Author Topic: Winchester Ammunition recall  (Read 2754 times)

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • "To sing, to laugh, to dream, cock my hat, or gun"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Winchester Ammunition recall
« on: September 11, 2007, 08:35:14 AM »
On pg. 110 of the Sept. American Hunter Magazine
Product warning and recall notice
Super-X High Velocity symbol X22LR) and POwer-Point (Symbol X22LRPP)
Lot Numbers containing letters AN, YA, YB, or YC
This ammunition may contain double powder charges.

Do not use Winchester Super-X High Velocity (X22 LR) or Power- Point (X22 LR PP)
with Lot numbers containing lettersXN,YA, YB, or YC. The ammunition Lot number is imprinted (stamped without ink) on the outside of theright tuck flap of the 50 round box.
 To determine of the ammunition is subject to this notice, review the lot number, if the lot number contains the letters XN, YA, YB, or YC return the ammunition to Winchester via United Parcel Service (UPS). Securely pack the ammunition in a corrugated cardboard box, write "CARTRIGES, SMALL ARMS. ORM-D on the outside and ship to:
USA Customers                                                          Canadian Customers
Olin Corporation- Winchester Division                       Olin Corporation- Winchester Division
Tile Warehouse                                                   c/o HSL Warehousing
Powder Mill Road. gate 4A                                         739 M0naghan Road
East Alton IL 62024                                              Peterborough, ON K9J 7S4

Attention .22LR recall                                           Attention .22 LR Recall

Please include your name, address and phone number. Winchester will send you coupons good for replacement ammunition from your local Winchester dealer.

If you have any questions concerning this recall please call toll free 866-423-5224 (U.S and Canada), write to the above address, or vist our website at www. winchester.com
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242
"Never apologize Mr.; it's a sign of weakness."
Capt. Nathan Brittles {John Wayne} in "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon."

"A gun is  just a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool----- Think of it always in that way. A gun is as good--- and as bad--- as the man who carries it. Remember that."
                                                   Shane

Offline Buffalow Red

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Winchester Ammunition recall
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 08:53:38 AM »
I SENT 11 BOXES OF 357MAG WINCHESTER BACK THIS SUMMER ALONG WITH MY GUN. THE PRIMERS WERE BLOWING BACK & JAMMING THE CLY, ON THE 10 TH ROUND THE FIRING PIN SHOT OUT THE BACK OF THE GUN.
THEY SAID THERE WAS NO PROBLEM WITH THERE AMMUNTION BUT REFUNDED MY MONEY & PAID TO HAVE MY HIGH STANDARD REPAIRED VERY HELPFULL
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
  SHOOT STRAIGHT & LETS BURN SOME POWDER
Warthogs rule
Life NRA
SCORRS/ rugers/ 66 in 44-40  , trap door shooter
Southern Mo. Ranger
SASS
BSA SM RETIRED

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com