Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1286081 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #1740 on: August 05, 2011, 08:23:44 AM »
I just read on the Ford Racing web site that Carl has resigned with Roush. I am not sure that a move to JGR would have been a good move for Carl. I remember a line from "Days of Thunder" where Robert Duvall says, "There"s too many Roosters in the Hen House". I think that would have happened with Carl and Kyle Busch on the same team. I think that might be some of that between Kyle and Denny Hamlin right now.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1741 on: August 05, 2011, 12:06:13 PM »
Read Ford offered Edwards an undisclosed stock deal on top of what Roush offered. Looks like he took the package.

Kenseth said he bought Roush lunch t'other day  Said the boss looked a l'il 'light in the wallet.'

Bad bad part fer Roush is the 99 is only half funded for next year as is the 16. The 17 ain't got nobody right now 'n the 6 is questionable. Part time sponsors for the NNS effort.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1742 on: August 06, 2011, 09:12:20 AM »
Last entry list shows 31. Five short. Be interestin' ta see how many start 'n park.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #1743 on: Today at 08:34:15 PM »

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
« Reply #1743 on: August 06, 2011, 10:46:12 AM »
Catch'n Sprint Qualifying and waiting for the trucks to start within a few hours on the 2.5 mile triangle.... 8)  There'll be enough trucks running to make a race of it....   :-\  :-\  :-\

This should be good company as the assembly of new duct work carries on for the new furnace....  Something different then gathering firewood for the burn season....   ;)

Good stuff 'til Nationwide this evening....   ;D
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1744 on: August 06, 2011, 12:48:17 PM »
It should be muggy in Pocono this weekend.  I am hoping for a good race with Trucks at Pocono and in Iowa for the Nationwide Series.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1745 on: August 06, 2011, 09:13:31 PM »
Damn! If it gets any better'n that I wanna be there ta see it.

Sure would be fun if the cup cars were there in Iowa tomorrow rather than Pocono.

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1746 on: August 06, 2011, 09:24:45 PM »
Nationwide has another wild finish.....   :D  :D  :D     WOW!

Ricky Stenhouse Jr.  has issues with Cuz Carl earlier, then smokes an engine at the finish line and Cuz Carl crashes him across the finish line!  Love those team mate spats,,,,   :D  :D  :D  :D

Trucks washed out...... :'( race in the morn'n......  ;D

That'll put some rubber back on that washed-green Triangle track for the Cup Cars.... ;)    JR starts mid-pack again,,,, more of the same with better results please!   ???  :-\  ???

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1747 on: August 07, 2011, 07:28:44 AM »
;D  ;D  RACE DAY   ;D  ;D

Looks like the Camp'n Trucks can play this morn'n at Long Pond without too much weather issues!   ;D  ;D

However, the Sprint Cupper's look to have BIG rain on their party... >:(  >:(  >:(  More Rubber Duckies at Pocono Race Pond...   :'(

I hate the "weather short'nd" races....  better ta race it Monday morn'n....   ::)  ;)

Splish-Splash.....GO 88    :D  :D  ;D

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1748 on: August 07, 2011, 03:46:48 PM »
Hour into the Rain Delay Red Flag as the track looks like soup with rubber duckies eveywhere and more rain on the way.....   :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

124 laps complete as that is past half-way so a fork is going in the race just nobody ready ta say so yet....   ::)  ::)  ::)

Ya know Joey is say'n it's good but the rest wanna race sum-more....  :D  :D

I'd be think'n that a fifth place finish for JR is GREAT and take it for it's been a while that he finished this good plus all HMS in top ten..... BULLY!   8)

:D SQUISH... GO 88  .... Splish  SPLASH!!  :D

Next week is the Glen for cars as the truck are off and I'm think'n it'll be another wet race on the road course...  ???

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1749 on: August 07, 2011, 04:22:19 PM »
"White Bread" might win if he is leading and they call the race. He won his first one on a rain shortened race. A top 5 would be nice for Junebug, considering how hi season has been so far.  I wish we had some of that rain down here in Texas.

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1750 on: August 07, 2011, 05:50:53 PM »
Well they got the whole race in and that big ol' cloud on the radar stayed away or at least put on the brakes....   8)

Congrats to broken feet for stick'n it out for the WIN !!   :o  :o  :o

JR gets a top ten and it has been some time for that!    ;D  ;D   Thanks JR   ;)

The 48 & 22 have an issue to work out and to the 48:  ...."Nice Guys DO Finish Last" if ya gunna race him RACE HIM!   ???  ???

Next week to the Glenn

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1751 on: August 08, 2011, 06:36:45 AM »
The nice thing is that we didn't have to see Wonder Wimp or 5 Time in the winner's circle. Carl still has the points lead.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1752 on: August 08, 2011, 07:15:45 AM »
Is it over?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1753 on: August 10, 2011, 06:00:34 AM »
I hope so.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1754 on: August 10, 2011, 04:09:45 PM »
Hallelujah!!!!

The cries of many fans have been heard as Pocono Raceway announced Wednesday that it is shortening its races to 400 miles, beginning next year.

Pocono had run 500-mile Cup races ever since its first one in 1974.

“The 400 mile distance will make NASCAR racing at Pocono even more exciting,” said Pocono Raceway President and CEO , Brandon Igdalsky in a statement issued by the track.  “Race strategies will change, fuel mileage calculations will be altered and I firmly believe that our fans will be treated to outstanding racing at the 400 mile distance.”

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1755 on: August 11, 2011, 11:50:13 AM »
The new Ethenol fuel burns hotter but gets poor gas mileage. Just another problem for the crew chiefs to deal with.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1756 on: August 11, 2011, 12:59:04 PM »
EFI'll throw it off too. If they've settled on it full time by then. They'll figure it out.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1757 on: August 12, 2011, 06:34:38 PM »
I gotta a feeling that there be some concentrated testing before Daytona 2012.

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1758 on: August 14, 2011, 01:41:42 PM »
;D RACE DAY  ;D

::)  ::)  Another wet race and it looks like this time it's definatly rained out today but I got fooled last weekend; however, it depends on when they can get it started.   ::)  ::)

A lot of miles to go on this goofy track....90 laps worth......   :o

GO 88

Offline yeti76620

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1759 on: August 14, 2011, 04:05:23 PM »
It's OFFICIAL:

NO Race Today but 10.00am ET Monday morning will be the Glen 90 lap'er....   :-\   :(  :-\

Next weekend Cup 'n Trucks go to Michigan and Nationwide go out of Country to the North..... Montreal to road course it again... 
 ;D  ;D  ;D  ;)

GO 88

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com