Author Topic: lookiing for CAS guns in canton, ohio area?  (Read 5475 times)

Offline slap happy

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
lookiing for CAS guns in canton, ohio area?
« on: February 02, 2008, 07:42:15 AM »
Hi' I'm just getting started in cowboy action shooting, i haven't been able to find much of a selection of firearms at the major retailers nearby. I wondered if someone in the area could help. thanks mike!

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: lookiing for CAS guns in canton, ohio area?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 08:46:31 AM »
If you can find a local FFL to transfer firearms, I can recommend Ultona, on gunbroker.com and other boards, he has a good selection and some of the best prices in the country, even with the shipping/transfer fees...
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 02:53:13 PM »
Try a Long Hunter Rodeo by USFA.  http://www.longhunt.com/

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:17:01 PM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 06:13:56 PM »
Bobey, I'm in Canton ;D What are you looking for? Anything in particular? Have you gone to any matches in the area yet? I would be glad to assist you if you wish................Buck 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline slap happy

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 07:56:16 PM »
Thanks buck! I'm looking for a model 92 copy, a pair of us firearms rodeo's . I went to a couple of shoots with my friend out in denver area. I'm want to try the tusco shoot around midvale, or the shoot at mount vernon ohio. Thanks mike

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 08:43:31 PM »
Tusco shot today, Bobey. They shoot the first Saturday of the month, except Dec.. There's a club up in Rochester( Lorain County), one in the Mansfield area( OVV), one at West Point Gun Club in Lisbon( non-affiliated, but a real nice one). My partner shoots the Rossi made '92's, both in .357. One is a fairly old one, the other is an LSI imported one. They're both the carbine version, the newer one has the safety in the bolt. I know of two shops in our area that cater to CAS shooters, let me know if you want to go and I'll see about us getting together and I'll show you where they're at. The Summit County Gun Show is running this weekend, there's some CAS guns there. Believe I did see some '92's today. There's some SAA type revolvers as well, no Rodeos, but a bunch of the NRV's and some Cimarron's, and Beretta Stampedes. Think their hours are 9 to 4 tomorrow yet.
 I belong to Tusco, and have shot at some of the other venues as well. I've got Rugers, EMF's, Cimarron's, and EAA BBH's. For rifles, I'm a Marlin man, have 4 1894's in various calibers, an 1893, and an 1889. Let me know if I can be of help................................Buck 8) ;)

Offline willy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 04:23:31 PM »
Hey Buck I'm in Canton and don't know any dealers with much in the way of CAS guns.
Who are the dealers you are talking about?

Willy

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 07:41:33 PM »
Hot Rod's Gun Shop( Lake Sign) up in the Portage Lakes and Valley Gun down in Strasburg. the big stores around here either don't cater to CAS shooters or their prices are out of sight My favorite shop closed a couple years ago, they were down in Mineral City. PM me if you want some help...............Buck 8) ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com