Author Topic: Charles Daly 1876 at Shot Show  (Read 5600 times)

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Charles Daly 1876 at Shot Show
« on: February 04, 2008, 02:21:30 PM »
Looks like CD is still importing the 1876 and or models from Chaparral Europe.  I guess  they got the spelling right this time around! ;D

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!
COMNAVFORV, NRA life, SASS Life, TG, STORM Rider #36.
GAF

Offline sharps50/70

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Charles Daly 1876 rifle
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 08:00:25 PM »
I see from the GunBlast Shot Show photos that Charles Daly is coming out with an 1876 rifle (as well as 1866).  Anyone have any more info like calibers, price and quality?

Your thoughts?

Offline Springfield Slim

• Top Active Citizen
    • Whyte Leatherworks
  • Liked:
Re: Charles Daly 1876 rifle
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 12:10:04 AM »
Charles Daly doesn't MAKE anything, just an importer. There are already some Charles Daly(Daily) seconds for sale by CDNN, made by Chapparal. 
Full time Mr. Mom and part time leatherworker and bullet caster

Advertising

Re: Charles Daly 1876 at Shot Show
« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:21:20 PM »

Harve Curry

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 09:07:32 AM »
There is a loooooong post started by the CEO of Charles Daly on the site called TheHighRoad.org, at general gun discussion section.
here's : http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=328468&highlight=Charles+daly

I thought Charles Daly firearms were supposed to be a select bunch, a step up. Not inferior seconds.

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 09:39:51 AM »
The rifles being sold by CCDN are not "seconds" in the sense that they are second rate in quality or have flaws.  They were mismarked at the Chaparral factory as "Charles Daily" and Charles Daly rejected them.  They were sold by CCDN at bargain prices.  The good news, besides the good deal for some, is that CD is standing behind those rifles in terms of service and warranty.  (See the other thread that is running on this subject.)

Charles Daly does pride its self on good value for the money, and their involvement with Chaparral Europe can only be a good thing. :)
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!
GAF

Offline sharps50/70

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 09:44:48 AM »
Grizzly

Thanks for the info on the Charles Daly post on The high Road.  Sounds very encouraging about their products and customer service.  I look forward to seeing their rifles and prices.  Based on all the problems/complaints with the other companies model '76s, I haven't run out and bought one.  Maybe with CD I will.

Rich

Offline eagles

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 05:11:40 PM »
I went on their site and searched and searched for any contact info and found NONE. I hate sites like that .

Harve Curry

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 10:47:01 PM »

Offline eagles

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 12:34:54 PM »
Thanks, BUT  That seems to be the HIGH ROAD.ORG a chat site on various issues . I read the letter from the owner of CD saying he wants to hear from people but again HOW do you email the company, or ask him anything  ?  Is one supposed to join that site and then hope he is reading when you post a question to CD ? The links  on their took me back to the Daily web page where no phone number or internet address can be found . I never so a company that hides its contact information so well

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 01:26:49 PM »
Thanks, BUT  That seems to be the HIGH ROAD.ORG a chat site on various issues . I read the letter from the owner of CD saying he wants to hear from people but again HOW do you email the company, or ask him anything  ?  Is one supposed to join that site and then hope he is reading when you post a question to CD ? The links  on their took me back to the Daily web page where no phone number or internet address can be found . I never so a company that hides its contact information so well

Eagles,

I gleaned this from one of Mr. Kassnar's posts on THR thread. :)

"Our number is (717) 540-8518 or (toll free) 866-DalyGun."

I believe Mr. Kassnar agrees with you in regards to the CD website, and states that they are in the process of redesigning it. ::)
GAF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com