Author Topic: Light hammer falls with Shiloh Sharps  (Read 2211 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Light hammer falls with Shiloh Sharps
« on: March 06, 2012, 06:55:33 PM »
A while back I had a couple of Farmingdale locks upgraded to the current standard. Earlier I had swapped out the original one piece firing pin blocks for the new small two piece firing pin type.
This resulted in several light hammer falls with my faithful 50-70 Military Rifle, unheard of with the old large pin blocks.

I stripped both blocks and noticed an area of friction on one pin (the part the hammer hits) so I swapped parts. Today at the range I put 15 rds through the Military Rifle without a hitch. But - I didn't bring the other rifle (a Business Rifle in 45-70), so I don't know if the problem simply got passed on. Another day .....

I did however, have my new Shiloh 50-70 carbine along. As usual, it was a delight. My load was 28/5744 and a 375 gr bullet. Both the carbine and the MR put 5 rds into sub-2" groups with this load, off hand at 50 yds. They do this with the Lyman 515141 as well.

A pal was there with his Uberti High Wall in 45-120, shooting 110 grs FFG and 550 gr bullets. He gave me the gears about my wimp 50-70, so I challenged him to match my target at 50 yds.

I won't embarrass him by telling the result, but ...... ;>)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com