Author Topic: looking to coyote cap for help  (Read 21508 times)

Offline boot strap jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
looking to coyote cap for help
« on: February 27, 2008, 03:22:33 PM »
well I decided to send my 97 copy off to coyote cap. I found out the version I have is one of the rougher versions out there.
But after talking with him over the phone I know he knows his stuff. He let me know some of the problems he has had with this makers guns, but said he should be able to make it run great. that is if the parts are not to far out of spec. If so may have to modify the more popular makers to fit. He is heading out to winter range so will be ready in about a month. This will be fine for me, as my work schedule will keep me tied up til the end of April or the first of May. :)

Offline John Barleycorn

• Top Active Citizen
    • Barleycorn Outfitters
  • Liked:
Re: looking to coyote cap for help
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 12:42:29 PM »
I hope you have a back up shotgun, my 4-6 week wait for an action job, cut bbl, and stock on a trade-in he already had, was a 26 week fiasco. JB
Jedi Gunfighter #176
BOLD #787, NRA Life, RO I
N.E. Reg. FCGF Champ '12
PA  St. FCGF Champ '12 '13
MD St. FCGF 1st Pl '13
WV St. FCGF 1st Pl '12 '13
OH St. FCGF 1st Pl '14
NJ St. FCGF 1st Pl '15
PA St. GF Champ '15
SASS Regulator

Offline contingentfeemcgee

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 09:49:16 PM »
I have purchased seven guns from Cap and had him do action jobs on them.  I have sent my old '97 to him for a complete rebuild, barrel cut down, action job, new stock, etc.  I have dealt with a lot of guys who sell CAS stuff and this guy is one of the best  -- and that's why he is busy.  Every weekend when I watch many my pards trying to pull their empty shells out of their shotguns I say a little prayer for Cap.  He's worth the wait.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:15:50 AM »

Offline boot strap jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 02:39:29 AM »
yea I talked to him last week, he is backed up right now. The way I understand it he has a new laser contraption, that he trying to get set up. I did get an old sxs for a backup. I have been working on it my self. Just a little more tweeking. Also just bought a nice 97 winchester that has been worked on and used in cas. The former owner is now deceased, so his gun will still live on in cas.
The good thing is the new 97 cost me half what my chinchester will with action job. ;D
BSJ

Offline John Barleycorn

• Top Active Citizen
    • Barleycorn Outfitters
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 09:05:46 AM »
Hey Pard, just wondering if you got your shotgun back yet or if your running into the same lame excuses I got for 6 months.  JB
Jedi Gunfighter #176
N.E. Reg. FCGF Champ '12
MD St. FCGF 1st Pl '13
OH St. FCGF 1st Pl '14
NJ St. FCGF 1st Pl '15
PA St. GF Champ '15
SASS Regulator

Offline boot strap jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 08:40:08 AM »
Well just three more months to go.  I did get the sxs I wrote about, later after emailing cap, I bought a original 97 TD. This was a gun that a gent, who had passed on, had owned. This gent was into cas also and had the gun slicked up by a smith. I work with cnc operators and they tell me that they could have made a new receiver in a day or so with the original to copy. Cap said that my receiver is so far out of tolerance that he can only work on it a few minutes at a time. I guess next time I won't send the money needed for the job to be done til get a letter saying it is done. I have always tried to pay in advance when getting custom work done, so the man knows he gets his money. Yep so three times the length of time as originally stated in the phone conversation we originally had. >:(
BSJ

Offline boot strap jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 06:26:52 PM »
Well in two days it will be four months, That cap has had my shotgun. I sure am glad I bought the sxs and the original 97 td. I would have missed out on a lot of shooting this year, Three months worth anyway waiting for this other to get done.

Offline John Barleycorn

• Top Active Citizen
    • Barleycorn Outfitters
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 06:56:21 AM »
Lets see, if he recycles excuses, i'll list a few.  I forgot, Im very busy, maybe my son can take a look at it, sick family menber, dieing family member, funeral, getting ready for EOT, going to EOT, went to Alaska, Sent shotgun forgot to cut the barell, sent gun back, resent gun, gun went missing from UPS ( not his fault ) but could have mailed it priorty, after all the delays and hassle so I could have it in time for the SASS N. E. Regionals, which is why I thought buying a used shotgun he already had and have an action job and cut barell and stock, and big bead installed in late June for an event in October would not be a problem.  Any how he mailed it ground to save a few bucks and it was stolen at the UPS warehouse, and after  month of heat from ATF the shotgun was mysteriously mailed back to Cap. Finally got it in December.
Jedi Gunfighter #176
N.E. Reg. FCGF Champ '12
MD St. FCGF 1st Pl '13
OH St. FCGF 1st Pl '14
NJ St. FCGF 1st Pl '15
PA St. GF Champ '15
SASS Regulator

