Author Topic: URGENT HELP NEEDED - Steel Targets  (Read 2888 times)

Offline Tame Bill

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tame Bill
  • SASS #: 30699
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
URGENT HELP NEEDED - Steel Targets
« on: March 06, 2007, 08:18:28 PM »
I just received a formal request from our host club’s new Chairman of the Board of Directors to provide an in depth presentation on steel target as used by SASS affiliated clubs.

Okay, I need your help as the command performance (so to speak) is this coming Monday. Can anyone provide me with source material documenting the safety aspects of CAS steel targets? We do not have a splash back problem and we do an excellent job of maintenance and replacing target facings when dimpled.
I never, in my life, took any mean advantage of an enemy, but I never allowed a man to get the drop on me either.
http://www.tamebill.com/

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED - Steel Targets
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 03:31:28 PM »
There is an article written called "Buzzing Bees or Mushrooms" or something like that.  It describes the aspects & pitfalls of CAS steel targets.  That is the best piece of target lit I've seen.  I recollect it was Sundown Jones who wrote it.
Calamity Jane (the Canadian one)    ::)   has a good synopsis(?) on the targets & stands with recommendations.  It is good material she put together.  It is on her website.

If you can't get it searched, email me & I'll can attach one or both to the reply.

Mustang Gregg
(target designer)
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Tame Bill

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tame Bill
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 05:37:13 PM »
Mustang Gregg,

Thank you sir!  You don't happen to have the web addresses to the sites you mention?

TB
I never, in my life, took any mean advantage of an enemy, but I never allowed a man to get the drop on me either.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:41:17 PM »

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 07:51:16 PM »
Tame Bill:

I'll look.
But I found one just on Google.

EDIT++++
Okay-
One is on www.cowboybullets.com/documents/bees.
The other is on www.geocities.com/dianebest/index.
There is yet another one that actually depicts (line drawings) of directional splatter with targets & stands (secondary spaltter) at various angles.
And come to think of it, there is a video on the web of bullet splatter with different calibers, bullets, targets.  It is way-cool & uses high speed film slowed down.  You'll have to search that'un!  I don't recollect the website no more.   ::)
You might try askin' the SASS Wire too.

If they don't work---I'll give them a try.

MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Tame Bill

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tame Bill
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 09:41:53 PM »
Mustang Gregg:

Again many thanks!

TB

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com