Author Topic: What's New?  (Read 7708 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
What's New?
« on: August 18, 2006, 01:17:20 PM »
Been awhile since we talked about a new toy.  Anyone got a new one they'd wanna brag about?

Me, myownself, bought a Glock a couple weeks ago but we don't wanna talk 'bout stuff whut ain't CAS.

What say, boys 'n girls?  What ya got yer proud of?
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • "To sing, to laugh, to dream, cock my hat, or gun"
  • Liked:
Re: What's New?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 01:58:24 PM »
Mah second OM Ruger Vaquero .45 caliber Aiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeee ;D
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242
"Never apologize Mr.; it's a sign of weakness."
Capt. Nathan Brittles {John Wayne} in "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon."

"A gun is  just a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool----- Think of it always in that way. A gun is as good--- and as bad--- as the man who carries it. Remember that."
                                                   Shane

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 03:42:43 PM »
I got anew S&W but it ain't cowboy either.  Sure is neat though.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:38:14 AM »

Offline E.R.Beaumont

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 09:57:48 PM »
Howdy Pards and Pardettes.

I've got a pair of Laramies waiting for me at Mudflat's store.  I had been lusting after a pair of those Nickel plated, Pearl handled, Schofields in .38 S&W Spl.  I thought that they would be perfect for shooting Senior Duelist next year.  Then I saw an ad for .38 spl Laramies for a fair price, so I contacted the seller and bought a pair.

The blued Laramies are not near as flashy as nickeled Schofields, but I consider the New Model #3 to be the epitome of the single action revolver. I hope that the Laramies are close enough to the origionals to give me a feel for the what the Intelegently armed Gentleman was using for self defense. I guess that my Colts are going to be my BBQ Guns for a while longer.

That is all I think I know.
Regards, Beaumont
SASS Life#21319
NRA Life, Endowment
CCRKBA Life

Offline Galloway

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 02:33:54 PM »
I broke down and bought a Kimber 1911. Shame on me. I also got a box of brass shotshells I'm exited about.

44caliberkid

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 09:27:56 PM »
Well, first is an AWA Ultimate 1873 revolver, which has proven disappointing, as per my post on the Darksiders board.  It is very attractive, well finished, but has mechanical problems and needs the barrel needs a tweak to correct the windage.   After I correct it's troubles I expect it to be an excellent arm.
   Second is a Euroarms 1858 Remington 44 NMA.  Shoots great, point of aim, tiny group.  Ugly wood though, so I got a set of Tombstone's antique ivory grips from eBay, and it looks great.  Very, very happy with this one.
   Third is a home-made cartridge conversion of a 1861 Navy.  A friend does the machining, we have the cylinder done and most of the conversion disk, working on grinding the disk to the right thickness for proper headspace.  We are using the stock C&B cylinder.  I guess I'm trying to make what might have been cobbled up by a frontier gunshop/smith.  My machinist is slow, but free, so I am very patient.

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 06:14:43 AM »
Ordered 2 USFA Inspector series guns, a Clark and a Carr, to add to my collection.  In the meantime, I also have to admit I picked up a beauty of a Kimber Ultra CDP 1911, but the new "toy" is the AR-10 I can't wait to go out and shoot.  I had to do something while I was waiting for my new USFA's to come!

Offline Sixshooter_45

• Look real interested and back away slowly!
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: What's New? Well ya had to go and ask didn't you!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 08:01:50 PM »
I bought this GSR a while back and shot it for the first time and here is the target. Not to bad, eh?

And even though I do so love this pistol and have had no problems with it I am selling it to my Brother, (Spitn Lead) for about 1/2 of what I paid for it because I bought something else.   ;D

I just recently bought this Wilson Protector and this was the test target that Wilson shot while testing this pistol.

It is absolutely Beautiful and I have not yet had a chance to shoot it yet as I'm waiting for my new rig from Black Hills Leather although mine will be all black and border stamped. I also had them make a handcuff case with a hidden snap, and a flashlight holder for my new Surefire M3-CB light. The rig also has a square buckle and the holster is metal reinforced.

Oh I almost forgot, here is my new BM156 Benchmade Knife.

I've been soooooo bad!, :o LOL
Sixshooter_45

Offline Marauder

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Marauder's Old West Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 11:04:25 AM »
After only 18 months, I got a pair of the New Vaqueros in 357 with 4 5/8 barrels - blue/color cased finish.
The new grip size works great for my smaller hands.  And for shooting traditional style, I like the new hammer profile - plus it looks a little more like a Colt.

Both cylinders were a little tight, especially one.  The one worked pretty well, but the other was hard to cock because the cylinder was so tight.  So I took off a very tiny amount off the front the cylinder - layed some 600 grit on a piece of glass and rubbed the cylinder on it a while, then finished up with emory cloth for a nice shiny finish.  Now they turn great but still have no endshake.  I measured before and after and removed almost no measureable amount - less than .001.
Then I polished the internals just a little with the emory cloth method and by hand. 

I replace the trigger springs and one hammer spring with a lighter Wolf Spring,  the other I left the stock hammer spring.  I may just keep the hammer springs stock, since the hammer isn't hard to cock and it is nice and snappy. 

But even with the stock springs, the action was quite good, but  I like to tinker with guns and try for as much improvement as I can get - which is sorta limited...  Wes Fargo and company are safe.... :D

So I think I will really like these pistols.  I will probably shoot them a bit this week end.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 06:55:45 PM »
Excuse me Mr. Arcey, don't you have one to report..................?
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 07:14:30 PM »
Just the l'il plastic thingy, Rooster.....

Do have the mag extentions on both mags now 'n Veeb give me a plastic holster as a Baby Shower present....

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 07:21:22 PM »
Just the l'il plastic thingy, Rooster.....

Do have the mag extentions on both mags now 'n Veeb give me a plastic holster as a Baby Shower present....

I see how it is needed...................... ;D ;D ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline sweettooth

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 03:43:23 AM »
Howdy Gents.
  Just changed my some of my gun inventory.
  Sold a air of R.V.s Bought a pair of Great Western IIs from Long Hunter, springs, forcing cones, ect. already done. KEEPERS
  Sold a marlin c.b.c in .45 and bought a Cimarron 66 carbine 16" barell in .38 , Diferent balance than my 73, heading to Pioneer gun   
  works soon as he calls.
  But after shooting a cap 87 standard lever and getting as proffiecent with it as I will ever be , I Started on 97s ended up with
   An original takedown with 22", and Coyote cap full race, about 3rd. gen norinco Both keepers.
  So my new main match guns are:
  .38 G.W. IIs 4 3/4                            73     20 "                                              97 clone
  .38 cimarron opentops 5 1/2              66     16"                                               97 original

But the best thing I have gotten so far is several pages I printed out, from Doc S , mz Camille ,Stump Water and others on the recent threads concerning Practice sessions, concentration and , transitions. I am not yet at the transition stage of my shooting ,
 first match last Jan., but I feel I am approaching  it.
                                                                 Well  Vaya con Dios  Sweettooth

storm
usmc 67 70
dav
semper fi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com