Author Topic: What do you do on a WET DAY  (Read 14171 times)

Offline Dakota Dan from OZ

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What do you do on a WET DAY
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 04:05:59 PM »
Looks like we got mo' rain on tha way tomorrow...  ::)

Hope it stops for the weekend for you, so you can go out and use some of that ammo you have reloaded ;D

Dakota
My Pa once said "Son never take a knife to Gun Fight"  He told the truth.
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
SASA State Discipline Chairman
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Offline minerotago

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 04:20:42 AM »
At my city home if its wet then I will be on this here computer, maybe on this site, maybe looking at antique gun sites, maybe reading and maybe playine with my guns.

If its wet up at my farm I will sit in the sunroom shooting .22s out of the window or up stairs shooting heavy cal gunsout the windows. You can get ranges up over 1300 yards form the house so its possible to fire anything that might reach that far. I have a big armour plate propped up against a rock outcrop at 1300 yards but unlike Quigley I have trouble hitting it!

Offline Dakota Dan from OZ

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 05:15:06 PM »

Well Minerotago.

Third day of June and it raining again,looks like being a wet June  ::)

Dakota  8)

My Pa once said "Son never take a knife to Gun Fight"  He told the truth.
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
SASA State Discipline Chairman
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 02:15:43 AM »

Offline fourfingersofdeath

• The Old Loquacious one's loquacious signature:
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dang! Caught shooting a 357!
    • Mick's photobucket!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 05:39:26 PM »
I'm laid up with a bad toe (knee ain't real bright either), so it looks like a few cowboy DVDs for me. That range of yours sounds just the ticket Dan. Mick.
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

Offline Goatlips

• Top Active Citizen
    • Goatlips' BlackPowder Tips
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2008, 10:22:26 PM »
I'd rather be able to shoot out of my window than have indoor plumbing... my wife disagrees.  We count our blessings pretty often these days.   ;D

Rain is a pretty good excuse to not have to do something.  Those before us had to do it anyway.  Some still do.

Goatlips
Wolverine Rangers/Lake County Pistoleros
Visit my Blackpowder site:
http://goatlipstips.cas-town.com/index.html

http://goatlips.hrillc.com/goatlipstips.cas-town.com/index.html

width=200 height=30]http://www.cascity.com/layoutimages/mycascityprofile.gif[/img][/url]

Offline minerotago

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 10:47:01 PM »
Well Dakota its raining right now so I am more ort less in fantasy land - a good place to be I think, especially on  a wet day!

Right in fornt of me I have two Adams cap and balls, a Tranter cap and ball (two of them are big .50 calibres)  a Coopers civil war revolver and a Navy Colt plus my Spencer and I am perving at them - sort of like 'normal' people perve at naughty pictures I expect.

The weathers getting cold and its trying to snow outside, the woods in for the night and I have my guns to play with. Just been out in the shed laoding BP into .44 WCF shells to blast out of my Whitney Kennedy. Ive decided that next time I am up at my farm I will try to get a pig with the Kennedy and BP loads - much better than trying to salivate them with an SKS!

Offline fourfingersofdeath

• The Old Loquacious one's loquacious signature:
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dang! Caught shooting a 357!
    • Mick's photobucket!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 07:23:57 PM »
Well it was raining cats and dogs down here and my 4wd was in the workshop and i had tickets for an Arlo Guthrie concert in Katoomba, 60 miles away. No other choice but to ride the bike. Boy it really poured down, but I suppose there had to be at least one motorcycle turn up for the guy who wrote and sung the motorcycle song. A brilliant night, even if I had a few damp spots.
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

Offline minerotago

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2008, 07:43:32 PM »
I just remembered being boredoutof my tree when sitting in the thunderbox up at my farm one rainy day and blasting tins cans out of the door - not a good idea really as the blast is sort of restricted and shatters the eardrums.
Sometimes on wet or snow days we sit in the attic in the house glassing the hills to see if we can see something to blast at - maybe the odd deer and a fair few wild pigs, sometimes a hare nearby. If the snow obscures the hill then we blast at steel discs near the house, tin cans, various other targets.

Abnout to depart for a couple of days duck hunting and its supposed to snow later today and tomorrow and I will miss it bother. Real calm now and really warm - foreboding weather.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com