Author Topic: CAS mentioned ...  (Read 2657 times)

Offline Walt OReagun

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
CAS mentioned ...
« on: November 28, 2004, 02:16:03 PM »
... in the September/October 2004 issue of Concealed Carry Magazine.

From pg 19:

Cowboy Action Shooting:

In the somewhat unlikely but entirely possible event that your carry gun is a single-action revolver, one of the most popular gun games ever is designed to give you all the practice you want.  The Cowboy Action Shooting matches of the Single Action Shooting Society will take you through a variety of Old West shooting scenarios, if not realistic in historical terms at least as real as any shoutout ever shot by Roy Rogers or John Wayne.  The game is focused on fun and socialization as much as shooting and you'll even be encouraged to dress the part.
Liberate America - Abolish the IRS !

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: CAS mentioned ...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 02:52:39 PM »
"Unlikely"  sounds like a nuther typical gun rag that spouts dribble with out usin' much brains.  I know several that carry SA by choice like me.  Don't sound unlikely to me.   ::) :P
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Walt OReagun

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 03:38:49 PM »
Considering the extremely low number of people who regularly carry SAs as their daily choice, "unlikely but possible" is an apt choice of words.  I mean, if statistics show that 99% of people carry semi-autos and DAs, it is unlikely that any one picked at random will be carrying a SA - even if there is 1% that regularly do.  Unless, of course, your "test group" happens to be at a CAS event.   ;)
Liberate America - Abolish the IRS !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:51:28 PM »

Offline Trapdoor Billy

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 03:41:09 PM »
Delmonico -- You just gotta know you is in the minority.  :)
Trapdoor Billy
Indian Scout and Delaware Cowboy

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 03:49:45 PM »
Since it said carry gun, not concieled I bet this fella' would have a hard time convincin' a bunch a "REAL" cowboys from Western Newbrasskey and other such places that the Rooger BH, RV or model P Colt ain't the proper choice a handguns.  Sounds like a city boys poll. ::)

Course out here ya figger it's a good place ta eat in a small town by the 'mount a Pickup's parked by it with guns in the racks. :o

Couse there be dern few outer-loaders that would be worth tryin' ta hit one a dem song dogs out rount a hundred paces er so, a good SA has a good chance it a man or woman knows their gun and load.  different enviroments have different needs.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com