Author Topic: 1897 Trench gun -> 1897 Non-Trench gun conversion  (Read 5394 times)

Offline Tennessee Troublehunter

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
1897 Trench gun -> 1897 Non-Trench gun conversion
« on: June 18, 2007, 09:23:48 PM »
Hello,
   Supposedly, if you're looking at getting a Norinco/IAC 1897 (which I am), the best way to know you get one with all the design improvments is to get a M97 Trenchgun since those were all 5th generation.  However, as we're probably all aware, the "Military format" is no good for SASS.  How hard would it be to convert an M97 back to a good ole' cowboy gun?  Is it just a matter of removing the bayonet lug and heat shield, or am I entering into a world of pain?

1919A6

Re: 1897 Trench gun -> 1897 Non-Trench gun conversion
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 10:40:43 PM »
Why you haven't heard of the "denial" conversion.  It works as so - walk up the the line, when confronted with - that's not approved, you reply in total wonderment - it's a replica Win 97, clearly they will come back with - it's got the heat shield and bayonet lug, which are not allowed,  you reply in true wonderment - WHAT heat shield and WHAT bayonet lug, I don't see either of those.  Remember, for the "denial" conversion to be effectively made, you must maintain the redpill composure during the bluepills questioning.

I got one, great gun and I got a real Winny 97 takedown made 1954.

Offline Capt. Augustus

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »
From days past, it was stated that IAC would send you the piece used on the plain 97 to hold the magazine.  The problem I heard was the bead went with the removed parts.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:08:56 PM »

Offline geo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 01:44:46 PM »
i removed the heat shield and bayonet lug from my norinco. it seems the bead was off center. i got a magazine clamp from either numrich or iac, don't remember. and, yes, the bead goes with the heat shield. it was hard getting the shield off but with a good gunsmith screw driver and some norwegian steam you can put the shield back on as you want. good luck, geo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com