Author Topic: Grand Army of the Frontier Muster website  (Read 3340 times)

Offline Lone Gunman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The Lone Gunman ...as himself
    • Lone-Gunman.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Grand Army of the Frontier Muster website
« on: November 11, 2004, 06:17:51 PM »
Since I'm not real sure where this should be I'll just 'shotgun' it onto several forums  ::)

Here's the site for last weeks Grand Army of the Frontier Muster

Input by Marshal H.
Click on the thumbnail below for a larger collage

George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

Offline Lou Graham

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Grand Army of the Frontier Muster website
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 06:37:48 PM »
Thanks for posting the link Lone Gunman.  What a great job you did putting that all together so fast!  I know where I'm going the last week of Oct. next year -- sure looks like a ton of fun.
You fellers are most handsome all dressed in your uniforms.
Soot Lady
You can never be too thin, too rich or have too much ammo

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 07:49:40 PM »
This is AWESOME!!!!

Thank you George. 

Lou,

We'll keep the fire burning for you :)
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:19:31 PM »

Offline Birdgun Quail

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 08:18:13 PM »
I admire that fellow Rattlesnake Jack in the kilt.  How much abuse did he have to put up with? 

Great site!
God bless,
Birdgun Quail

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 09:13:56 PM »
Not as much as you would think.  Rattlesnake is a real solid fellow.  He is quite funny without the kilt.
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2004, 12:02:22 AM »
RJR, don't be takin' no guff of these guys.  I'll be there next year and even if it ain't really a kilt, I got's a really nice red flannel, plaid nightshirt that I lounge around camp in when the cookin' chores are done.  Kinda like a Prairie Dress version of a kilt. :o :o

On a warm summer evenin' the breezes waifin' under are quite nice after a shower. ;D  Course Naper Newbraskey will never be the same after my shower in the Comunity Center and my midnight stroll down Main Street on Saterday night. :o ::) :P  Guess them folks never seen a Cosie in a nightshirt and bandanna around his head. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2004, 02:30:22 PM »
John M. 'Rattlesnake Jack' Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers - late Major, Royal Highland
Regiment (The Black Watch) - reporting in ...

No, I didn't have to take much ribbing - but that is one reason why Highlanders go so heavily armed I suppose - anyone wanting to "make fun" must do so faced - in my case, at least - with some (or all) of the following: a sgian dubh (the sock knife), a dirk, a broadsword, a .455 Webley revolver, a .577/.450 Martini-Henry Rifle, and a stick (swagger stick that is ...)  Both Roger and I had a grand time at Muster, and greatly appreciated the hospitality of our hosts!

We arrived home in the wee hours of yesterday morning after a relatively leisurely return trip via
Denver, then up the "Bozeman Trail" - Cheyenne, Fort Laramie, Sheridan, Billings, Bozeman, Great Falls ....

Will be a while before I get caught up on e-mail and the Forums!

This picture is courtesy of Lone Gunman - since I was too busy having fun to take any pictures at
Muster!  Actually, I delegated that task to my orderly/batman - but have not yet managed to get
them from him!

That's me standing off the Zulu hordes during the Rorke's Drift scenario, using my Mk IV Martini-Henry
rifle, rather than the usual pistol-caliber rifle.  I was urged to shoot this senario with the Martini, and it
didn't take any arm twisting for me to comply!  You sure know you've been shooting after you fire
fifteen rounds of .577/.450, let me tell you!  But the three mid-range gongs which the first ten rifle
rounds were to be fired at (in rotation) definitely knew they'd been shot! They weren't supposed to be "knockdowns", of course, but I had to finish the latter half of the initial 10-shot string firing at the
longer-range gong ...   
However, the "style points" made up for the adverse effect those handicaps had upon my score.
Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com