Author Topic: I could use some help with a YellowBoy  (Read 29153 times)

Offline The Avocado Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I could use some help with a YellowBoy
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 05:08:24 AM »
Well,if you have the orig.box your gun came in the date code(four digits****)is on the end of the box right hand side just above the serial#. Also,the tape that is wrapped around the box has a proof date code two letters but may not be correct.You will have to e-mail Uberti to find out what year the four digits mean. Dusty.
"Holy smokes thats a lot of Indians!!".....General George Armstrong Custer 7th Cavalry

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2007, 10:08:48 AM »
I hate to drag this back up, but now you've got my curiosity up. 

I cannot find the date code on my Navy Arms 1866 either, and on the box the only thing that I find that matches any of the codes provided is BC (1993).  However, my loading gate has the 0.115" screw hole size which is supposed to indicate that it was made after December 2004.  I'm confused...

I bought the carbine this past February.

Thanks for your help!

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline The Avocado Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2007, 04:33:18 AM »
Trinity.....your date code is 0220.....call or write Navy Arms or Uberti and ask them when your gun was made. Dusty. PS: I just looked at my gun which is 0229 and that is 2003....I bought the rifle in 2005 new.
"Holy smokes thats a lot of Indians!!".....General George Armstrong Custer 7th Cavalry

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 12:44:49 PM »

Offline The Avocado Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2007, 04:51:51 AM »
You may contact Suzanne Webb at Uberti......she will be happy to give you the date of your gun.....here is her e-mail address.....Good Luck,Dusty. e-mail......suzanne.webb@ubertireplicas.it

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2007, 06:41:19 PM »
Trinity.....your date code is 0220.....call or write Navy Arms or Uberti and ask them when your gun was made. Dusty. PS: I just looked at my gun which is 0229 and that is 2003....I bought the rifle in 2005 new.

Ohhhh.  Thanks!  I was looking all around the 0220 for the letters. ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Halfway Creek Charlie

• AKA Old Dragoon,The Gunslinger and other no so polite names...
  • Top Active Citizen
  • My Wyatte Earp Impression
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2007, 07:31:20 PM »
Ok here we go again.
My new (to me) Henry has no date code that I can see, a Cat number, two proofs and the S/N on the bottom tang covered by the lever. however the Tape on the box, there is NOTHING elase on the box anywhere, has the Gardone (BS)(2002??) tape one place on the box the other tw pieces of tape don't have the (BS) on them. Bottom Tang reads, Trigger to butt, Cat7351, two proofmarks, A UBERTI ITALY,  W1428X

I cannot believe there isn't a sticker like the one above on this box anywhere, and not remains of one either. Box is clean!

The side of the bbl at the left breech reads +STOEGER, ACCONEEK, MD-A UBERTI-ITALY+ and 2 proofmarks.
SAS-76873
NCOWS-2955
SCORRS
STORM-243
WARTHOG

Shooting History (original), Remy NMA Conversions, 1863 New Model Pocket Model C.F. Conversion, Remy Model 1889 12Ga. Coach Gun
2nd. Gen. "C" Series Colt 1851 Navies
Centennial Arms/Centaur 1860 Armies
1860 Civilian Henry 45LC (soon to be 44 Henry Flat C.F.(Uberti)
Remingon Creedmore Rolling Block 45-70 (Pedersoli)

"Cut his ears off and send them to that Marshall in Sheridan" Prentice Ritter

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Offline The Avocado Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 01:44:10 AM »
Charlie......I know the feeling.....I never looked at the end of my box! When I sent the serial# to S.Webb she replied with the year....date code....who the gun was shipped too and on what date it was made and the date shipped....I think you should e-mail her....a nice lady and willing to help,good luck,Dusty.PS: After I received all this info I then looked at the end of my box and all the info was there....weird yours has nothing? The tape on my box was the same as yours(2002)my gun was made in 03 and I made the purchase in 05.....a brand new gun....I think they(Uberti)work like the US Army.....they use all the old stuff up(tape)before they go to the next batch.....only a guess on my part. My gun was shipped to taylors so....either Uberti is shipping the guns that way or the dealer has some blank Uberti box's....I thought I had a box from another gun and the dealer goofed.... but not so.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 08:04:56 PM »
I sent S. Webb an email last night and had a response waiting for me when I came home this evening!  She told me that I forgot the serial number. ::) ::) 

