Author Topic: Has anyone put the white or the pearlized Grips on the Navy model 72's  (Read 3657 times)

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Just taking one day at a time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I was wondering if anyone out there  has put the white resin grips on there 72 navy model, and if so what brand did you use?
I have been looking at the Tomestone grips ( I am cheap). I have read that on some models of the uberti's that you have to hand fit anyway.
  I would like to hear the goods and the bads, maybe no one likes the white orr the pearlize grips? Everyone has to have there style and look.
 If I was rich, I would have heavy engraved 1st Gen Colts. BUT THAT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN!

I will be great full for any and all input
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: Has anyone put the white or the pearlized Grips on the Navy model 72's
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 08:46:08 PM »
Ace, if you utilize the search function button almost every newcomer question has been asked as well as answered many times. I say this to help you as then you won't have to wait for answers. Example: I went to the search function & typed in "aftermarket grips".

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php?action=search2

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 05:25:56 AM »
Ace, I put genuine artifcle Stag on a 60 Army, if it's help
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

Offline Sgt. Jake

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 09:15:02 AM »
   Ace  Uberti s are a lot more uniform than say Piettas. I have ordered a set for a 51 navy from Larry at Gripmaker .I sent him a tracing of my frame and he ended up having to make a new mold for that frame .They will require fitting, be slightly larger and need to be sanded down to fit, its really not that difficult. Even if you buy say a set of Ajax for a ruger ,they still need a little work for the best fit. In the previous case ask me how I know,just got done putting a set on for a friend. Get what you want and take your time ,they will come out nice.                Adios  Sgt. Jake

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 05:30:38 AM »
Thanks Pards,
You all have gave me good advice, and I even used the search feautue, and for the first time in 5 years of surfing it work great, most of the time I have no luck, but maybe it is the way I type it in.
 Larry the Gripmaker makes SUPER AWESOME GRIPS!! I only live 40 miles from him. And this is sad to say(and I do not want anyone to feel sorry for me) I just cannot at this time afford his prices, I am not saying that they are not worth it, because they are!! I spend a hour talking to him at a shoot and looked his grips over that were on the guns he was shooting.
He puts great time and effort in making his grips, they fit better and look better than any I have seen.
 And I am greatfull for the input from you guys, in my post I ask about the Tomestone Grips and the reason was the PRICE, I need (I want) 6 sets, if I only needed one set, I would have ordered them last week from him! He is a super guy, and will help you in anyway.
 I apolize if I have upset anyone, in any way, I was just  in hopes that someone had tried the Tomestone Grips , I quess that is why I shop at Wal Mart and buy my clothes at Gararge Sales. I WANT MORE TOYS!!

I am very Great Full For The Advice Pards   :)

Ace
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline Sgt. Jake

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 12:42:58 PM »
   Ace  Not a problem  Rite at this moment Id be hard pressed to come up with the clams for six sets of grips. I do not have any experince with Tombstone grips is all, Larry is such a decent fellow ,a pard to ride the river with.               Adios  Sgt. Jake

Offline Ace Lungger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 06:40:25 AM »
Jake,
I will have to agree Larry is a super person, he was one of the first to offer to let me shoot his guns, and we talked of and on for a hour.

See Ya
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Offline Sgt. Jake

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 10:05:18 PM »
    Ace    I could run up one heck of a long distance phone bill chating with Larry,good luck in your serch.            Adios  Sgt.Jake

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com