Author Topic: 1858 Remington pics, part 1  (Read 3734 times)

Stacey Lee

1858 Remington pics, part 1
« on: February 10, 2007, 11:50:19 AM »
This is the 5-1/2" barrelled Pietta from Cabelas, with R & D .45 Colt Cylinder installed.
Grips have my inlays of Remington Peters .45 Colt bottom shell casing with live primer of course !!
Grips have 14 coats hand rubbed Pro Custom Oil from Brownells , buffed out with Stock Rubbing compound from harsh to 5 " F " grits.
Have yet to polish the blueing, but will soon. I use Nuvite Aeronautical metal polish for that to get out the rusting in the blueing process it leaves behind by the factory gun makers.
All in all for around $510 without shipping, this is a nice gun now that it has seen some attention to the innards from polishing and the grip work. I holster this in Oklahoma leather crossdraw style double loop with three Silver Arrowhead conchos on the holster. Will post some pics if anyone wants to see it?

The Case-Hardened version from Cabelas is the other one, nice pistola !!! Looks very nice with the R&D conversion cylinder, Jewelled Engraved Hardened Steel, I love it !!!
This one is not getting touched, jsut smoothed internally and blueing polished sometime soon.
This pistol rests in another Oklahoma double loop holster with same concho theme and on the same 40 cartridge belt the gunfighter rests in. Nice pair of pistols for sure.
Another gun done good from Cabelas and R&D ....

Cheers, Stacey Lee , Southern Bell gun freak extreme !

Offline Michael 'Deadwood' Clemons

• Very Active Citizen
    • The Shootist Board
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 1858 Remington pics, part 1
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 01:31:16 PM »
Miz Stacy, id love to see ya riggin's.
THanks ma'm,
The Preacher
'AND I LOOKED, AND BEHOLD A PALE HORSE: AND HIS NAME THAT SAT ON HIM WAS DEATH, AND HELL FOLLOWED WITH HIM.'
REVELATIONS 6:8

SASS# 74755

THE SHOOTIST BOARD  http://b5.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?user=angelsandbadmen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com