Author Topic: A Mystery Any Ideas  (Read 15951 times)

Offline Singing Bear

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A Mystery Any Ideas
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2007, 12:28:20 AM »
Love them pomegranites.  Watch who you eat them with, you may have to stay :o
???  Okay, dis island boy don't know this one.  Is it something like having to kiss under mistletoe?

My wife loves the stuff, btw.   ;D

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 99
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2007, 06:49:31 AM »
Greek mythology, Persophone, the daughter of Demeter, goddess of the harvest, was abducted by Hades, god of the underworld and brother to Zeus, the supreme god.  Seems Hades had an idea of needing a wife.  Demeter was despondent and searched high and low for her daughter, finally it was discovered she was in the underworld.  Zeus decreed HAdes would release her, provided she had not had food or drink while she was there (ancients had stong mojo about hospitality and such).  It was discovered she had eaten 6 pomegranite seeds.  Zeus decided she would spend six months with now husband HAdes and 6 months with Demeter, her mother.  Demete, in her daughters abscence was despondent and nothing would grow during that time, explaining winter. 

Offline Singing Bear

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 09:13:19 PM »
Ah, thanks Mo. :)  Wife's been with me way longer than 6 months.  :D

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 07:33:38 AM »

Offline The Elderly Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2007, 10:16:25 PM »
The pomegranate appears in the Bible and that may have been part of its appeal. There's a passage about some matriarch (Sarah?) eating as many pomegranate seeds as she would have sons. I'm too lazy too look it up and not quite sober. Maybe some of you energetic, sober people could look it up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com