Author Topic: My computer sucks......UPDATE!!  (Read 5611 times)

Foothills Drifter

My computer sucks......UPDATE!!
« on: November 14, 2004, 09:14:54 PM »
Howdy......
My computer is in the shop. It has major problems with pop ups, ad-ware and a bunch of other crap. I have run all the adware stuff and I use Norton 2004 (on Win.98SE) I tried to load Win.XP but it wouldn't take  >:(  I took it to the shop on saturday (that sold me Win.XT) and they said the would put it on for nothin  :) I will get it back mon or tues. So until then I am on a Pentiam that we got in 1997 that is slower that hammered dog $h!t  :o  My virus program wouldn't even load because this is such an old 'machine' When I get mine back, this one is goin ta get both barrels of my Stevens 311R !!! Then the Bounty Hunter, then the '97  :o  :o  :o

Good shootin......
Vern... ;D

Howdy......(again)
Well...I got my 'unit' back and let me tell ya IT'S NICE! I put an ethernet card it it and so far I have not had to configure it to log on to th i'net with my cable modem (the old setup uas through a USB port) It seems to move along faster then befor. I gotta load a lot of stuff ta get it back like it was befor...............See ya tomorrow.

Good shootin......
Vern...

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My computer sucks......
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 10:01:49 PM »
Uh, Drifter, I take it you're not happy with your unit ::) :o................Buck 8) :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Foothills Drifter

Re: My computer sucks......UPDATE!!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 07:17:07 AM »
Howdy......
My 'unit' is fine  :o It's the computer I'm not happy with  ;)  ;D (sorry, I couldn't resist  ;) )

Good shootin......
Vern... ;D
Howdy......(again)
Well...I got my 'unit' back and let me tell ya IT'S NICE! I put an ethernet card it it and so far I have not had to configure it to log on to th i'net with my cable modem (the old setup uas through a USB port) It seems to move along faster then befor. I gotta load a lot of stuff ta get it back like it was befor...............See ya tomorrow.

Good shootin......
Vern... ;D

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:41:20 AM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 02:37:02 PM »
 ::) :o :o :o ;D ;D 8)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Matthew Duncan

• Cutter’s Raiders# 13
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 23189
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 06:50:43 AM »
...When I get mine back, this one is goin ta get both barrels of my Stevens 311R !!! Then the Bounty Hunter, then the '97 

You're going to shoot old faithful?  It works when the new fangle doesn't and it's rewarded by hanging?
Major General J.E.B. Stuart's Division
Captain 1st Maryland Artillery, C.S.A.
SASS# 23189

Disclaimer:  I have not slept in any hotel recently, not a certified CAS rule web lawyer.  Have not attended any RO III or RO VI classes.  Opinions expressed are by a cowpoke who believes the year is 1868.

Foothills Drifter

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 07:23:16 AM »
...When I get mine back, this one is goin ta get both barrels of my Stevens 311R !!! Then the Bounty Hunter, then the '97 

You're going to shoot old faithful?  It works when the new fangle doesn't and it's rewarded by hanging?

Howdy Matthew......
Well....I have calmed down some and I ain't gonna shoot 'old faithful' on more  ;D Instead I will just use a 'few choise words' and let it go at that  ;)

Good shootin......
Vern... ;D

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 11:41:39 AM »
My computer sucks......

Then maybe you should use it as a vacume.

Stoney (what couldn't resist) Pete

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2004, 11:46:13 AM »
My computer sucks......

Then maybe you should use it as a vacume.

Stoney (what couldn't resist) Pete

Mebbe it's a Hoover model deluxe (I couldn't resist either) ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Noah Mercy

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 06:50:20 PM »
1997?!  :o Whoooooeeeee! That shore is newfangled...mine's a '94. Actually, I'm right this moment on a brand new Gawdawful powerful confuser I got a couple weeks ago...that's already had to go back for the same problems you've got...ad-ware and all that. When I got it back, I upped my security to the next-to-the highest setting, this after having the geeks (I say that with reverence, BTW) install Norton 2005 and download all the patches from Microslut. Runs slick and I haven't had any problems with spy- or ad- ware since I got it back on Monday. I have to make exceptions for certain websites to enable cookies, but that's no sweat. And I held onto my old Windows 95 dinosaur, coz' apparently the hackers have pity on folks with the "old ones" and leave 'em be...never got hit with a virus or worm in over ten years.
"Dying ain't much of a livin', boy!"

SBSS #1664
WartHog

Foothills Drifter

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 07:13:07 PM »
Howdy......
I got things up and runnin and workin fine  ;D XP is a little differant then Win98 but it aint no problem. I remember our first computer (1987/88?) it was an AT286 turbo  :o How times have changed!
Still configurin........

Good shootin......
Vern... ;D

Offline Will Pluggum

• Mesa, Arizona
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 57339, NRA
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 08:13:45 PM »
Hey Foothills...how are ya...been awhile.  I don't mean to imply anything here but you are aware that that it has been scientifically proven that microprocesser speed and complexity of computor operation is directly related to the quantity of Jack Danials consumed over a given time span by the operator. I think I got a formula for it here somewhere..let put down my beer can and I'll look for it.......see yaa.... ;) 
N.R.A. ....the big posse' is keepin an eye on them bushwackers for us....JOIN UP!   www.nra.org

Foothills Drifter

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2004, 08:06:00 AM »
Howdy Will......
It's been too long. Its 5:45AM and I'm still workin on my coffee, HOWEVER, real soon I'm gonna break out the 'Jack' and do a little experimentin. I am gonna do some updatin and reconfigurin and a little down loadin. I'm gonna start 'without Jack' (about the first ten minutes or so...  :o ) and record how things go. Next it will be a shot every 5 minutes (for about 20 minutes) and then, well.....who knows........ ;D
I think I missed my callin in life, I shoulda been a stinkin research sciencentist  :o
I (and the wife)  are still doin research on that 'takin off the bra without takin off the shirt' thing. My wife seems ta be gettin a little board with all the  picture takin and note takin  :o  ;)  ;D I'm thinkin bout gettin a video camera for this project also. I meet with some resistance when I presented this idea to the other half of the team  :o
It's time ta get back ta work. I'm almost done with my coffee....time ta get out the 'Jack'  ;D  ;D  ;D

Good shootin......
Vern... ;D 

Offline Will Pluggum

• Mesa, Arizona
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 57339, NRA
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2004, 10:08:56 AM »
[quote author=I (and the wife) are still doin research on that 'takin off the bra without takin off the shirt' thing. My wife seems ta be gettin a little board with all the picture takin and note takin :o ;) ;D

Just remind her it's all for the sake of science and the betterment of MANkind.......push on...

BTW...hope you and yours have a Great Thanksgiving holiday...cheers!   Will 
N.R.A. ....the big posse' is keepin an eye on them bushwackers for us....JOIN UP!   www.nra.org

Foothills Drifter

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2004, 12:25:23 PM »
[quote author=I (and the wife) are still doin research on that 'takin off the bra without takin off the shirt' thing. My wife seems ta be gettin a little board with all the picture takin and note takin :o ;) ;D

Just remind her it's all for the sake of science and the betterment of MANkind.......push on...

BTW...hope you and yours have a Great Thanksgiving holiday...cheers!   Will 

Howdy Will......
HAPPY THANKSGIVING back at ya and the rest of ya too!
I'm doin research today usin the "Jack" HOWEVER...I think somethin is wrong with my monitor...it's showin DOUBLE of everything  :o I think I'm gonna have to take things apart and see whats wrong.......... ;)

Good shootin......
Vern... ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com