Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1273003 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #1860 on: December 22, 2011, 07:59:36 PM »
When sponsors threaten to pull out things get tight.

Why I was happy to hear about Allmendinger. Petty was makin' noise on dumpin' him 'n pickin' up Busch in a ploy to keep Best Buy. Best Buy hauled ass to Roush 'n then they lost their driver to Penske. Oh well. Tough business, racin'...

Busch to Finch. Ragan to an unsponsored 43?
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #1861 on: December 23, 2011, 01:29:08 PM »
I can't imagine the 43 not being sponsored next year.  It would be a shame if the 43 was not racing next year.  The economy is crap and I know getting sponsors this days is gonna be hard.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1862 on: December 25, 2011, 07:11:47 PM »
They're sayin' they're runnin' two cars. Kinda thinkin' they may drop the 9 'n use Ambrose. I dunno. It's still a l'il early 'n the last rumor I heard was Almirola.

The Skins most always have a chance, Tex. Witness the Giants game. As a fan, I've learned to be happy when they ain't blown out. Hung tuff against the Patriots. Then, when they win, it's an unexpected treat.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #1863 on: Today at 04:35:33 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1863 on: December 25, 2011, 09:23:04 PM »
Arcey, If the Cowboys play the Giants like they played the Eagles, the Cowboys will be done. At the beginning of the season, I said they would go 8-8. I think that is gonna be close. They need to send Romo packing and trade up and draft a good QB.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1864 on: December 26, 2011, 01:01:08 PM »
Grossman...................

I feel yer pain.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1865 on: December 26, 2011, 04:14:24 PM »
Jerry Jones hates to lose. He fancies himself as a football coach. He know just enough to be dangerous. Heads usually roll when they lose games or fail to win the NFC East. There has been a carousel of coaches since he fired Tom Landry. He can't keep his hands off running the team and making decisions.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1866 on: January 02, 2012, 06:32:22 PM »
Hehehehehehehehehe................

Got me an obnoxious other-team-from-Texas (not Houston, kinda pullin' for them) fan this afternoon. Saw 'im comin' ta rub 5 & 11 in.  Told 'im we did our damnedest ta help his team. Beat the Giants twice for 'em 'n his team still couldn't win the east. Also just kinda mentioned the Giants beat 'em twice, inna blow out last eve.

Don't think 'e wants ta razz me no more.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1867 on: January 03, 2012, 05:58:29 AM »
Arcey, The Texans are greatly improved from last year, especially the Defense. The coach played college ball at Texas A&M and was a backup QB to John Elway at Denver. The Eagles are my least favorite team, they spent a bunch of money in the off season, sigining free agents and they still didn't win the NFC East. I don't think the Giants will last past the first round of the playoffs.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1868 on: January 03, 2012, 07:25:26 AM »
Should be interestin'.

Happy ta see the Texans competitive so soon – kinda wish they had Grossman back tho but with Beck the alternative that may be a bad wish.

I'll jinx the whole shootin' match 'n guess the Pack 'n the Patriots for all the marbles. The Pack takes it. The Skin's offense is similar to the Packer's. The Skins ain't nearly as good at it as the Packers 'n they gave New England a fit. Hadn't ah been fer Moss bobblin' a pass it the end the game coulda gone inta o'ertime.

I rag on Rex but that pick wasn't on him that was all Moss. A lot of 'em weren't 'n a lot of 'em were flat dropped but it goes on his record. Moss done cost 'em 30 yards in unsportsman like conduct penalties in the past two games. I want 'im gone. He ain't that valuable no more.

Heck, the Eagles fans don't like the Eagles. Take a look it their board sometime. Iggle Phans er sumthin'. No language restrictions. It'll turn the air blue 'round yer computer.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1869 on: January 03, 2012, 09:24:48 AM »
A couple of sports writers are saying that as many as 25 players of the roster will not be back next year. That's almost half the team and maybe some of the coaching staff. They think that Ryan deserves another year.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1870 on: January 06, 2012, 05:46:27 AM »
Well, I guess that it is offical, Armirola will drive the 43 for RPM next year. No sponsor as of yet. It sounds like Ragan may still be looking for a ride in Cup for next year.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1871 on: January 06, 2012, 06:26:41 AM »
Rumor is Smithfield 'n the Air Force. Ain't heard how many fer each er if they'll be runnin' in white sometimes.

Like ta see the deal. Seems like better choices were available but he may've come cheap.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1872 on: January 06, 2012, 10:23:05 AM »
Daytona is a little over a month away, so I'm sure there will be much scrambling about to secure sponsorships of any sort.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1873 on: January 08, 2012, 05:20:04 PM »
The playoff games hav beeb for the most part. I was hoping the Bengals would win. Their QB played at TCU. The Saints made easy work of the Lions and the Giants made it look easy against the Falcons. MizLetty's Broncos are winning against the Steelers. I hope that continues. The Saints/Packers game next weekend should be good and I hope the Giants beat the 49ers. The Pats are still the team to beat in the AFC.

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
« Reply #1874 on: January 08, 2012, 07:22:01 PM »

Tebow just CAN'T throw a pass.....

HHHEEEE HHHHhhheee hhheeee.......... HUH!

Brady's turn NEXT... with li'l Josh
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1875 on: January 08, 2012, 07:46:08 PM »
Congrats to Miz Letty's Broncos and condolences to the Steelers.  Tebow has been havin' some devine intervention lately. Keep it up Broncos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1876 on: January 08, 2012, 11:45:49 PM »
I thought it was a great game, no joke implied but Tebow sure can throw a Hail Mary.  He also knows how ta get rid a the ball afore he takes a sackin.  This is commin from a long time Steelers fan.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1877 on: January 09, 2012, 05:07:42 AM »
The Broncos got the Steelers at a good time, they had several players injured and not playing. Big Ben was not a 100 percent either. The Pats are still the best of the AFC and the Packers and Saints are the NFC best.

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1878 on: January 09, 2012, 07:31:05 AM »
Thanks TLD..We can only watch to see how the Broncos can keep their playin' alive. Got over one hurdle most said wasn't gunna happen... gotta be the whole team effort. And you are right there are many, many injuries :(
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1879 on: January 09, 2012, 09:42:56 AM »
The Broncos will go as far asTebow's arm and legs will take them. They got a chance if they can get by the Pats. They just gotta be able to score more points than the Pats. The Pats defense has some holes and maybe Tebow can get through those holes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com