Author Topic: Sugar Shot a Buck  (Read 3580 times)

Offline Ozark Iron John

• We're Ridin-n-Shootin Boyz! Blam! Blam! Blam!
  • Top Active Citizen
  • You're not under Arrest. We're here to Hang ya!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sugar Shot a Buck
« on: November 17, 2007, 09:03:52 AM »
I told ya'll I could do it.  I told you it could be done.  How many of ya'll doubted it?  Come on now, how many of ya'll think a .45LC w/ standard Cowboy rounds is too light for whitetail deer?

I've been carryin' Sugar all week.  I've got one Farm Tag for Any Deer.  I've got two for Antlerless Deer.  I've been sayin' all along I wouldn't shoot a little buck.  I've actually seen four that I wouldn't shoot.  Last night, about an hour before dark a little six pointer I had not seen before stepped out into the milo field.  He turned and started grazing away from me at about 75 yards.  Quarterin' away with his head down presented a pretty near certain kill shot, but I sat still.  He munched on that milo for fifteen minutes sorta kinda millin' around.  Then he looked back into the cul-de-sac from which he had come and put his head down and went back.

I thought an old buck might've called too him.  Sure enough about ten minutes later he came strolling out.  A 210 lb 10-pointer.  He was headed east across the milo and up along that big east-west hedge row that forms my northern boundry.  He passed right past me.  I didn't have more'n two or three heart beats to decide.  I shot abouit 45 yards.

Blam!  Thwack!  I saw him go down in the Black Powder smoke.

He couldn't have gone down any harder than if I'd shot him with a .308.

I had to shoot him with my Remmie to finish him off, but .....  That's why I was carryin' it.

Wooo!  Whoo!  Sugar Shot a Buck!

I got pics!

"Wrap my Body in a Bonnie Blue Flag and bury me with my Feet in the South!"
>:(    - Ozark Iron John cir. 1876

SASS #60933, CMSA #4406, Masonic Cowboy Shootist

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Re: Sugar Shot a Buck
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 09:34:17 AM »
Well that shows that CAS rounds can be lethal and the safety standards we have ARE necessary. congratulations, OT, can't wait to see the pics...................Buck 8) ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Ozark Iron John

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 07:37:22 PM »
I'm tryin' to get my wife to make the dang camera thingy work on this computer.  I got pics.  Good ones with me and my Uberti Winchester 1873 .45LC  w/ 24" Oct. Barrell and my Uberti Remington 1858 New Model Army w/ Kirst .45LC Conversion Cylinder.

One Shot.  Pow!  Thwack!  He went right down.  He weren't out.  Far from it.  But he didn't get up either.

We caped him out later this morning and I found that I did NOT hit his shoulderblade.  I thought surely I had broken his shoulder, but alas I was about 1" behind it and just over middle chest.  I reckon he was shot perfectly.  It hit him hard and knocked the wind right out of him.  Knocked him on his ass and he couldn't get up.

I didn't waste no time.  I got down out of the treestand and walked right over there and shot with him with the pistola.  I've killed deer with a pistol before.  Lead is Cheap.  Blam-Blam-Blam-BLAMBLAM!  He chest cavity was FULL of blood when I dressed him out.

We're gonna eat him boyz!  I'm going to make them sausage sticks out of him.  Except for the butterfly backstap steaks.

I promise!  Pics to follow.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:48:44 PM »

Offline Ozark Iron John

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 10:10:26 PM »
Here's the picture.

200 lb. 10-pointer.  Walking fast at 40 yards.  One shot.  .45LC Cowboy Load.  1" behind the shoulder.  It knocked him right down.  It didn't kill him, but he didn't get up.  I shot him a few times with the revolver just to make sure he bled out good.

I'm gettin' him mounted.  He's a good'n and I got him with my Cowboy guns.  Yeee!  Haaaw!

Harve Curry

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 09:50:12 AM »
Sugar,
Nice job. It is fun to hunt with the firearms that great great granparents used to make this country. I'll keep hunting with mine as long as I can see the sights. They will do the job.

, Bill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com