Author Topic: !!!!! For sale, Belgian Centaur Colt NEW PRICE!!!!  (Read 9032 times)

Offline Goody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
!!!!! For sale, Belgian Centaur Colt NEW PRICE!!!!
« on: February 13, 2008, 10:14:41 PM »
I hope this is allowed in this forum.

I have a Centaur Colt, "1960 New Model Army". According to this site http://www.1960nma.org mine is a rare civilian model, serial # C493. It appears unfired, but turned. The blueing and CCH are in very good shape, the silver gripframes have tarnished a bit in the last 47 years. I rubbed the backstrap with an oilcloth and it will shine up. I would think some silver polish would do wonders. I have no box are accesories with it, just the revolver itself.

As far as value goes I am a little befuddled. There is not much information available as far as value goes, so I will attempt to set a value. I will start at $400 shipped. I will try and get a link up tomorrow for some pictures as my camera is at work.

First "I'll take it" posted here has preference.

Thanks, and hope to hear from you.

Offline Capt. Willard

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: For sale, Belgian Centaur Colt
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 10:36:34 AM »
Check your IM Goody! ;)
zunker@swbell.net

Offline Long Johns Wolf

• Top Active Citizen
  • "Centaures will make you become addicted"
    • Belgian Colt, aka Centaure, aka Centennial Army, aka "1960 NEW MODEL ARMY"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 11:14:36 AM »
Hello Goody. You got yourself an interesting and rare 1st variation of the Civilian Model of the Centaure if the marking ENGAGED 16 MAY 1843 is on the cylinder. Mine is C418 and I have the marking. This marking was omitted from around S/N C500 at the request of some Colt Collectors' Association in 1961..to prevent freud.
Actually togehter with Panhandle Paden we are the pards behind the website www.1960NMA.org. I would like to ask you a favor before you ship your priced pistol. Would you download the questionaire from the website, complete it with the data of you Centaure and mail it to wolf@1960NMA.org because I would like to include the data in our survey.
I have that same request for all other Belgian Colt aka Centaure aka Centennial Army aka "1960 NEW MODEL ARMY" owners.
Thanks a lot.
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

Advertising

Re: !!!!! For sale, Belgian Centaur Colt NEW PRICE!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:03:07 PM »

Offline Goody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 11:31:09 AM »
Thanks Long John, I will fill out the questionaire tomorrow. Mine says "New Model Army" on the cyclinder serial number C493

Offline Long Johns Wolf

• Top Active Citizen
  • "Centaures will make you become addicted"
    • Belgian Colt, aka Centaure, aka Centennial Army, aka "1960 NEW MODEL ARMY"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 12:58:51 PM »
Goody, that's exactly what it is supposed to say on the cylinder of this model, NEW MODEL 44. And the S/N is on the front side of the cylinder of your pistol. Whereas regular New Model Armies and the Marshal Models have it on the breech side.
I am very much looking forward to the specifics of your Civilian Model of the Belgian Colt.
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

Offline Goody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 07:15:21 AM »
I received several notices that I was not in the ballpark on pricing, so back up with a new, lower price. Thanks for the help, gentlemen. Or ladies, sometimes it's hard to tell with an alias! ;D

Offline Capt. Willard

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 10:19:06 AM »
I'll take it Goody! I'll IM you my address etc.
Thanks!
Capt. Willard out!

Offline Goody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 10:51:05 AM »
Looks like it is sold to Captain Willard, pf.

Thanks all for your help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com