Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1272917 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #1800 on: September 11, 2011, 03:59:27 AM »
I hate to hear the Harvick is shutting down his Truck shop for next year. I hope Ron can get on with a good team for next year. Harvick's teams took away from his focus on a Cup Championship.  The Chase is set for the last part of the season, every man for himself.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1801 on: September 11, 2011, 08:22:53 AM »
If Busch doesn't shut his down it ain't gonna be much to it next year. It's too bad with Rockingham gettin' a race in '12.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1802 on: September 11, 2011, 09:06:36 AM »
I am glad to see that "The Rock" will be on the schedule for next year. The economy has had a deep effect on auto racing as a whole. It may never be the same.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #1803 on: Today at 05:07:30 PM »

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
« Reply #1803 on: September 11, 2011, 07:54:53 PM »
The "Chase" is set and JR made it in by the grace of God I'm sure; additionally, it's going to take God as the number one fan of the 88 to give JR the Championship...   :o  stranger things have happened somewhere sometime for sure.... ;)

A bad night for the 48 shows just how far one can fall with a DNF or near the bottom of the pack.....  JJ can't be feud'n no more with the 22 as it takes too long to regain the positions....   ::)

The "Blue Deuce" is my outside pick to take the championship and the 14 car of Smoke is my inside pick, everyone else is too high-strung to stay cool to win IMHO.....   8)

Back to normal race times and days for awhile....  Chicagoland and the chase begins....  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

See ya'll next weekend.....  ;)

:D   SMOKE    :D

;)
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1804 on: September 17, 2011, 07:51:48 AM »
Congrats to Richard Childress's grandson on his win last night at Chicago in the Truck Series. We got the Nationwide tonight and the Cup tomorrow. The temps were in the 50s up there yesterday.

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1805 on: September 18, 2011, 09:48:47 AM »
8)  RACE DAY   8)
Brad Keselowski won Nationwide yesterday show'n he's still on fire!  :o  Look'n like a "Contending Dark Horse" to win the NASCAR Chase!    ;)  ;)

Lagano ran the "Toad's" ride yesterday finished 19th and young Truex ran the 20 car finished 13th, pretty dang good races for the JGR Rookie...   ;)

Found this funny but also a dose of reality......  maybe....   8)
Tony Stewart indicated Thursday he thought there were seven legitimate Sprint Cup title contenders — ruling out Kurt Busch, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Denny Hamlin, Matt Kenseth and, perhaps most surprisingly, himself.  { USA Today Sports }

I think Ol' Fat Tony is lay'n down  SMOKE!    :D  :D  :D  ;D

SMOKE
Ya'll enjoy the race.......... ;)

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #1806 on: September 18, 2011, 09:51:19 AM »
GO PACK GO!
Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1807 on: September 18, 2011, 10:34:34 AM »
Slim, What about the BADGERS!?

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1808 on: September 18, 2011, 12:51:53 PM »
The weather is mess'n with the race but it looks like it'll get a completion in with a few delays...   :-\

Sounds like Jimmy and Kurt are going to ignore each other by their interviews.....  We'll see...   ???  ::)  ???

The 14 is start'n in the rear middle with JR, both have alot of ground to make up....   :-\

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1809 on: September 18, 2011, 04:34:48 PM »
22-21 Skins. Damn, that was ugly........................
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1810 on: September 18, 2011, 07:03:08 PM »
Looks like Chicagoland has been washed away.....  just wait'n for final word 'cause I just can't be seeing a race start'n after 9pm anywhere...   :'(

Ya'll enjoy the race tomorrow....   ;)

;D  SMOKE   ;D

Still say'n it will be on ESPN2.....   ???  ???  ???     guess'n "never give up" despite the monsoon....   ???  ::)  ???

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #1811 on: September 19, 2011, 06:24:02 AM »
Brownies got one in the W column, some improvement from last week, but.......they still have a ways to go ::) :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #1812 on: September 19, 2011, 07:29:11 AM »
Slim, What about the BADGERS!?
I don't follow the Badgers. Sorry.

