Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Cas City Historical Society

Therapeutic paper........

<< < (2/2)

ChefBaden:
Howdy All,
I had watched the movie: "Broken Trail" and was interested in the term "Therapeutic Paper", Thank you for the history lesson.

Now for the question: Is it possible to locate a package of this paper, as I am a collector and would like to add this to one of my collections.

chefbaden@yahoo.com

Forty Rod:

--- Quote from: Curley Cole on January 11, 2008, 10:28:25 PM ---The first producer of 'perforated' toilet paper was the British Perforated Paper Company in 1880. Falling under the term "Theraputic Papers," and originally coming in boxes of sheets, the acronym T.P. beccame widely known and "Toilet Paper" later became the proper and known term to describe what the papers were used for. Other forms of non-perforated toilet paper were available the same time and earlier, notably from the Scott brothers (Scott Paper Company) and Joseph Gayetty. Before this invention, wealthy people used wool, lace or hemp for their ablutions, while less wealthy people used their hand when defecating into rivers, or cleaned themselves with various materials such as rags, wood shavings, leaves, grass, hay, stone, sand, moss, water, snow, maize husks, fruit skins, or seashells, and cob of the corn depending upon the country and weather conditions or social customs. In Ancient Rome, a sponge on a stick was commonly used, and, after usage, placed back in a bucket of saltwater.

--- End quote ---

"ABLUTIONS?"

Dang, Cole, hanging out down here at the court house is improving your vocabulary a bunch.   ;D

Delmonico:

--- Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on January 12, 2008, 12:55:59 AM ---Here's a little history for you(r) butth_ _ es!! Get the pun?!!  ;D :D ;)

http://www.toiletpaperworld.com/tpw/encyclopedia/navigation/funfacts.htm

--- End quote ---

Didn't work for me. :o

Advertising:

Delmonico:
I have these pictures from the 1880's in my files:

Curley Cole:
sittin in the courthouse has been keepin my butt busy

curley

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page