days and I buy I expect it in 3 days.  Likewise if you tell me it's gonna be 4 years....I have the choice to buy or not.

However, if you tell me it's going to be delivered in 3 weeks (current web promise) or when you get my trade (email promise) and you take my money and don't deliver, then you're lying to me, your cheating me, in short, you're the bad guy, not the customer.  Shucks, even ebay has a feedback loop on sellers.

CAS shooters tend to be very trusting.  Violate our trust and what recourse do we have?  Most of us live in other states and can't even get the law's help.

Having a vendor get "pissed" because someone complains about poor service and then moving that buyer to the end of his list just ain't right.  Stop selling guns until you clear your list.

Offline boot strap jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 08:16:36 PM »
gun still runs great, after most of a season.

Offline Fairshake

• Shooter of the HOLY BLACK
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 09:53:26 AM »
I wish that I could have talked to you about your gun before you sent it to cap. Cap is a very good person who means well. He has the bad habit of telling everyone the same thing. It will be in 4 to 6 weeks. If we could just get him to start saying months instead of weeks things would be better. If you are the 3rd person that calls and he tells you the 4 to 6 thing that will work but if you are caller number 250 no way will it work. He then forgets about the times that he travels to shoots and takes in more guns. Cap is a darn good gunsmith and person and he has a good heart but he is one terrible business man. He needs to have someone (Kitty and Drifter try) taking orders who knows and tells people that work is running that far behind. I'm friends with Steve Young( Nate Kiowa Jones) and he is just now working on guns received in March. The Obama thing has made it even worse. I know of several people who no longer will tell anyone to send a gun to Cap because of the delays. I think as I've stated that he is a good man that can't tell people "NO" Later Fairshake   
Deadwood Marshal  Border Vigilante SASS 81802                                                                         WARTHOG                                                                   NRA                                                                            BOLD So that His place shall never be with those cold and Timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 10:47:41 AM »
I have been watching this post on and off with interest.

I own a Coyote Cap Model 87.

Was it ontime? No

Was it worth the wait? Hell yes! The gun is actually far more than what I am presently capable of, and I look forward to growing into it ....

Would I do it again? Yes  ... but I had heard rumors before and had an old SXS to use until I got this shotgun ....

As Fisrshake said, I think that if one figures six months, it is a pretty good estimate. Then, if it is done before that, one is pleasantly surprised.

But when all the smoke clears, I would rather wait for a really good product than pick one up immediately that I am dissapointed with. 
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline boot strap jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2009, 07:30:22 PM »
yea, If I had been told how long of wait I really would have had, I would not have gotten upset. Cap did do a great job on this shotgun. IT is very slick, and is holding up well.  When asked who did the work I say Cap, and don't go into more unless asked. I probaly will use Cap again for 97 work, I now know his abilities and his time schedule.
BSJ

Offline John Barleycorn

• Top Active Citizen
    • Barleycorn Outfitters
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2009, 11:17:39 AM »
UPDATE!!

ON MY COYOTE CRAP 97 SHOTGUN. AFTER JUST A FEW MATCHES SEAR NEEDED TO BE RECUT $35, HAMMER KEPT FOLLOWING THE BOLT DOWN.  TOOK IT TO MASON -DIXON STAMPEDE 2008, LOCKED UP ON STAGE TWO $100 FIX.  2009 SEASON ALL KINDS OF EJECTION PROBLEMS, KEPT GETTING WORSE AND WORSE. I TRIED ALL NEW EJECTION AND EXTRACTION RELATED PARTS LITTLE TO NO DIFFERENCE $75.  LATER THAT SUMMER CARRIER BOLT PIN BROKE, FIXED AGAIN. NEXT MATCH LOCKED UP AGAIN.
 A TRUSTED COWBOY GUNSMITH SAID "WAY TOO MUCH GRINDING, POLISHING, AND BUFFING BY CAP, ESSENTIALLY WORN OUT, NOT WORTH FIXING, ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME UNTIL IT WOULD LOCK UP AGAIN.  SOLD FOR PARTS. A NIGHTMARE, I WILL NEVER BUY A GUN, OR HAVE A GUN WORKED ON BY COYOTE CAP AGAIN!!!

JB
Jedi Gunfighter #176
BOLD #787, NRA Life, RO I
N.E. Reg. FCGF Champ '12
PA  St. FCGF Champ '12 '13
MD St. FCGF 1st Pl '13
WV St. FCGF 1st Pl '12 '13
OH St. FCGF 1st Pl '14
NJ St. FCGF 1st Pl '15
PA St. GF Champ '15
SASS Regulator

Offline boot strap jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2009, 05:17:05 PM »
Well John I hope mine holds up. It was a cheap chinchester. Still have the 1907 winy though.
Also have a double that I could use.
BSJ

Offline John Barleycorn

• Top Active Citizen
    • Barleycorn Outfitters
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2016, 05:15:32 PM »
BTT
Jedi Gunfighter #176
BOLD #787, NRA Life, RO I
N.E. Reg. FCGF Champ '12
PA  St. FCGF Champ '12 '13
MD St. FCGF 1st Pl '13
WV St. FCGF 1st Pl '12 '13
OH St. FCGF 1st Pl '14
NJ St. FCGF 1st Pl '15
PA St. GF Champ '15
SASS Regulator

Offline Bunk Stagnerg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2016, 02:07:27 PM »

CC did an action job for me on a brand new ’97 a couple of years ago. It is slick as glass runs and works I could not complain about anything. He had it for two or three months which is speed for light or gun smiths.
If I could ever learn how to stuff shells in it I would use it more, but for every one in the gun one more lands on the floor.
Really slick gun I might start using it in “Wild Bunch” because you come to the line loaded.
Yr’ Obt’ Svt’
Bunk

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2016, 06:03:00 AM »
BTT
You dig up a 7 year old thread to diss CC? You should know better than that JB. wM1
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline Hans Christian

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2016, 12:19:32 PM »
I'm glad Christ died for my sins.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com