Author Topic: For Sure Need To Buy The Book  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Just taking one day at a time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
For Sure Need To Buy The Book
« on: February 05, 2008, 07:11:49 PM »
On a post a few back Dalton tipped me to go to ebay, never thought about looking for scraps or strips, and then the more I looked  ??? ??? ??? I found out that I was  :o :o :o very much of need of knowledge  ;D.
 Another one of those thing that I allmost jumped in blind  ::) ::) which is a very bad habit I have  :-[ :-[, but thanks you folks, I think I need to take your advice and buy the book, and do a lot of research.
 When I got to looking at what all you can buy, and then what do you buy.
I saw a piece of black cowhide 7 sq. ft. 8-9 oz thick for like $50.00 to my door, you would have enought to make your belt 2 holsters belt loops and have some left, if I am thinking right? BUY THE BOOK!

Thanks Everyone
Dalton to the King
See Ya
Ace
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline Whiskey Creek Adams

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: For Sure Need To Buy The Book
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 05:54:10 AM »
The quality, condition and tanning (veg-tan, chrome, etc) of the leather you find on e-Bay can vary greatly from vendor to vendor.  I have found these folks to be one of the best sellers on e-Bay.  Good product, very communicative, friendly and fast shipping. They will cut most of their tooling leather to suit your needs, but at an increased price which varies based upon how much you buy. Still, for some of us, it is a big savings over having to buy a whole side.

Stay away form anything chrome tanned for holster and belt use.

http://rowensworld.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com