CAS TOPICS > NCOWS

The REAL Gun That Won the West!!

<< < (5/5)

Frog69:
Correct me if IM wrong on this 5 or 6 shot thing ( did not find any thing in the bylaws on any revolver having to be a 6 shot type) but , I have used a 5 shot revolver as a main match gun as long as the hammer can be at rest in-between two chambers essentially the same as being on an empty chamber... just thought i would ask..

Books OToole:
Frog;

We had an "Pistoleer" shooter at the Nationals that opeated his Patterson that way.  The person at the load table just confirmed that the hammer was between charges for each stage.  No problem, no safety issues.

Books

Captain John Jarrett:
Books,

First and foremost, you are correct in your remembrances, it is I who let you fire my Russian at the past years National. I do applogize for the long delay in returning a reply.

I have given your offer long and careful consideration and have concluded that in the end I can not part with my Russian. I have no doubt you would give me a most generous offer for the piece, and that some would also argue that acquiring the real deal, i.e the Webley M& P, in exchange for a reproduction would be a no brainer. But for some reason the Russian pulls at me and in the end I can not let it go.

I do thank you for the offer and IF I EVER do decide to sell, will contact you first.

Regards, John.

Advertising:

Books OToole:
Capt'n;

Thanks for the consideration.  I thought I wanted a S &W Russian.  After firing yours, I knew I wanted one.

Since then I have picked up an original S&W DA .44 (in .44 Russian).  It is sweet, but I still would like to acquire a "Russian."

Thanks again;
Books

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version