She was courteous to the utmost.  At first, I didn't want to email her because I imagined the barrage of inquiries that she must endure during her day, but this thread made me do it.  I must to know... ;D

Offline The Avocado Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 09:22:37 PM »
Trinity ....post your info.when you receive it from Uberti....we all want the scoop.....Yep....I guess she can't read your mind,a serial# helps. Dusty.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 09:36:01 PM »
She's going to hate us. I emailed her today as well with my S/N and all the other info.
Since mine is marked Stoeger I'm pretty sure that is where it came from but would like to know when.
Seller said it was a new gun, only used in one match     ".......and she only drove it one Sundays to church"
It acts like a new gun, but I have seen "new" revolvers from various importers that are NIB but several years old. So Why Not a Henry.
SAS-76873
NCOWS-2955
SCORRS
STORM-243
WARTHOG

Shooting History (original), Remy NMA Conversions, 1863 New Model Pocket Model C.F. Conversion, Remy Model 1889 12Ga. Coach Gun

Offline The Avocado Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 09:43:20 PM »
Yep.....I own one! I have seen brand new guns(NIB) full of BP....now.. I know in AZ they must be tested by the dealer(or somebody) before they are sold but it looks like to me they went to an event and had a ball then sold the gun as NIB. I'm I wrong? Dusty.

Offline The Avocado Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 09:49:31 PM »
Charlie....I have a friend who is a professional guitar player....when he wants to buy a new(used) guitar from one of my friends....he says I need it for church,he gets a great deal out of them then turns around and sells it for a profit so...now when we hear the old line "I looking for a guitar to play in church"....we all LOL. You may have some good luck with it though. Dusty.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 10:53:05 PM »
It shoots great and that is what counts.

I never got a NIB gun with BP residue in it from anyone, but I have cleaned out 35-40 years old factory grease from NIB guns.
SAS-76873
NCOWS-2955
SCORRS
STORM-243
WARTHOG

Offline The Avocado Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2007, 11:03:19 PM »
Charlie....You are correct on all counts here.....if S.Webb reads any of these posts on this thread or the other one....she will blame me I think....that is part of her Job and she is a nice Lady so I think we will be ok.....if hundreds of CAS people e-mail her they will change the e-mail address I guess. Dusty.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2007, 12:33:06 PM »
Ms, Webb replied that my gun is Code 0288 and was shipped to Stoeger May 19, 2006.
So it is pretty new. So Code 0288 must be 2006 MFG. (by the shipping date.)
SAS-76873
NCOWS-2955
SCORRS
STORM-243
WARTHOG

Offline The Avocado Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2007, 05:30:01 PM »
That's GREAT Charlie! You lucked out. Correct....Code 0288 is 2006....now you know. Dusty.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2007, 05:33:54 PM »
I got a prompt reply too!

Charlie, your 0288 code represents only the model.  I don't know where we can find the production information other than to ask Uberti, but this is what she wrote me:

Thanks for your e-mail.
Code 0220 means 1866 Carbine  cal.38Sp. bbl.19".

Your gun was originally imported by Navy Arms Co on 21st July 2005

Again, a very pleasant lady.

Thanks on my behalf for passing along the email address, Avacado Kid.  I do wonder, however, how Ms. Webb feels. ;D

Offline The Avocado Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 05:44:41 PM »
Trinity....I hope she isn't angry with me or the people here on CAS.....its just part of her Job although,she is the only person at Uberti or one of the few that speaks English well enough to talk with bone heads like us so....I bet she stays pretty busy."I don't know where we can find the production information other than to ask Uberti".......this info will be hard to get......they don't like to give out this info......same with guns as it is with guitars,drums etc. Dusty.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 06:18:10 PM »
Actually in her email to me was the email from a lady in italy at uberti and I have her address too. it was in english, that is where the code was. Not in the email from ms. Webb.

Shoot my gun is barely a year old COOL! It does act it. Wonder now when it was bought at Stoeger?  Aw shoot this is good enough info.
SAS-76873
NCOWS-2955
SCORRS
STORM-243
WARTHOG

Offline The Avocado Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2007, 07:29:31 PM »
Charlie....you could call or e-mail them...you have all the info.now. Dusty.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com