Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 03:24:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  NCOWS (Moderators: Will Ketchum, St. George)  |  Topic: USFA Pistol for NCOWS members 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: USFA Pistol for NCOWS members  (Read 74648 times)
Rowdy Fulcher
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« on: December 17, 2006, 07:33:40 pm »

How would you like to have a USFA made and  your NCOWS number be your serial number .
We also need to figure out what all we need on the pistol . What do you think ? Black Powder Frame ? What type of grip ? calibers and barrel length should be memberd choice . Now I will be compiling   info. maybe we can have a sample to look at , at the Nationals .
Major Matt Lewis
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 07:44:18 pm »

I would bite on either the Cavalry Model or the Custer Battlefield Model that way.  Historically speaking, there were more 7.5 inch bbl models than anything else back in the day.

Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge
Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 09:03:36 pm »

There will be some additional information on this in the Nov/Dec. issue of The Shootist. Folks who are interested or have suggestions for the revolver's makeup are encouraged to contact Rowdy, Trap or myself.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal, Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

marshal@ncows.org
Rowdy Fulcher
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 06:25:40 pm »

Grin
The USFA for NCOWS members . This pistol should be as if you walked in a general store in 1879 and
picked it out . Now as far as calibers , and barrel length that should be up to the Shooter . This would be an Excellent chance for NCOWS  . Who knows we might even have one for display at  the Nationals . Wonder what the serial # will be ? NC2302
Sir Charles deMouton-Black
THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 11:44:06 pm »

How about a .45 "Army", and a .38Wcf ( or .44Wcf, if that's too far out!) "Frontier".  7.5" for both!

NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”
Fox Creek Kid
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 10:10:44 pm »

How 'bout the new 1875 Remington that USFA is rumored to be introducing at the 2007 Shot Show.  Wink

NCOWS #1920
docgoodluck
NCOWS
Active citizen

NCOWS 2804-SASS 66739 CRAB ORCHARD COWBOY

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 10:43:09 am »

SAW ONE OF THESE SATURDAY BLACK POWDER COLOR CASE FRAME 7.5 BBL. "73" LOOKS REALLY GOOD!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

KEEPING THE OLD WEST ALIVE IN MODERN TIMES
Rowdy Fulcher
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 11:20:57 pm »

Howdy Friends .
Just thought I would give you an up date on the pistol . So far everyone wants a 7.5 barrel with a black powder frame and the bulls eye ejector rod . we have people wanting 45lc and 44wcf and 38wcf these are my favorite calibers. Is there any 32-20 fans ? I talked to USFA this week and they
are wanting to know exactly what we want . we are looking at the Premium gun which will carry your ncows # and each pistol will have a letter of Authenticity . That way it will your heirloom to pass on down the line .
Chili Wolf
NCOWS
Citizen

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 05:09:53 pm »

How 'bout the new 1875 Remington that USFA is rumored to be introducing at the 2007 Shot Show.  Wink

oooooooooooooooooooh! 1875 Remmi .44-40 (with "no" cross pin of course) from USFA factory.......YeeeHaaah!

Sweet!

_cw

Born in 1850 with a bent frame and two bad gun hands.
SCORRS/S.U.D.D.S.
French Jack
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 10:22:21 am »

I've talked to USFA and told them that I want one.  Black powder frame, 7 1/2" barrel, in .44 Special.  To be delivered in the white as I plan to have it engraved and fossil ivory grips fit, then sent to Doug Turnbull for case hardening and finishing.  I am drooling already.  Won't have it by the Convention, but hope to have it by the National Shoot.

French Jack
docgoodluck
NCOWS
Active citizen

NCOWS 2804-SASS 66739 CRAB ORCHARD COWBOY

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 09:20:27 pm »

ROWDY HAS THE DEAL DONE AND THE BASE PRICE SET. HE SHOULD POST IT SOON----(PUTTER PROBLEMS). I THINK EVERYONE WILL LIKE THE DEAL.

