Author Topic: Kevin Costner,,,a thought  (Read 40623 times)

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Kevin Costner,,,a thought
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2009, 11:32:05 AM »
I would say multi talented ;D I gotta back the home boy guys..I loved Porter Wagoner,but that ole boy couldn't carry a note in a ten gallon bucket. :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Marshal Deadwood

• SHOOTER FOR HIRE
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Home of the Plainsmen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2009, 09:21:28 AM »
Delmonico said :
Jimmie Stewart and John Wayne were likable people, Costner would have a hard time gettin' a cup of coffee in one of my camps.

I agree. I also believe Costner couldn't have carried a cup of coffee TO either Jimmy Stewart or John Wayne. Stewart and The Duke are reasons I like cowboy stuff now. I might have went into the priesthood if I'd had to watch Costner when I was younger.

MD

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2009, 03:21:21 PM »
He called me yesterday and he said just for that he cancelled the western movies he was gonna do..asta shumanie wantan tanka i pielo  :-X :D :D

Now where's that bridge i had for sale???Ahh
Bunch a ole scudders!

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 04:52:53 PM »

Offline Early Graves

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2009, 09:09:35 AM »
I must admit,I've never watched "Dances wiith wolves",all the way through.The Civil War scene was so preposterous,I couldn't take anymore.

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2009, 11:37:24 PM »
And the damned buffalo don't shoot back.

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2010, 11:26:30 PM »
I remember several years before he passed, the late Jack Lord, who was vocally anti-gun, was spotted in a pawn shop haggling on the price of a Colt .25 auto.
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2010, 08:42:03 PM »
Maybe Ol' Kevin just has a touch of Bad Karma!
I think Bad Karma put a contract out on him.
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2010, 09:10:15 PM »
I would say multi talented ;D I gotta back the home boy guys..I loved Porter Wagoner,but that ole boy couldn't carry a note in a ten gallon bucket. :D

Are you saying Porter Wagoner couldn't carry a tune? Have you heard his recording of "Satisfied Mind?"

The only thing wrong with Porter Wagoner's act, is those dumb suits of many colors, he wore...!

Bill

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2010, 12:11:59 AM »
You folks have left one name off your list that needs to be added. I am proud to call him a personal Friend.  Mr Buck Taylor who has had a long acting career on TV and the Movies. He's a pretty fair artist to boot.
Always liked Buck in Gunsmoke, but in The Sacketts he turned in an excellent performance. One of the most believeable actors I've seen.

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2010, 11:03:57 AM »
Judge Roy Bean is right. I'm a huge fan of Duvall's work, but he is pretty limited to his acting range.
I have no clue why the "Bash Costner bandwagon" has so many people on it. Heck, he made some real clunkers, but show me a highly-regarded actor who hasn't? I can point out some truly awful movies John Wayne was in!  :o
And as for his involvement in anti-gun movements, well, it's a free country. I like most of his work I've seen and I just don't get wrapped up in an actor's politics when it comes to watching their movies. Otherwise, I'd find a reason to not watch anything...

I have to agree. I thought the Duke was great, but, does anyone remember a certain piece of cinematic excellence called "The Unconquored"? Did I spell that right? lol

Offline The Elderly Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2010, 11:19:46 AM »
I think you refer to "The Conqueror," featuring the Duke as Genghis Khan. Not until Monty Python would there again be a historical film so hilarious.

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2010, 09:36:57 PM »
I don't think Ol' Bruce will efer live down his role in the Cowboys. You just can't shoot an American Icon and get away with it. Nobody likes it when the Hero gets killed by the Bad Guy.
You must admit, his end in the movie was, shall we say, a rather rough road and quite fitting fer a low-down, yeller-bellied, back-shootin' skunk!

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2010, 09:39:07 PM »
I think you refer to "The Conqueror," featuring the Duke as Genghis Khan. Not until Monty Python would there again be a historical film so hilarious.
You know, I think the Duke went to the grave wondering 'What the hell was I thinking????'

Offline kcub

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2010, 01:52:33 PM »

Katherine Ross from "Tell Them Willie Boy is Here"

Worth seeing because she is so dang hot!  Black hair, blue eyes, in her prime, yummy!

Offline Drayton Calhoun

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2010, 09:34:55 AM »
Well, at least he wasn't wandering around Asia looking for a shrub...lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com