Author Topic: When you know things are allright AKA Family Values  (Read 19822 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: When you know things are allright AKA Family Values
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2008, 06:54:26 PM »
This’uns Andi, or properly, Andrea, Leo.

Ali, Allison, is 28. She’s the one with the grands livin’ up King George. She’s been gone nine years now. Out of the beach close ta five.

Yeah, I know, bro. Ali will be 29 come June. Hell, Laney will be 7 next month.

Dang, I was tryin ta keep it straight.  Usually good at rememberin names without havin ta look back.

I got my two, Rachael and Terra 16 and 13.  The niece I raised just hit 18 an that was wierd.  I had a third named Annabelle, but she musta decided she didn't like what she saw when she got here and went off ta go do Angel work or something.  She'd been 11 next month.  The time flies by so damn fast that it's hard ta keep up.  I know it's just gonna keep speedin up.  ;)

Leo

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2008, 07:31:01 PM »
time just flies when yer having fun.  ;D   my son Seth was 33 when his Mother and I got divorced, she gave him to me, just what I wanted but she thought it was punishment,  so him and I were together several years. he moved out years ago, Amy moved out when she was 16, went to the Arkansas Math & Science acadamey down at Hot Springs.  when she dropped out of there she didn't come back here, had a boy friend by then and couldn't be talked into coming back,  that was 8 or 9 years ago, so we been without kids in the house for at least 9 years.  sure feels good,  we enjoy a visit now and then but we sure are tickled to see em going out the driveway too.

We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2008, 08:10:10 PM »
Heck my daughter is 27 and my grandaughters are 7 and 2.  I don't think I'm that old either Sleep, but it's got a way of creeping up on you.  My Son-in-Law is preparing to get out of the Navy and is a pretty decent mechanic.  He just completed 2 of his ASE certifications and just took the tests for two more.  He's a hard worker and my daughter has turned into quite the Mom  Even taught herself how to sew.  Arcey the empty nest syndrome is tough in the beginning, but a little while after that you an tha missus will get some of your youth back and start doing things as a couple again.  I can't belive I'm actually looking forward to retirement, so we can move out into the country and keep our horses on our own property and do what we want when we feel like it.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 05:07:15 AM »

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2008, 09:15:38 PM »
Well I guess it wouldn't be fair not ta mention the step kids.
     Course there's CJ what just had the baby (he's gettin big), Steven the 22 year old career student, Rusty, our 15 year old, Jasimine, our foster daughter who is now 20 on her own an doin fine :D and various others who consider this the place ta go to when thigs don't work out. 
     Lil has a huge heart, but I tell ya when this place clears out she gets a special glint in her eye. I love those days ::)

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2008, 10:53:54 AM »
Arcey the empty nest syndrome is tough in the beginning, but a little while after that you an tha missus will get some of your youth back and start doing things as a couple again. 

Yeah..... We'll see.

Reckon me 'n you lucked out with the SiLs.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2008, 11:50:17 AM »
Well, The Moose and I never got around to havin' kids,  no kids=no grandkids. We've raised a bunch of cats and dogs durin' 34 years of marriage.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2008, 06:10:46 PM »
Ali just called ‘n I just got my breath back.

Seems they were in Target ‘n Noah is sittin’ in the cart. The cashier is a young kid with two studs in his lower lip. Ali sez Noah was starin’ at ‘im.

When Ali least expected it, Noah blurts out, ‘Mommie, what’s wrong with his mouth?’ Loud ‘nuff for everybody else in line to hear.

Ali was still laffin’ when she called. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2008, 06:15:23 PM »
Sounds like he was just callin it like he seen it.   ;D

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2008, 06:16:46 PM »
Arcey, I thought everybody had body pierceins'. Hell, I'll show ya mine, when I come out there next summer.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2008, 08:32:54 PM »
Sounds like he was just callin it like he seen it.   ;D

Kids certainly have a special way a doin that :D

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2008, 08:40:50 PM »
remember that show,  Kids say the darnedest things.  ???

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2008, 08:56:50 PM »
Yeah.  I think Bill Cosby tried ta revive it fer awhile. 
     The original guy is jsut outside my memory...

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2008, 09:11:21 PM »
Yeah.  I think Bill Cosby tried ta revive it fer awhile. 
     The original guy is jsut outside my memory...

Art Linkletter

SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2008, 09:38:00 PM »
Thank you Sir.
     I woulda woke up in the middle of the night shouting it at Lil.  I give ya her thanks as well even though she aint here at the moment ;D

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2008, 06:45:58 AM »
Art just died a few years ago. He lived to be in his 90s.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2008, 10:38:10 AM »
Art asked one little boy what his favorite animal was.  The kid said it was an octopus.  Art asked him why and the kid said, "Because it has eight big long testicles."

The audience and Art all cracked up and they cut to a commercial.  Art was still trying to reconpose when they came back.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2008, 11:31:05 AM »
Art's Show   "Art Linkletter's House Party came on around Noon or One o'clock M thru F.  Talking to the children everyday was a segment of the show.   Little kids that age are so open that they will say anything.  I am sure Art spent a lot of time between breaks to regain his composure.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com