Author Topic: SPARTAN SPR 210 AUTO EJECTORS  (Read 5144 times)

Offline Austin Justice SASS #68709

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
SPARTAN SPR 210 AUTO EJECTORS
« on: August 19, 2006, 05:03:51 PM »
Howdy,
New to CAS and I'm puttin all the iron together for the first macth.
I picked up a new Spartan SPR 210 SxS made by Baikal of Russia.
This model has the auto eject feature and I know I can not have them working in SASS.

Has anyone disabled this feature yet? I took the Forend off and it looks like the cocking levers are pushed down by the same part that activates the ejectors...

I know some of the other Spartan/Baikal SxS do not have auto ejectors and need to change these out.

Thanks
Austin Justice, SASS 68709
NRA Life/ Endowment Member, NRA Handgun Instructor, SASS 68709, RATS #450

Offline Marauder

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Marauder's Old West Page
  • Liked:
Re: SPARTAN SPR 210 AUTO EJECTORS
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 11:17:02 AM »
All I know is what the big boys tell me on this one.  Here's what I've heard:

Baikal ejectors

If it is a single trigger model (I don't know if the double trigger models are the same):

Single trigger Baikals come with ejectors.

It is very easy to change them from ejector to extractor.

Make sure gun is unloaded.
Remove the forend.
Remove the screws that hold the metal attachments (hanger) to the forend.
You will find a flat spring attached to the metal hanger that pushes on two levers. This spring is what powers the ejectors. The ejectors are the two levers.
Remove the screw holding the spring. Remove the spring and replace screw.

You also need to remove the two levers (the ejectors).
The two levers are held in by a pin. Carefully use a small punch and remove the pin.
The levers can now be removed.
Replace the pin.
Put the hanger assembly back on to the forend.

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 10:48:06 PM »
I have officially become a Marauder Fan Club Member this evening! 
This fix was perfect. Thanks for helping make this Spartan SPR 210 legal for SASS. 
I have also installed a set of Papa Dave's cocking levers and it now stays open for reloads and no auto eject!

Your Fan,
Austin Justice, a left handed, right wing, dyslexic
SASS 68709

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:03:13 AM »

Offline jallenaz

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 06:15:22 PM »
Just shot my new Baikal today and the empty shells come out with real force.  Anything new on disabling the ejectors? I found this post and it doesn't sound too difficult.  Maybe something new has come along since 2006 when it was posted.

Jim

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 12:07:45 PM »
No real updates I know of.  I did have mine changed over to the two trigger set up by a gun smith South of Dallas in the  Ovilla area.  Don't recall his handle at this time.

The above listed mod worked perfect.  One of my chambers was a little tight and I had the smith polish it while he had it.  Slick as butter now.

Enjoy that new shot gun they are tanks.

Offline jallenaz

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 09:14:26 PM »
I disabled the ejectors and used the gun for my first cowboy shoot. Since then I have installed Papa Daves levers so I won't have to fight with keeping it open for reloading. The fix was easy and it opened and stays open. But a strange thing happened when I took the gun out to try it out with the new levers. After shooting both barrels, when I opened it to remove the empty shells, they ejected like the ejectors were still enabled. I had shot a box of shells with it after removing the flat spring and ejector levers and not had them eject. What would cause them to eject again? I reloaded two more shells and fired them both off and on opening the gun again they ejected out about five feet behind me again. I reloaded again, in disbelief, and fired, opened the gun and this time they did not eject. I finished off the rest of the box of shells and no more ejected. How was that possible that those first four shells ejected after installing Papa Daves levers for the stay open fix? I don't want it to be ejecting shells at the next cowboy shoot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com