Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1285016 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #1760 on: August 14, 2011, 04:17:30 PM »
I wish that we had Watkins Glen's rain down here in Texas. We didn't get enough yesterday morning.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 124
« Reply #1761 on: August 14, 2011, 04:47:13 PM »
TLD,I wish you had the rain instead of us too,My basement was just starting to dry up and now I have more water in it from the rain... >:(
Plus my Son didn't mow the lawn before the rain came and now I'll be able to rent it out for grazing land.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1762 on: August 14, 2011, 07:29:44 PM »
Sorry, Maj.

DVRed the NNS yestitty. Just finished fast forwardin' thru it since the cup race washed.

6 lead changes among 2 drivers: Kurt Busch(i) 1-8; Kyle Busch(i) 9; Kurt Busch(i) 10-24; Kyle Busch(i) 25-49; Kurt Busch(i) 50-55; Kyle Busch(i) 56-77; Kurt Busch(i) 78-85. Two under green early on. Busch passed Busch 'n Busch passed Busch. The rest were gained or lost in the pits.

Heard it said if ya can't say nothin' nice don't say nothin'. Sayin' anything ain't necessary. In this case, it spoke for itself..............
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #1763 on: Today at 05:42:37 PM »

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
« Reply #1763 on: August 14, 2011, 09:21:49 PM »

Heard it said if ya can't say nothin' nice don't say nothin'. Sayin' anything ain't necessary. In this case, it spoke for itself..............

Wonder'd what was up...... hadn't received spit-balls from peanut gallery for awhile........ mus-ta recently got Religion....    :o ???  ???  ???  ???  ???  ???  :o

Good Night ya'll and see ya next weekend...  enjoy the race tomorrow as I'm a work'n fella so I'll see if I can't locate it on the Rad-doooo somewheres....   ;)

NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1764 on: August 20, 2011, 09:03:05 AM »
Heard that the "Tasmanian Devil Racer" sat back and let "Broken Feet" and "Toad" race out on each other then take the lead on the last two laps....going to have to find the replay and watch it myself....   ;)

Guess Brad's feet are close to being all better now so "Broken Feet" is get'n nondescript....  STILL pretty awesome race'n..... he's painfully push'n peddles to finish so well...   ;)

Trucks then Nationwide today.......  WOW..... a Double Feature!  :D  :D  :D  Happy Day!

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1765 on: August 20, 2011, 01:50:34 PM »
They have a bunch of torn up equipment in the Truck race. Montreal should be interesting, especially if it rains.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1766 on: August 20, 2011, 04:12:28 PM »
Yeah. Rain. What I wanna see. That was a hoot last time. Windshields fogged up 'n the drivers couldn't see. Water blew in 'n shorted out ignition systems. After NASCAR figgered it wasn't working they killed it. Killed a buncha cars too. But it was a great thing ta watch. This'n here's about like watchin' paint dry.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1767 on: August 20, 2011, 05:06:43 PM »
I took it akin ta watchin grass grow but it's all the same.  I like to play "count the yellow flags" it is a fun game.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1768 on: August 20, 2011, 05:50:46 PM »
Look'd up The Glenn race and what I heard wasn't really what I seen on tape....  Look's like Ambrose flat OUT RACE'D the children.....  :D  :D  :D   What 'bout Reuty.... wow ... that was the second time I've seen him tumble'n violently....  gonna have ta start calll'n him "Milkshake"... yeowzee..   :o  :o

Truck race today was interesting....  didn't hurt my feelings at all to see "track debris" waste Toad's engine and what's up with "Oh Canada" before the Michigan race?  Thought that Nationwide was roll'n first 'till I got up to look.....  Maybe Michigan wants to secede to Canada?   ???

Road Course Race'n is "elongated" short track race'n.....  The "rights" give those who normally only turn "left" fits thus out comes the tempers as well as a plethora of other issues to give cause of "dandelion" count'n and pigment cure'n 'til things get cleaned up....   ::)  ::)  ::)  Better then the truck race today... ;)

Suppose that "LEO's" need self applied cattle-prods or stun-guns for their satisfying excitement?   :-\  :-\  :-\  :-\

Race Day Tomorrow!    ;D  ;D

GO 88

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1769 on: August 21, 2011, 08:40:03 AM »
There was a lot of tore up cars and trucks this weekend so far. The sheet metal boys will be busy next week reskinning the wrecked ones. I haven't heard anything about the Michigan race for today. Michigan has always been a track that the Fords did well on. The track is over 40 years old, we have the sister track down near Texas A&M. I went to some NASCAR races down there in the early 70's.  The owners didn't maintain the track very well and NASCar pulled out in 79 or 80. I haven't been down there since. The track is still there, but I don't know if it is being raced on.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1770 on: August 21, 2011, 09:23:09 AM »
That stretches the memory. College Station? I think Roush did some testin' there recently.