The Pack started out slowly but finally got 'er done.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1813 on: September 19, 2011, 08:54:47 AM »
Buck,  They've got a decent QB now, and he is the difference. If the Line will block and give him time, he can put a lot of points on the board. Did I mention that he is from Texas. The Bengals also have a purdy good QB that also happens to be from TCU.

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1814 on: September 24, 2011, 09:44:00 AM »
Hhhuuummmm.... Lookie Here..... ::)  ::)

The 14 car won his first race and it's at the right time, start of the Chase, now second in points behind the 29.... keep the top "fives" coming staying out of trouble!   8)  8)  8)

Had to be Divine Intervention to get JR a third place finish... plus mid-pack in points!!   :o  :o  :o
Please Lord, stay with the 88 car and JR to ..... ROCK THE CHASE,,,,,,  amen

My Dark Horse  pick finishing 5th and now behind JR at sixth in standings....  Keselowski's Blue Deuce still on a roll!   ;)

Breaks my heart to NahnahNOOoooooo END that the Toad got stuck on his Doublemint....  gum chewers get what they deserve for NOT properly disposing of their used gum....   :D  :D

Trucks today as a day off for the Nationwide folks.....  RACE DAY   tomorrow..... weather permitting at theThe Magic Mile....   :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

for Leo Tanner because he cares:...

SMOKE

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1815 on: September 25, 2011, 08:44:11 AM »
;D   ;D  RACE DAY   ;D   ;D

New Hampshire Motor Speedway is supposed to be cloudy but dry.....  this is to be seen....   :-\

The 88, 14 and 2 are start'n in the front half of the mid-pack today...   ::)  ::)    Not as much of a fuel mileage game here as it was in Chicagoland; however, the fuel taken from our table bounty, has created fuel mileage more of a factor this year.....   ::)  ::)   ::)

Equipment, stay'n outta trouble, and driving like ya stole it is what wins today, like the Toad did in yesterday's truck race....   WOW, just plain dominant!  :o  :o  :o................ :-\

This is the Rocket Man's race and track this year as it would be too kool ta have another One - Two finish of the 39 and the 14....  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

;D  SMOKE   ;D

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1816 on: September 25, 2011, 04:33:23 PM »
:D;D"14"SMOKE"14";D :D
1st Place and 8 to GO!... {if he can stay outta trouble}...  top 5's... ;)

Dark Horse 2nd place and 3rd in points....  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)................Still LONG season!     ::)  ::)  ::)

Tough race for the 88.....  More of the SAME....  flat TIRES...  Go Figure......  :-\  :-\  :-\

Monster Mile return next weekend for the cars,,,, trucks have   HEAD  off 'til  TO  Kentucky

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1817 on: October 01, 2011, 10:28:03 AM »
Busy Busy Race'n Day!
Lot's-ahhh Qualify'n today AND Nationwide race this afternoon with the trucks tonight!..... Gonna need ta get more BEER ....   :D  :D  :D

Look'n like my 88 team is make'n "humble light" of being in the Chase as I would have to agree...  JR is damn lucky to be in the Chase.....   :o  :o               There's still allot of Chase to go { 26 point to make up } anyone would have to agree..... Ya never know....   ::)

JR & the 88 Wins the Chase!!!

Ya never know....  ???  ???  ???

Finishing Furnace project today.....  Return'n lead to the Earth tomorrow morn'n.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1818 on: October 01, 2011, 12:45:13 PM »
The starting grid for the NNS is set. Only 1  1000th difference between Sadler and Carl. It should be a good race.  I hope Tony can make it 3 in a row.  It's nice to see someone besides 24 or 48 in first place. Good luck to my buddy Ron Hornaday in the #2 Truck at Kentucky.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1819 on: October 01, 2011, 04:38:05 PM »
If I were Harvick I'd get up with Childress 'n arrange Sadler's release. Put your buddy Hornaday in the 2.

Edwards stunk this one up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com