Author Topic: JAGER ARMS  (Read 18466 times)

Offline skunkhouse

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
JAGER ARMS
« on: March 18, 2007, 02:52:00 PM »
Picked up a colt clone yesterday at the gun show, C/H hardened reciever,  , brass frame trigger gaurd,  blued 7.5 in barel,  looks like a uberti made , shot it today shoot well, all it says on the barrel is
JAGER ARMS MOD DAKOTA ITALY and on the side of the barrel it says 357 magnum claiber
any one have any ideas on it, good shootin tight gun, gave 300 for it out the door?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Re: JAGER ARMS
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 04:44:40 PM »
I found two Jager revolvers on an Italian sight.
Super Dakota 1873 S.A.A 44 Magnum and Frontier 5" in 9 flobert. The following picture is of the second pistol.

Also found the following: "...single action Jager Dakota revolver once owned by cowboy legend Gene Autrey and featuring his name engraved on a brass plate..."
http://www.news-antique.com/?id=781865

I can't find Jager Arms in either of my gun value books. I'm thinking it is a German company.
I hope this helps some.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline skunkhouse

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 06:10:01 PM »
that looks like mine cept mines 7.5 barrel, its got italy on the barrel so doubt its german?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:50:54 AM »

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 06:50:52 PM »
This website might help answer the question of the maker of your Jager gun.  The company also seems to be linked to Armi Sport imported by Navy Arms.   This might help to explain why it has Italy on the gun.   Perhaps the gun was manufactured in Germany then sent to Italy to be imported by Navy Arms.  The addtional markings on the gun will tell you where it was originally manufactured.   As to the quality of the gun perhaps someone else has that information for you.  Safe shooting.  Deadeye.

http://www.earmi.it/armi/database/brand_i.htm

Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline skunkhouse

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 08:15:44 PM »
well i found on on gunbroker, it says brand new 44-40 hhmm????

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 10:14:49 PM »
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Long Johns Wolf

• Top Active Citizen
  • "Centaures will make you become addicted"
    • Belgian Colt, aka Centaure, aka Centennial Army, aka "1960 NEW MODEL ARMY"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 02:52:46 AM »
From what I found out Armi Jäger single actions were available from the 60s through the 80s. They seem to have desappeared and the guns are no longer manufactured. Theses SA's were used in many of the Spaghetti Westerns. Were available in almost all calibers from 4 mm (!) to .45 Colt incl. .44 magnum. There is a connection to the well-known Swiss gun maker Hammerli (SIG) but I assume the latter were involved in finishing and applying the lawyers safety only.
Armi Jäger SA's could be had initially with brass trigger guards/back straps only. Later steel ones were added to the line. They also did SA's with extra long grips, like Army grips, for their .44 magnums. You may find occasionally engraved exhibition models. The Armi Jäger SA's are famous for their forged frames/cylinders/barrels. When our specialized German gun smiths build a CAS competion pistol from scratch they like to build it around an Army Jäger frame because of that afore mentioned steel quality.
Bootsie
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

Offline skunkhouse

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 05:47:41 AM »
thanks guys , seems i didnt get hammered to bad on it i thought it looked to be a well built  shooter,. thanks slime for the ownwers manual no i hadnt seen it, may go for it afterthe aution ask if hed do a little less , 15.oo bucks for the manual seems a tad steep?

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 09:40:15 AM »
I don't like paying for owner's manuals.

I just found this on Dixie Gun Works. According to this, ya got a good deal.

Slim

Offline skunkhouse

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 04:47:26 PM »
that be it slim yu got it right :o :o :o :o

Offline mtmarfield

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1637
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 08:54:47 PM »
   Greetings!

Back in the 80's, I picked up an Armi Jager SAA 4-3/4", .32-20. The dimensions & proportions are a tad off, but mine shoots great with all manner of handloads. I don't imagine that they're in high demand compared to the nicer clones, but they shoot. If you see one for a fair price, consider it a shooter.
   Skunkhouse, I think you did alright! Enjoy!

Be Well!

M.T.Marfield:.
              4-23-07

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com