Author Topic: After Action Report -GAF at Great Nor'easter  (Read 3724 times)

Offline Lou Graham

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
After Action Report -GAF at Great Nor'easter
« on: July 30, 2006, 09:14:22 PM »
The SASS New England Regional committee kindly approved my request for a GAF side match based on the marksmanship qualification.  We used the targets and rules as shown on the GAF website with the exception of allowing any of the "cowboy" guns already used in the other rifle side matches offered.  
It was beastly hot and humid and we only had a few particpants.  The ones that did were enthusiastic and seemed to enjoy it very much.  

The match committee also kindly allowed me to speak for a few moments before the awards were given for the side matches to explain what the GAF is to everyone at the awards dinner.  I had a number of interested folks come talk to me afterwards that were at the other end of the range on side match day and didn't realize there was one more option at the far end of the rifle range.  I want to thank Rusty P. Bucket for his help in promoting this event and GAF and helping me to get it "off the ground" at our Regional.  I had a number of folks come ask me questions about GAF and ask for another side match opportunity for next year.

Now that I know the layout of this range (I had never been there before) I will lobby early for better placement so we get more "foot traffic" and have signs with the GAF star/logo to point the way.  I will also not try to do it with one and a half people to run it.  Thankfully, there were bystanders willing to help with spotting and replacing targets.  Did I mention it was really hot and humid?

The color guard was done for the opening ceremonies by U. B. Mountain, myself and our new scout (do you have him on the roster yet?) Wild Bill Blackerby.

All in all, it went pretty well and I look forward to doing an even better one next year.

YH&OS,
Bvt. Capt. Lou Graham

P.S. I placed 4th in BP Gunfighter.  Not Ladies -- there wern't any willing to shoot BP and GF style.  I shot with the men.

Soot Lady
You can never be too thin, too rich or have too much ammo

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: After Action Report -GAF at Great Nor'easter
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 09:26:48 PM »
Sounds like it was a hoot.  Great job on the Color Guard the Side Match and the placement....You done us proud.
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 05:23:12 AM »
Bvt Captain Lou Graham,

Excellent report.  I would have enjoyed coming up if my schedule had permitted it - perhaps I can do so next year. 

You are hereby authorized a Star of Merit for your contributions to the GAF.

US Scout
GAF, Commanding

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:57:13 PM »

Offline Bull Schmitt

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 11:24:48 AM »
Bvt Captain Lou Graham,

OUTSTANDING!!!

Congratulations on conducting the successful GAF side match. We are all proud of your efforts in this endeavor.

Congratulations on being awarded a Star of Merit. You certainly earned it.

Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
Commander Department of the Atlantic

PS: "4th in BP Gunfighter" !!!  Atta boy, girl!! ;D
Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
GAF Adjutant General
GAF Commander Department of the Atlantic
GAF Webmaster
SCORRS President & Webmaster
SASS #9535, SCORRS, GAF, NRA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com