Author Topic: turkish shotguns  (Read 11153 times)

Offline rowdyripley

• Citizen
  • pa its stuck!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
turkish shotguns
« on: January 01, 2008, 09:39:51 PM »
those huglu shotguns look mighty nice but It seems like no ones got them any more. where do I get one?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
Re: turkish shotguns
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 08:35:58 AM »
From time to time you'll find them for sale on the used market under the name Liberty & Liberty II.
Their importation was discontinued in the late 1990's.

There is/was an Importer called Adco that offered 2 Turkish SXS under the Diamond name .
 He started advertising the Double hammer gun in the summer of 05 called the Cowboy Model .
At that time , I was looking for a Mule Ear SXS and contacted him , he responded and said he would not have any to sell until later in the year.
He still did not have any guns in November of 2005.
Mean while I had purchased a TTn.

The problem was and is ...parts ...in particular firing pins.
 EMF was an importer of Liberty II's an could not get replacement parts..they often had some problems getting the guns.
 Knowing that , I had asked Adco if they would stock parts, he was honest and said no.

Guns of the Old West did an article about the two Adco SXS offerings #49 Summer 06.... one was a single trigger hammer-less
Diamond DC 12-20 and the Muley eared Diamond DH 12-20. The Muley was quite nice looking.

In that same issue, Adco continued the same 1/3 page ad, stating the guns were Available the summer of 2005   though he still did not have any in November.
strangely, I have not seen the Adco Ad in any issues since the article.
EMF had trouble with delays when they offered Turkish SXS's and quit advertising them in 2004 ( now they sell TTn's )
I wonder if the delay problem continued for Adco.

Adco Arms Co.  1 800 775 3687  Fax 781 935 1011----  from their old ad in Issue #49 GOTOW

you could also try CZ their Drango (if they are in stock) is the same Muley as above ...
http://www.cz-usa.com/products_shotguns.php?m=1

Or I suggest ... the TTn  from Walt Johnson TTn International , Taylor's , EMF or Cimarron....
Walt offers Customers service , of the highest order.
TTN International, Inc. 23192 Alcalde Suite “I”. Laguna Hills, CA 92653. Phone: (949) 707-1718
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 04:00:03 PM »

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:24:06 PM »

Offline rowdyripley

• Citizen
  • pa its stuck!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 05:10:20 PM »
you guys are great thanx.  I'll make some calls and post the results here if your intrested

Offline rowdyripley

• Citizen
  • pa its stuck!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 06:05:50 PM »
well I'm at a crossroads and I need hep. been lookin at a few of the coach guns out there and this is what I've come up with.  the huglu guns are the best lookin scatterguns out there but you cant get parts to save your soul as was mentioned earlyer and I'm having trouble finding them. the stogers are tough but plain as a parsons widow. the baikal's are middle of the road for looks and reputed to be strong but those hammers look a bit flimmsy. what ever is a po-boy ta do? are the parts that break on the huglu guns something I can make with my lathe and files or are they intricate cast parts? do all these guns have the parts requisition problem? am I going to have to spend my life with an ugly scatter gun? these questions are just to much for my wits after all I've only got half of them to start with. ???

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 06:42:58 PM »
2 words.... TTn International

Offline rowdyripley

• Citizen
  • pa its stuck!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 11:23:30 AM »
2 words.... TTn International
Second Major sir, what is this TTN international and why haven't I heard of them?

just had corraspondance with adco asked weather I had missed the boat this was their reply

"Dear Friend:
You and a lot of people are at the dock having missed the boat, but we are trying to get a new boat in.  In the current economic climate it may not be soon but it is definately on the table because we have a lot of unfilled orders, so check every so often.
Best wishes,
ADCO         "

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• Top Active Citizen
  • ~Aggravator Emeritus~
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 02:58:45 PM »
The TTN website (http://www.ttnintinc.com) is unavailable right now, but this is what they are:
http://www.emf-company.com/shotguns.htm
Hedley Lamarr
SASS #14478 ROII
~Aggravator Emeritus~
"Dashingly Corrupt"

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 06:02:30 PM »
Rowdy

TTn is Walt Johnson the importer for a Colt style 1878 Mule ear coach SXS..
Walt was the initial, importer for these.
He supplies them to EMF , Taylor's and Cimarron one if not all should have some in stock...

This is mine ordered from TTn in 2006 ....Trust me on this... you will LIKE IT A lot

Here is the address and phone #
TTN International, Inc. 23192 Alcalde Suite “I”. Laguna Hills, CA 92653. Phone: (949) 707-1718

Offline rowdyripley

• Citizen
  • pa its stuck!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 06:28:19 PM »
just called him he's gonna sent me some info via the mail. says he dont know whats wrong with his web site but he's workin on it. seems like good people to me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com