Author Topic: Spring kits for CAS guns  (Read 10189 times)

Offline Will Pluggum

• Mesa, Arizona
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 57339, NRA
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Spring kits for CAS guns
« on: March 21, 2004, 09:29:46 AM »
Cuts Crooked  has brought it to our attention  ;) in another forum that Lee's Gunslinger Spring Kits are available from www.brownells.com at very good prices, $14 to $27.  They are available for Colt,  Ruger, Colt clones, Rossi 92 and Marlin rifles.  It was mentioned in an older CAS-l article on Rossi 92 up-grades that you could speed up the action by reducing the tension on certian springs but annealing and re-tempering was required.  With these new spring kits, all that can be avoided.  I wouldn't be comfortable with putting in springs I had taken a torch to anyhow! ::)
    If your a hobbiest gunsmith and are confident you can do this kind of work,  take a look.  When you get to Brownell's web-site just type' Lees Springs' into the search window.
BTW.....I already downloaded the CAS Rossi 92 maintence article.  Been trying to find it again so I could post it here where everyone would see it but I've lost it.  If someone comes across it, post in the longbranch for all to see.  It is very well written and contains everything you need to know to dis-assemble, modify (if you desire to) and re-assemble your Rossi 92.
N.R.A. ....the big posse' is keepin an eye on them bushwackers for us....JOIN UP!   www.nra.org

Offline Marshal Halloway

• Editor & Webmaster of Cas City.
  • City Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Don't squat with your spurs on. Have fun shootin'.
    • Cas City
  • SASS #: R3411
  • NCOWS #: HL-179
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
Re: Spring kits for CAS guns
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 09:38:58 AM »

Howdy pard!

The article can be found here:
http://www.cascity.com/cgi-bin/news/print.pl?article=10
Editor & Webmaster of CAScity.com
Director - Digital Video Division - Outdoor Sportsman Group (OSG).
Digital Video Production & Post Production OSG
Owner of Down Range Media GP

Offline Will Pluggum

• Mesa, Arizona
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 57339, NRA
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 10:44:18 AM »

Howdy pard!

The article can be found here:
http://www.cascity.com/cgi-bin/news/print.pl?article=10

Thanks Marshal.  Us hobbiest gunsmiths love this stuff.  If ya got anything on SAA's, put that up to!
N.R.A. ....the big posse' is keepin an eye on them bushwackers for us....JOIN UP!   www.nra.org

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:07:02 PM »

Offline Shiloh Sharpie

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 10:50:07 AM »
I have used the Wolff springs in my Ruger revolvers with terrific results.  They also have a website.  The prices are good and the products excellent.
Shiloh Sharpie
SASS 10477 Life
-------------------------------------------------------
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them.

Offline Will Pluggum

• Mesa, Arizona
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 57339, NRA
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 10:53:12 AM »
I have used the Wolff springs in my Ruger revolvers with terrific results.  They also have a website.  The prices are good and the products excellent.

Howdy Shiloh.  What is there web-site?  Can you buy direct?

Big Hext Finnigan

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2004, 01:07:18 PM »
Yes, you can.. and even "I" was able to install the springs. (I'll see if I can dig up that little article)

http://www.gunsprings.com/1ndex.html
Go to revolvers and then Ruger.

Adios,

Offline Will Pluggum

• Mesa, Arizona
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 57339, NRA
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2004, 04:18:39 PM »
Thanks, Hext.  Now we all know where to go for spring kits.  I'm bettin' that with your experience with 'shootin irons'  you didn't have much trouble gettin those new springs in... ;)

Offline Shiloh Sharpie

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2004, 04:50:27 PM »
Installation is not complicated but I am not too fond of installing the mainspring in the Ruger.  Suggestion: wear eye protection.  I also tether a piece of dental floss to the spring so if it lauches I can find it again. I am actually better at this than I make out, but losing parts can happen at any time and toi anyone.
Shiloh Sharpie
SASS 10477 Life
-------------------------------------------------------
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them.

Offline Will Pluggum

• Mesa, Arizona
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 57339, NRA
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2004, 04:57:07 PM »
Installation is not complicated but I am not too fond of installing the mainspring in the Ruger.  Suggestion: wear eye protection.  I also tether a piece of dental floss to the spring so if it lauches I can find it again. I am actually better at this than I make out, but losing parts can happen at any time and toi anyone.

I'm still wonderin what happened to the bolt spring that flew out of my Winchester pump shotgun when I took it apart in the liveing room.  Literally removed the furniture, took the drapes DOWN, hands and knees over every square inch of carpet,  never did find it!.  I'll remember the dental floss trick.   Muchas Gracias......Will

Offline J.D.Cayhill

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2004, 08:21:15 PM »
For changing the hammer spring in a RV try using a old fork with heavy tines to compress the spring. It works like a champ, but like said before make sure to wear eye protection. I used to use this method when the better half still let me have sharp objects. ;D
"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man."
SBSS #638
BOSS #44
STORM #142
RATS #89

Big Hext Finnigan

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2004, 09:31:55 PM »
One other suggestion.. the fork is good and a string would have been real helpful.  Get a decent sized box and do the gun work inside it.  It keeps the fly away parts from getting far afield (in to the no-see-um zone.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com