Author Topic: Need ffl help  (Read 3081 times)

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Need ffl help
« on: June 16, 2007, 07:25:48 PM »
I am wanting to purchase a High Standard Double Nine 22 pistol.
Hold 9 shots single and double action with swing out cylider.
 Is the some special rule that says i can't buy this revovlver from a private party in Ca.
To ffl in Ca.?????I believe it was made in 1967 and has plastic stag grips. model ios w-104
serial number1933267.How do i find actual date of manufacture????
HEEEEEEEELLLLPPPPPP :o
Bunch a ole scudders!

FRANK JAMES

Re: Need ffl help
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 10:22:12 PM »
If that firearm is IN Kalifornia then yes you can buy it; from a private party, gun show, pawn shop, etc. You can't buy one outside of Kalifornia and have it shipped in. It isn't covered  in the Cal DOJ's Certified Handguns List.
  I was wanting to buy a similar firearm from out of state; I just contacted the Cal DOJ and was told that I needed to know the exact date of mfg for a determination. Since H&R has long been sold I decided to find an easier catch.
FJ

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 06:29:36 PM »
Both parties have to be present i find.Nobody will do it unless we are both There.It has a swing out cylinder made in 67 and is a double action 22 short.Drop test were supposed to be on new guns not these.Now if it was another 10 years old you wouldn't have to ffl it as it would be a curio relic.
Go figure,sounds like the dealers are wanting to get two people instead of one in the store.By the way July 2008 both parties in the store is going to be mandatory.And they didn't even ask if you agree.Chuck Schoomer juts got his law in there at least we will be safe from the mentally ill.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:06:17 PM »

Offline WyrTwister

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 10:51:50 AM »
Both parties have to be present i find.Nobody will do it unless we are both There.It has a swing out cylinder made in 67 and is a double action 22 short.Drop test were supposed to be on new guns not these.Now if it was another 10 years old you wouldn't have to ffl it as it would be a curio relic.
Go figure,sounds like the dealers are wanting to get two people instead of one in the store.By the way July 2008 both parties in the store is going to be mandatory.And they didn't even ask if you agree.Chuck Schoomer juts got his law in there at least we will be safe from the mentally ill.

Respectfully , you are some what in error .

I have a C&R FFL .  A 50 year old gun still has to ship to a FFL , but it can ship to a C&R FFL ( Type 03 , if I recall , would have to look on the paper ) or a Type 01 Dealer FFL .

Best I remember , if it was made before 1898 , it is considered an antique & does not have to ship to a FFL .

Now , when it comes to your crazy laws in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia , I do not know .

God bless
Wyr

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com