Author Topic: !! BP Incident Report !!  (Read 11942 times)

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Re: !! BP Incident Report !!
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 10:41:09 PM »
Any more word of this event, Driftwood?  ???

Offline Maj.Bull S. Hitter

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 11:23:11 PM »
 ben reading the post and this gets my mind going.I figure until someone has proven this incident didn't happen we all should accept that it did.So many varibles can play into something of this kind.Who can say with out a doubt that it never happened in the past?It maybe a 1 in a million,it may not.
 When the cap was lifted off ,with all other varibles in play,the oxygen increase to the inside of the can may have been all that was needed.
 I have seen houses explode because someone opened a door.Yes I know other varibles are in play, but it was the first thing that came to mind concidering all the other aspects of the incident.Static maybe,I sure don't know

Offline sundance44`s

• SASS# 61233 and Alamo Kat SASS 79338 , ColdwaterLongRifles , HatchieRunLongRifles .NRA.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • No Place Special , MS.
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 07:52:46 AM »
I sure wouldn`t mean to say it didn`t happen ...I just sat back and put myself in a new blackpowder shooters shoes , I`ve taught alot of newbies to our sport , and some / most knew nothing about it or how to handle black powder .. This would be a scary thought to them , thinking just opening a can of Goex could spell the end for them ...not much fun there .
There was a story at a Rendevous , that a guy had a powder horn explode while he as wearing it around his neck ....they said it blew a hole in his chest , but he lived to fight another day ......after 6 months of the story being told , ( it just exploded for no reason ) come to find out , he had forgotten to put the end cap back on the horn and was takeing a smoke break with it still around his neck ....not a good pratice even with it capped .... So I`m thinking there may be more to this story than is being told . If it did indeed happen the way it`s told ..there needs to be a warning put out by Goex telling us what to do to releive the possibility of this happening again . Maybe wear rubber shoes and attach ourselves to a ground wire while opening a can .....see what I mean , think about how the new guys and how they feel reading this .
I really like reading about a new guy comming into the black powder shooting world and they just love it ... The powder horn story scared alot of new guys in my black powder club ...to the point of them thinking maybe we shouldn`t wear our powder horns much to dangerous and maybe they shouldn`t even stand close to a guy on the fireing line wearing one . I can just see them running for cover next time they see someone opening a can of Goex .
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 02:05:42 PM »

Offline Driftwood Johnson

• Driftwood Johnson
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 09:19:58 AM »
Howdy Again

I have no new information to add to this post at this time. Some of you have asked questions that were already answered in my original post. That's fine, I think I have answered them again. Other than that, I have no additional information. I will attempt to fine out more. I don't see the guy I talked to very often. I will see if I can contact him through various means. Perhaps I can even get the name of the victim. I will post more as I learn it.
That’s bad business! How long do you think I’d stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he’d pay me that much to stop robbing him, I’d stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

Offline sundance44`s

• SASS# 61233 and Alamo Kat SASS 79338 , ColdwaterLongRifles , HatchieRunLongRifles .NRA.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • No Place Special , MS.
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 12:12:16 PM »
Thanks Driftwood for anymore infromation you can find out ... Inquireing minds would like to know , I`ve pionted alot of newbies to this forum as a good source of infromation...just want to know is this just a good campfire story , or one for the history books .
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Offline Goatlips

• Top Active Citizen
    • Goatlips' BlackPowder Tips
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 11:14:54 PM »
What I can't fathom is... if I held a can of BP in one hand and removed the cap with the other, and the can exploded, how would I have any fingers left at all? 

If I had the space to do it without being arrested, I'd be tempted to tie a half slab of ribs around a can of BP, and maybe a chicken leg close to the lid, touch it off from a distance and see what was left.  ???

Goatlips
Wolverine Rangers/Lake County Pistoleros
Visit my Blackpowder site:
http://goatlipstips.cas-town.com/index.html

http://goatlips.hrillc.com/goatlipstips.cas-town.com/index.html

width=200 height=30]http://www.cascity.com/layoutimages/mycascityprofile.gif[/img][/url]

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2007, 09:31:53 AM »
What I can't fathom is... if I held a can of BP in one hand and removed the cap with the other, and the can exploded, how would I have any fingers left at all? 

If I had the space to do it without being arrested, I'd be tempted to tie a half slab of ribs around a can of BP, and maybe a chicken leg close to the lid, touch it off from a distance and see what was left.  ???

Goatlips

Just don't do it with the can below the belt.  ;D  You know Shutzen flavored ribs cooked the europian way, thew way they do, doesn't sound like too bad a meal to me. Why don't we form up and make BP from mesquite and put a cowboy taste to the ribs?   ;D
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Offline yankeesharpshooter

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2007, 08:13:32 PM »
This is always a fun experiment to check out when the age old question of "Can static electricity set off black powder?" pops up.

cut, copy, and paste this link in your browser.

http://www.ctmuzzleloaders.com/ctml_experiments/sparks/sparks.html

Remember safety always first.

Enjoy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com