Author Topic: AAARRRGGGHHH!!! (RANT)  (Read 5690 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
AAARRRGGGHHH!!! (RANT)
« on: July 25, 2006, 02:09:50 PM »
Pleasin' LePlumps been on me ta buy some new jeans.  Up early ta beat the crowds.  My mock-sins couldn't go 'nother step.  Had ta toss 'em.  Hate that.  Needed socks fer my athletic shoes.  Hate socks........

We go get the jeans, spend more gettin' other stuff I didn't intend ta get.  Now, she wants ta go ta Sam's.  I been luggin' 'round this 'script fer bi-focals since I made the visit ta the new eye doc.  Didn't know if I was gonna get 'em er not.  I decided ta go 'head 'n get 'em ordered while we were there - a hunnert 'n twenty bucks...

Come back.  Reply ta a couple e-mails 'n check the boards.  In the middle of a reply, I lose the 'net.  Restart the thing 'n it won't find my router, got the next door neighbor's with a strong signal.  Hooked up to that but it wouldn't find the 'net.  Got POed 'n shut the whole thing down. Went 'n did sumthin' else.

Come back, fire it up.  It does all its pings 'n beeps - but the monitor is dead black.  It's been actin' up.  Pictures been jumpin' for the last week or so.

So off I go to Best Buy 'n it's rainin'......

Pick out a new flat screen, LCD thingy.  Look for it on the shelf, can't find it.  Clerk can't find it.  He goes in the back.  Comes back out empty handed.  Sez he knows where the box is for the display model.  Tell him to forget it, I'll go 'cross the street to Circuit City.  Other clerk overhears 'n sez no, wait.  He goes in the back 'n finds the thing.

Get to the check out.  The cashier is brand new 'n doesn't know how to handle a check. Lovely.  She waits for another cashier.  Finally get checked out.  Carefully fold the reciept 'n stick it in my pocket cuz I'm takin' the thing back if it doesn't solve the problem.  Get to the door 'n security wants to see the reciept.  Dig it out - put it back.  Get in the truck, throw the reciept - now all hung up in my pocket money - in the glove box, money 'n all.

Decide to make another stop on the way home for a 12 pack - needed it.  Get out, run thru the rain.  Grab what I want.  Get to the register - pocket money is in the truck.  Break out the plastic.......

Goin' back out to the truck, in the rain.  I see a heads up penny at the bottom of a puddle.  Ya bet yer ass I picked it up.

Get back here.  Undo the old monitor.  Hook this one up.  Everything worked.  Thank ya Lord fer that penny!

This flat screen LCD is gonna take some gettin' used ta.  Don't put out nuff light ta see the keyboard werth a dern.  Sure is a lot more room on the table here in the hole though...........

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: AAARRRGGGHHH!!! (RANT)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 02:51:41 PM »
 :D :D

Hope ya' worked off a couple pieces of that twelver, Arcey, and calmed down some.  Some days are like that, ain't they?? ;D ;D
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 02:51:50 PM »
Sounds like a good time was had by all.  ::) Some store clerks don't have a whole brain with a dozen combined. We have LCD flat screens at verk. Lot more more ta be papers.  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:17:56 PM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 03:35:56 PM »
What model LCD? How much Rain? and most importantly what kind of Beer?

Not enuff light for the Keyboard....Might have to think replacement over.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Tricky Trina

• Top Active Citizen
  • First Lady of the Fire and Brimstone Posse
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 03:48:51 PM »
Some days yur the windshield, some days the bug...... twas jus yur day to fly!  But at least you had the good sense to listen to Pleasin LePlump (and I still cain't believe yur callin her that)......

Love ya man!
...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • "I'm ordering you to volunteer again Sgt. Tyree...
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 03:51:28 PM »
Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you. However, I don't care who ya are that post was funny  ;)

LazyK Pejay

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 04:09:58 PM »
Glad ya liked it, Laze.............

Yeah, I done dented that 12 pack ah Coors Light.  Went out 'n loaded sum pistol cartridges doin' it 'n I feel much better now.  Just thit I was allot richer when I woke up this mornin'..............................

The monitor is a LT717s Mag Innovision.  A skinny l'il thing.  Looks kindah funny if ya ain't lookin' straight at it.

Didn't rain all that bad, 'nuff ta soak ya thou.

Cuz Trina, ya know the last thing whut goes thru a bugs mind when he hits the winshield.  Luv ya back.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 05:54:51 PM »
At first I thought we were reading something by Forty Rod.  However it didn't end like one of Forty's.

• The monitor wouldn't have worked and neither would the next three.
  • The rain would have ruined the fifth, negating the warranty.
  • Half of the beer cans would have had pinholes in them causing beer to seep into car.
  • The police would have stopped him.
  • The police would have smelled the beer.
  • The police would have arrested and thrown him into a cell with litl rooster's friend, Lester the Molester.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 09:05:53 AM »

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com