DOC GOODLUCK

KEEPING THE OLD WEST ALIVE IN MODERN TIMES
Rowdy Fulcher
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 05:49:27 pm »

Yes the deal is done ,  and USFA  is ready to start building NCOWS pistols .The cost is $925 plus shipping and dealer transfer fee .  WE will order Direct from USFA because this would be a special order item  . Because of the serial number so call 877-227=6901 and ask for Gary Granger .
We are getting the Premium Gun which comes with color case harding and a Dome Blued with the black powder frame custom serial number and a letter of Authenticity .
French Jack
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 07:55:46 pm »

Hooray!  Got mine ordered.  Now just have to wait------ Hummmmmm.......  Sad

French Jack
Rowdy Fulcher
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 05:15:54 pm »

Got my NCOWS USFA ordered and I even got the one piece Tru Ivory this will be a real looker and I bet it will shoot as good as it looks .
Fox Creek Kid
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 10:22:59 pm »

Now that USFA & Remington have a "deal" I wonder if a person can get a new 1875 NCOWS Remington?  Smiley

NCOWS #1920
French Jack
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 05:24:15 am »

Well, my NCOWS pistol is ready to go to Jim Downing, for engraving.  I can't wait!---  I hope to have it in hand in time for the National Shoot.  A couple of other members have gotten theirs-- they are certainly pleased.  Better check these out, I am sure the price will increase dowon the road.

French Jack
Ottawa Creek Bill
Vietnam Vet 1966,67 First place, Southeast Asia Rifle Team, "66/67"
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

OCB, A Newer, More Gentler NCOWS Member...........

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 09:37:48 am »

I'm gonna call them today and see if I can get the one I want...cavalry model left in the white.

Bill

Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Deadeye Don
SASS # 76281
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

DeadeyeDon

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 09:58:49 am »

Of course you all know that we will be wanting to see pictures of your beauties as soon as you get them!!  Safe shooting.  Deadeye.

Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company
French Jack
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 05:21:59 pm »

The UPS driver came by and left me a beautiful one piece ivory grips for my USFA, made by Jim Alaimo at Nutmeg Sports, and hand fit to my pistol.  They are a knockout!  Got me slobbering now, waiting for the rest of the gun to get back from Jim Downing.   Whooooooeeee!!!!

French Jack
Rowdy Fulcher
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 07:54:11 pm »

Hey Cowboys
I got an E mail from Jim Mullins and there guns are done and the pictures were great . I can't wait to get mine . I talked to Gary from USFA and my pistol is about a week from being done ? Also he informed me that the price of the NCOWS gun will be increasing in 90 days . This will be an increase on all there guns not just ours . So if your interested you better call 877-227-6901
Deadeye Don
SASS # 76281
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

DeadeyeDon

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2007, 06:30:57 am »

Hey Cowboys
I got an E mail from Jim Mullins and there guns are done and the pictures were great . I can't wait to get mine . I talked to Gary from USFA and my pistol is about a week from being done ? Also he informed me that the price of the NCOWS gun will be increasing in 90 days . This will be an increase on all there guns not just ours . So if your interested you better call 877-227-6901

What?   Another USFA price increase in 90 days.  They just increased prices withing the past month or so.  They better be careful they dont price themselves out of the CAS market completely.   Safe shooting.  Deadeye.

Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company
Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2007, 11:25:21 am »

I, too, was very disappointed to hear the news of this newest price increase from USFA.

Sadly, at this rate, it may become necessary to take another look at our arrangement with them if this latest increase is enacted.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal, Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

marshal@ncows.org
French Jack
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2007, 05:05:20 pm »

Just talked to Jim Downing today, and finalized the style and coverage for the engraving.  He is very impressed with the quality and fit of the gun.  Anyway, should be engraved in two weeks, then will be finished as it is now in the "white".  I am glad to say that it looks as if it will be in in time for the Nationals!  Hoooray! Yippeeeee!

Just a mention as to price increase--- the price that it has been offered to us for also includes taxes--  Federal Excise Tax to be exact-- also shipping---  sooooo the actual cost for the gun is very reasonable.

I also heard from USFA that only 5 guns had been ordered, and all were by members here in Kentucky.  Maybe we need to get the word out in "The Shootist"..... the majority of our members don't hang out here on the forum.

French Jack
Tubac
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2007, 07:58:43 pm »

French Jack.

May i be rude and ask what Ivory grips fitted to a gun cost? I've been thinkin' of having a Colt 1851 done.
Also Contact info would be appreciated.

Tubac

from the Confederate Territory of Arizona
French Jack
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2007, 03:45:04 am »

Tubac--  the price varies, depending on who does the work, and what they have on hand for material.  Going rates for real ivory are in the $400 - $600 range.  Fake Ivory (plastic) such as Tru-Ivory, around $250.  The cheap polymers are in the $50 - $100 range.  I chose to go with the real deal-- couldn't see paying up to $250 for fake ivory when the real deal is not a lot more. 

USFA lists optional grips on their website, you can order from them, Nutmeg Sports I can highly recommend, I believe Elen Hunting has some, You can try and google on Ivory Grips.

French Jack
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  NCOWS (Moderators: Will Ketchum, St. George)  |  Topic: USFA Pistol for NCOWS members « previous next »
Jump to: