Author Topic: MASONIC SHOOTERS , Hiram's Rangers  (Read 105160 times)

Offline Waldo Bodfish

• Active citizen
  • Lead Farmer
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: MASONIC SHOOTERS , Hiram's Rangers
« Reply #180 on: June 13, 2011, 09:42:36 AM »
Anybody heard from Trap? I gave him my info about a month ago and never heard anything back.  ???
SASS # 91995
R.A.T.S. # 610

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #181 on: June 13, 2011, 09:45:43 AM »
Trap's computer died.  It's at the repair shop.
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2011, 11:39:19 PM »
Any idea when the list will be updated?  I'd like to know whether I'm officially #105 so I can call Star Packer.

;)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Advertising

« Reply #183 on: Today at 10:33:39 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: June 21, 2011, 09:01:08 AM »
SHB, Trap has had computer problems as of late. I would assume that the list will be updated when the computer woes are corrected.  L J
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: June 21, 2011, 10:57:52 AM »
I was understanding at the H.R. initiation that his confuser pproblems were past us.  He said the list should be up by the following Wednesday.  That was a week ago.

I'm not bitchin' ... I'm just proud and anxious.

And I want to be SURE I got #105 before I call Star Packer!

;)

(Since I didn't have enough Masonic seniority to get 99, 100, or 101, I picked 105 ... as in 105 mm Main Gun, #68 (IIRC) the size of the gun on the M1 Abrams tank when they first appeared.  Now the M1A1s & A2s (like I took to Iraq) have 120 mm guns.  But that number was too far in the future.

;D

IF you're interested, here's a brief rundown on the 105 mm and a short film about the newer 120 mm guns.

http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product3638.html
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline BangClang

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: June 21, 2011, 04:03:30 PM »
I think if you check the website...it is updated.  ;D

Dave
L.M. Cox Lodge # 327
Hiram's Ranger # 102
Current - Manufacturing Integration / Welding Instructor
Former - Explosive Ordnance Disposal / Diver / Sniper
AKA - David Cornelius

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: June 21, 2011, 04:20:49 PM »
   List should be updated shortly. As said I have had a dead computer for some time, Now fixed ! If you sent me request to join HR and I did not respond   Please resend info.  jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: June 21, 2011, 04:42:59 PM »
SHB, You missed it by one, You are #104.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: June 21, 2011, 05:53:26 PM »
Well, Rats.  Trap was going to nskip 104 - IF possible - so I could have #105.  I guess it was too confusing to have one out of sequence.

The IMPORTANT part ISN'T the number.  I'm proud and grateful to have been accepted

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: June 21, 2011, 06:38:20 PM »
  Jeff, Check again later.
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2011, 08:56:44 PM »
  Jeff, Check again later.

Thanks, Pard!

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2012, 07:28:08 AM »

If you are a western action shooter, and will be near Louisville Ky the 16-18 of Mar, Hiram's Rangers will be Inducting new recruits. You will need to be attired in 19th Century clothing and be able to prove you are a member of the brotherhood.

All this will take place at the NCOWS National Conxention. Go to the NCOWS board here on CC for all the details on the convention. You do not have to be a memberof NCOWS to attend.
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: February 19, 2012, 10:17:43 AM »
Bro. Trap, I hope we have a good turnout of members at the Convention and inducting new members.

Offline clehfeldt

• Carlos El Hombre
  • Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2012, 11:04:17 PM »
Trap,
We are going through consolidation with another lodge but once things settle out there will be at least one new ranger I will be in touch.
Carlos
Carlos El Hombre

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: February 10, 2014, 11:31:40 AM »
Howdy, Brothers!

This isn't specifically a Hiram's Rangers post, but I'm so proud and I need a place to share my news with my friends and Brother Masons.

I had the honor & joy of raising my Son into our Masonic Brotherhood this past Saturday!  (8 Feb.2014)  After talking and making the decisions that go with it, my Son asked me to recommend him into the life of a Free & Accepted Mason.    After all the memory work of both EA and FC, he went through the final steps and now is a Master Mason.  I was able to raise him myself.  Since I'm still relatively new at this, I didn't realize that I COULD actually be a part of the ceremony, but my friend, Dave "Jed Cooper" Hollandsworth, or (now former) PM of Wayne Guthrie Lodge #753 called me Friday evening to ask if I wanted to be more than just a spectator, so after explaining that I certainly could do the deed, I happily said "Yes!"

My Son, Gareth is a shooter, but not a CAS shooter so I beg your indulgence and let me announce how proud I am of this honor and share my joy with the rest of you, my Brothers!  As he gets older has gotten more of an interest in history and so perhaps some day he will become an NCOWS member himself and will be able to become a Hiram's Ranger himself.  Right now, his historical interests lie more in keeping with his Scottish heritage (my Wife is from Glasgow, Scotland) but perhaps he will get more into the history of MY country, the good ol' U.S . of A, and then learn of the Olde West era like his old Dad.  (Who seems & feels old enough to have BEEN part of the Olde West, sometimes!  ;) )

Thanks, Brothers - and I hope to see you all at the NCOWS Convention or at least at the 2014 NCOWS National Shoot. 

Respectfully,

Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey"
Hiram's Rangers #105

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: February 10, 2014, 02:48:25 PM »
Congratulations Jeff and to your son Gareth.  I have wanted my sons to become Masons but so far they haven't really expressed an interest.

Pete
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: March 08, 2014, 01:12:08 PM »
Thanks, Pete!

I hope they join.  It took me over 20 years from the time I first got interested to when I actually joined, so there is still a good possibility for them to join.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com