Author Topic: USFA Pistol for NCOWS members  (Read 143880 times)

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: USFA Pistol for NCOWS members
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2007, 07:40:19 AM »
Ok for those of us that do not know,  how is the NCOWS USFA revolver different from the Premium single action that USFA sells.  Well, besides the NCOWS number on the gun that is.  Safe shooting.  Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2007, 06:50:27 PM »
I got to tell you my USFA NCOWS revolver is fine. The action is smooth right out of the box. Haven't put it on paper, but shot it at Crab Orchards last match and the T-rex at the National shoot(finished 2nd in that event). Seems to shoot close to center. So glad Rowdy talked me into getting the Ivory grips. My revolver is a 7 1/2 in the cross bolt frame and 45 colt. Liked the black powder frame, but my old eyes can't find that sight anymore, need the bigger one. One of these days you all will know what I am talking about. Plan to leave it to one of my grandsons. Will put one of my NCOWS cards and a picture of me with the gun and dressed proper in the gunbox and a box of 45's. Also plan to get the letter from USFA. Sure was a great ideal Rowdy, love my NCOWS number for the serial number. It's a might fine weapon and I am proud to own it. Texas Jack
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2007, 09:08:41 PM »
Ok for those of us that do not know,  how is the NCOWS USFA revolver different from the Premium single action that USFA sells.  Well, besides the NCOWS number on the gun that is.  Safe shooting.  Deadeye.
Dear Deadeye
The USFA NCOWS gun is the Premium gun and yes the Ncows number is part of it . If you order a gun with a special serial number it will cost you $100 .If you order it with the black powder frame that 
is extra ??? Also if you order it with TRU IVORY grips they only charge $200 instead of $250 . I have tried to get NCOWS a packaged deal . These are truly fine guns and it's the finest pistol I have ever owned , and yes I have shot it . It worked well in the T Rex . If you call USFA it will cost $925 that is with hard rubber  grips .  Hope I have answered your Question .

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 02:49:07 PM »

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2007, 05:06:10 PM »
Ok so it sounds like there is really no substantial difference between the NCOWS version and the Premium SAA from USFA except for the NCOWS number.  Thanks.

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2007, 04:25:21 PM »
Deadeye, you are right. It is the same revolver. The only difference is the price. If you have USFA put a special serial number on a revolver they charge $100. There is no charge for this on your NCOWS revolver. Also the gun is built for you on a special order, the barrel size, caliber, grips, and type frame. It is then mailed to your FFL gun dealer. I am glad I have one. plan to leave it to one of my grandsons(don't know which one yet). USFA is one of the best single action revolvers being made at this time(my thought). Texas Jack
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2007, 09:59:26 PM »
NCOWS USFA Review .
The review will be sent to Lone Gunman on monday . The review has been  lots of fun.

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2007, 06:29:32 PM »
I got my Ainsworth from USFA last week.  It was absolutely beautiful.  I have not shot it yet as a broken ankle is keeping me from the range.
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2007, 10:45:10 PM »
Major
I can't believe you would let a broken ankle keep you away from the range . Good luck with your new pistol USFA make the finest single actions on the market . There not cheap just the BEST .

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2007, 06:51:16 AM »
I got my Ainsworth from USFA last week.  It was absolutely beautiful.  I have not shot it yet as a broken ankle is keeping me from the range.

You will love shooting it.  Plus talk about style points  ( I know there are none in NCOWS).  !! 

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2007, 02:09:18 AM »
MM,

Hope that your ankle mends quickly!!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2007, 07:18:18 PM »
Thanks Dr. Bob.  There is a world of difference when I am wearing the boot and when I am not....
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2007, 03:23:41 PM »
Major Matt
Hope your all healed up now .    Did you ever get a chance to shoot your new pistol . I shot my NCOWS  pistol at Westside last shoot of the Year. I had a clean match and   was real proud of my pistol .  it shoots real Sweet .

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2007, 12:50:08 PM »
Howdy
I sure hope Santa read my letter and brings my other NCOWS pistol for Christmas . That is my favorite pistol and it's even made by American's . Merry Christmas everyone

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2007, 07:21:56 PM »
Howdy!

I have about the same chance of getting one of these as a snowball has in hell, but how long is the offer open to NCOWS members from USFA?

(Please excuse me if this has already been answered, but I've not read ALL the posts recently to brush up my memory on this.)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2007, 08:07:52 AM »
Jeff,

I am not positive, but there really should not be a time factor here as the only difference in the NCOWS model and the Premium SAA is that your NCOWS number is put on the gun.  It is still a small custom job no matter what and I would guess USFA could do that anytime.   Now the price may eventually go up as prices increase and only Gary Granger would be able to speak to that.

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2007, 04:02:40 PM »
(Please excuse me if this has already been answered, but I've not read ALL the posts recently to brush up my memory on this.)

Suuuuuure, Bailey!!! Let us do the search for you while you watch Oprah & eat some doughnuts!!  :D ;D ;)

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2007, 04:48:46 PM »
Suuuuuure, Bailey!!! Let us do the search for you while you watch Oprah & eat some doughnuts!!  :D ;D ;)

Thank you very glad.  ;)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2007, 06:23:44 PM »
SHB
When I sat this up with USFA we didn't put a time limit because we knew that NCOWS would last forever .  At this time they Probably
don't have time for Santa but you would be ready for the Nationals . If you order one you won't be sorry . Sorry Deadeye I disagree there is more to the pistol than just a serial # it's the first time any gun manufacture has even talked to NCOWS . Now if I'm wrong let me know .

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2007, 08:05:04 PM »
Thanks, y'all.  Nice work, Rowdy!

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2007, 07:42:45 AM »
SHB
When I sat this up with USFA we didn't put a time limit because we knew that NCOWS would last forever .  At this time they Probably
don't have time for Santa but you would be ready for the Nationals . If you order one you won't be sorry . Sorry Deadeye I disagree there is more to the pistol than just a serial # it's the first time any gun manufacture has even talked to NCOWS . Now if I'm wrong let me know .

Dont get me wrong I think it is great USFA agreed to do this for NCOWS members, but from a strictly side by side gun comparison I am not sure if there is really any difference between the Premium SAA you can buy off the shelf vs.  the NCOWS SAA except for the serial number.  This is as much a question as a statement.  So if anyone would like to provide some more concrete information I would love to be enlightened.  Regards.  Deadeye.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com