Offline sweettooth

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 02:17:27 PM »
 I went through a lot of the same things with Cap.
But I am still proud to call him my friend . He is a viet vet , and a pioneer in cowboy shooting.
everyone , including me complained about the 87 lever , but it would never have existed without Cap . and it is hoot to shoot and own.
  With out Cap we would still be getting Crap from I.A.C. He gave them his engineering expertise & He made sure the stocks and lever wraps and many of the parts were made by folks in the USA.
   He is a good man , but like a few humans he has some faults.
storm
usmc 67 70
dav
semper fi

Offline John Barleycorn

• Top Active Citizen
    • Barleycorn Outfitters
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 10:02:38 AM »
I don't recall calling Caps patriotic status or his contributions to CAS into question. If he takes a mans hard earned money in exchange for a service and gives a time frame for completion, there is an obligation there to do the work, and complete it in a timely manner. JB
Jedi Gunfighter #176
N.E. Reg. FCGF Champ '12
MD St. FCGF 1st Pl '13
OH St. FCGF 1st Pl '14
NJ St. FCGF 1st Pl '15
PA St. GF Champ '15
SASS Regulator

Offline boot strap jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 06:35:20 PM »
I emailed Cap again, he answered back a week later. He said that he is running 30 to 45 days behind, I emailed back that mine is 4 months behind. No answer as of yet.
BSJ

Offline John Barleycorn

• Top Active Citizen
    • Barleycorn Outfitters
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 12:05:39 AM »
Whats the word on your 97?
Jedi Gunfighter #176
N.E. Reg. FCGF Champ '12
MD St. FCGF 1st Pl '13
OH St. FCGF 1st Pl '14
NJ St. FCGF 1st Pl '15
PA St. GF Champ '15
SASS Regulator

Offline boot strap jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 10:06:15 PM »
no gun yet. I will be emailing cap again, this time I will send it as a reply to his last email. 5 months and still waiting. >:(
BSJ

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 09:34:16 AM »
Why don't you pick up the phone and call him? ???
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline boot strap jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 08:25:34 PM »
I did that the first time prior to sending the gun to him. He stated it would take about a month to get back. After about 6 weeks I emailed him, no return. So called He said that he has worked on it off and on, should be done shortly. From there I email every month, and talked to him on phone a couple more times. I will wait another month, then I will probably have to try calling again. On one conversation with him I asked to have my gun returned along with my money, that was when stated that it would not be much longer til done, I think that was in May. It does seem that he runs about 6 months time frame on guns from what others have said. I understand that He is great at what he does, but I should get a honest time that it will be done. Also He got annoid by my sending emails and calling about this gun, He knew which 97 this was prior to accepting the job.
BSJ

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 09:32:19 AM »
Juts make sure and keep all your e-mails.  If you order something custom or a service the date for protesting charges is after the promised date on the product or the service and NOT the date that the charge was made.  Maybe if you call and start talking about requesting a charge back on your card you will get his attention.

BTW, I agree whole heartedly with you on the time thing.  I don't mind waiting for good service or a good product but don't keep telling me that you're working on it or that it's going to be done when you know darn good and well that it's not.  There's just no call for that.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 10:58:32 AM »
Juts make sure and keep all your e-mails.  If you order something custom or a service the date for protesting charges is after the promised date on the product or the service and NOT the date that the charge was made.  Maybe if you call and start talking about requesting a charge back on your card you will get his attention.

BTW, I agree whole heartedly with you on the time thing.  I don't mind waiting for good service or a good product but don't keep telling me that you're working on it or that it's going to be done when you know darn good and well that it's not.  There's just no call for that.

Good thoughts, and Very good suggestion  ??? ::) ;) :D ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline boot strap jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 09:35:00 PM »
I went to Caps sight tonight, and saw his schedule for the year. I see why he is getting behind on his work at the shop. His traveling will be slowing down, starting this month. So maybe mine will be coming soon.
BSJ

Offline John Barleycorn

• Top Active Citizen
    • Barleycorn Outfitters
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 03:27:43 PM »
Cap should be ashamed of himself, BSJ has missed almost an entire season to lame excuses and downright lies.
Jedi Gunfighter #176
N.E. Reg. FCGF Champ '12
MD St. FCGF 1st Pl '13
OH St. FCGF 1st Pl '14
NJ St. FCGF 1st Pl '15
PA St. GF Champ '15
SASS Regulator

Offline boot strap jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 05:30:09 PM »
well Cap is suposed to be working on my shotgun. he asked to grind out one part of the reciever and weld it back in to make for a more reliable gun. He also asked not to have to reblue the reciever after welding, which dont bother me none any way. If I don't like it I will just thin out the  blueing on the rest of the gun, give the well beaten look. Or have it done with dura coat, maybe tiger stripe to fit the time period, oh wrong period.
BSJ

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com