Author Topic: shooting sticks -here's the site  (Read 3308 times)

Offline yellow bear

• Citizen
  • TRLEA, SASS, Congress of Rough Riders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
shooting sticks -here's the site
« on: June 04, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »
Well, got the sticks and got them quick - ordered Monday, had them by Saturday - very pleased so here's the site:  www.sportwc.com - call the guy or email him if you want somethin' special - like I had to - the sticks are pricey but I have searched high and low for just the sticks - didn't want somethin' clunky or metal or somethin' tacky - good source, good guy, good service.....
"Lead me not into temptation" - I can find it for myself

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: shooting sticks -here's the site
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 10:27:00 AM »
I am assuming you got the "African" sticks.  Looks like they are at least partly made of metal and screw into each other?  If you got something else and could post a picture it would sure help.  Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline yellow bear

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 04:02:11 PM »
They are the African sticks, I guess, but with saddle leather tops - gotta email him - but I'm gonna redo the tops - see the post about "shooting sticks - what do you use" and I'm thinkin' about changing the joint cross to a screw (as seen in the post I mentioned) - presently they are joined with an elastic band - I also want to add a latigo lace between the legs so when I spread, the width is determined by the length of the lace between the legs.  I took them out last weekend and liked them but the alterations I mentioned will improve the sticks.  Keep in mind I got these sticks for standup shooting - I had a heck of a time finding anything that long to make my own.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:25:52 AM »

Offline yellow bear

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 04:05:54 PM »
I am assuming you got the "African" sticks.  Looks like they are at least partly made of metal and screw into each other?  If you got something else and could post a picture it would sure help.  Deadeye.

Also, they are solid sticks - not collapsible - didn't want modern metal screw type joinery - I may make another modification later - cutting the sticks and joining them with dowels or some such primitive joinery.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com