Biffle 'n Kenseth have the front row. The other two Roush cars are 7th  'n 22nd at the house Penske built.  The Woods' car lines up 20th. Petty's are 16th 'n 29th. The Jenkins cars 27th 'n 39th. Rest of the Fords are likely start 'n parks.

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1771 on: August 21, 2011, 12:13:37 PM »
;D  ;D RACE DAY  ;D  ;D
All of HMS start'n in the top ten 'cept the 48.....  ???    Guess Chad missed this track and has some work to do to keep the 48 to the front....   :-\

The 88 start'n in the 8 spot sounds kind-ah lucky and I'm thinking JR is going to break this loss streak like it began with a win here by beating the Fords on fuel mileage!......   ;D  ;)  :D  ;D

;D GO 88  ;D

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1772 on: August 21, 2011, 12:36:33 PM »
They's just startin out.  JJ is already havin trouble, I hope he don't cause a wreck. 
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1773 on: August 21, 2011, 12:51:01 PM »
My, oh my...................

A strung out field 'n wouldn'tcha know it, a phantom debris caution. Heck, the 88 ain't close ta gettin' lapped yet, NASCAR. 'N they wonder why there's so many empty seats there.

Time ta get ta the gun stuff out in the attached 'n tune in MRN.

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1774 on: August 21, 2011, 03:45:26 PM »
DANG....  Toad wins again....  Good on him.....  ::)  ::)  ::)

17 car the only top 10 Ford and most of the top 10 finishers are bow-ties.... :D

Good show for ol' Ken Schrader.... finished with a clean car and just one lap down....   ;)

BAD MOVE on JR to come in for tires on the G-W-C....  Should'a stayed out with the skins he had on and got a better finish...   ::)

Bristol next week for all... Wed Trucks, Fri Nationwide, Sat Cup.....  All at night...

Ya'll have a great week....   ;)

GO 88

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1775 on: August 21, 2011, 04:04:17 PM »
The next 3 races will be ctirical for the folks on the outside lookin' in.  Hamlin seems to be fallin' apart and Brad K seems to be the dark horse. I was hoping that Hamlin would contend with Busch to see which enging outfit was better TRD or JGR. I hope they can duke it out at Atlanta. A lot of beating and banging at Bristol. Ya gotta come out of there with a decent finish and a car that is not torn up. JuneBug is really frustrated, I feel his pain.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #1776 on: August 21, 2011, 06:34:20 PM »
How ya think yer favorite NFL team is gonna do this year?

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1777 on: August 21, 2011, 07:03:44 PM »
I follow the AFC more than the NFC. Ilike the Broncos, the Jets, and the Colts. I think all 3 teams will do well this year.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1778 on: August 21, 2011, 07:21:05 PM »
Tex, I'm thinkin' Hamlin 'n Ford have let the last two seasons get inta their heads. The car breaks last week 'n Hamlin screwed up this week. Bad pit call at Pocono, lugs fall off the week 'fore that 'n motors didn't have anything to do with it. They can't hang they don't deserve to be there.

I don't feel bad for the 88. They've been in over their heads all season. A guess would be he'll stay in, save another melt down, but all he's gonna do is tenth or so.

If I were Gibbs 'n Rogers I'd get Busch between the haulers 'n use 'im for a handball. He hadn't screwed up the last restart last week this could have been two straight.

If the Skins can just break even, Slim, I'll be thrilled. They've done well, their ones versus our ones, the first two preseason games but they get inta the red zone 'n settle for three. Just can't seem to get it in.

Watchin' Houston last evenin' gave some hope tho. Kyle Shanahan designed that offense 'n their ones beat the snot outta the Saints ones.

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1779 on: August 21, 2011, 07:33:17 PM »
Hopin' for a better season for the Broncos Tebow has some promise...SF got a new throwin' arm to the line-up came outta NV with good stats. Will give them Broncos a run for the $$. Saints I like for the "other side"
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com