Author Topic: Letter to the Postmaster General  (Read 7718 times)

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Letter to the Postmaster General
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 01:50:14 PM »
Maybe it's where I live, but I've had issues with USPS since we moved in almost 31 years ago...and I'm not alone...and it's not just my two-block-long double-ended cul-de-sac.  It's lot's of people and it's all over Ontario and other inland valley towns, as well.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 03:10:37 PM »
    You guys must be on the list that says "lose or destroy these people's mail". Forty Rod, I've got a business mailing dvds all over the world, after 600 plus, mailed in an envelope with no insurance or delivery confirmation, I haven't lost one or had one damaged. The only thing I've lost was an order of 100 that disappeared from UPS. The complaint about Priority Mail being late is because of FED EX, CAN I SAY THAT AGAIN, FED EX. The Postal Service is not allowed to own planes, so we have a contract with FED EX to fly our Priority and Express mail. Needless to say, we do not get priority service on their planes. I spend 8 hours plus a day taking mail from e-bayers and other business people who ship quantities of mail daily and we rarely, that's RARELY DAMAGE ANYTHING. magazines and letters can get damaged because we are forced to run them through machines. Don't like it, can't help it.  I should delete this now, cause the next time you get a magazine with a corner ripped, you're going to whine about thousands of laziy, stupid Postal Workers. Makes sense, don't it.

I can tolerate a "corner rip" as you put it, and I could tolerate it if it was maybe once a year or less, but when it is more often than not, AND I don't think your letter machine folded the cover/pages back, and left what I can only assume to be taco sauce on the pages inside. Don't think the robots are that good yet, so I can only assume it is someone on the UPS plane, or one of our postal workers Like I have said before there must be a cowboy fan or shooter in my p/o, cuz most of my stuff comes torn, pre read, folded or late. once the magazine that comes in an envelope even was opened (and if I am not mistaken, isn't that a federal offense?.

My last post in this thread was giving out some compliments to the service, but is still needs a lot of work.  You can say what you want but bottom line is the Post Office said "Yup, we can get your letter/package/magazine from point a to point b in this amount of time for this amount of money." There is an assumption that it would arrive in at least one piece. And it is a contractual agreement that it would arrive is said amount of time and of course ARRIVE at all.

So, yer darn right when I pay good gold dust for a letter package or my magazines, I have a RIGHT to expect some what decent service. And I refuse to accept ANY excuses for my magazines to be PRE read and used as a napkin.

Simple as that

Curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 04:32:40 PM »
No excuses, Curley - you're right.  Pre-read and sauced is UNacceptable.  Period.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 10:57:50 PM »

Offline Old Top

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2008, 01:39:27 AM »
From the sounds of this it seems to be the areas that are served by the letter carriers.  Been where I am at. off and on, for about 40 years and have never had the trouble that seems to happen to the others, of course I knew the first postman on the route and the one that is on the route now I went to high school with  ;D.

Old Top
I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2008, 09:16:11 PM »
One of the advantages of not movin' far I guess....So who is yer postman/woman? Do they mind the "knee high" mailbox..

I had a first rate mail man when we lived in Claremont, and it waz  a walk around route...wish I could have brought him with me..

We had a mail man that used to punish us if we caused him to have to gettoutta his car...he would hold our mail for 2-3 days...He doesn't work for the post office any more, wonder why?

Curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com