Author Topic: Tombstone The guns and gear  (Read 10633 times)

Offline Triggersmith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Tombstone The guns and gear
« on: July 17, 2006, 06:17:57 PM »
I just received my copy of Tombstone The guns and gear.  It is superb.  packed full of great photos of everything pertaining to The movie Tombstone and then some. I saw guns I never knew existed.  A great sidekick to Packing Iron for ideas.  Now some folks may disagree with me and that's their right. I'm sorry for any uppity things I may say regarding those opinions.  Consider this kind of a blanket apology.
Triggersmith
Watch yer topknot
Triggersmith
See my ads in Cas City Classifieds

Offline Chance

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Tombstone The guns and gear
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 06:26:29 PM »
Had mine a while and think it's just another "coffee table" book, complete with mistakes.

Offline Chance

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 02:33:27 AM »
What's a recoil pad?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:35:01 PM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 10:16:11 AM »
Please keep it civil, fellas.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 02:29:05 PM »
What's a recoil pad?

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,10103.0.html

Being as how, you already replied in the above thread link .... ;)

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Chance

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 04:49:38 PM »
I was just trying to keep it lighthearted, Major. Take the sting out of things so to speak.

No offence taken, Triggersmith.

Chance

Offline Triggersmith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 05:17:54 PM »
Excellent
Well,    Bye

Triggersmith
Watch yer topknot
Triggersmith

Offline Triggersmith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 07:00:46 PM »
Look in your Tombstone Gun and Gear book on page 49, lower photo of Turkey Jack's 12 guage sawed off shotgun.  You'll notice there is a recoil pad on it.
Triggersmith
Watch yer topknot
Triggersmith

Offline Tommy tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Keep your pants and your powder dry.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 08:44:10 PM »
In Monte Walsh (Tom S. version) I thought that the bad guy had a lambskin recoil pad on the butt.
Keep your pants and your powder dry!
# 356056

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 08:33:45 AM »
Last weekend I had the privilege of attending a premier of a artshow at the National Ranching Heritage Museum in Lubbock. It was the first time that Buck Taylor's original oil paintings have been displayed. He donated his original self-portrait as Turkey Creek Johnson to the Museum. Buck's wife made up some displays of Buck's costumes from his movies. His costume from Tombstone was there including his gunrig. Buck is a very special person and I am proud to call him a personal friend. I have several prints of his artwork. Buck is best known for portraying Newley on Gunsmoke.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 04:53:47 PM »
TX L,D,:

I sure hope to meet him someday.  He is one of the best cowboy actors, in my opinion.  And a great supporter of our gun rights.

MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 06:53:50 PM »
Buck lives in Texas and he has a Texas CC license. I will ask him about the recoil pad on the shotgun he used in Tombstone. I watched Tombstone 4 or 5 times before I noticed that Buck was wearing a Masonic emblem necklace. I am supposed to be a "trained observer" as a LEO for 36 years and a Mason for 32 years.  I haven't seen the recoil pad yet. I guess I need to watch TOMBSTONE another 5 or 6 more times.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline pistolpete

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 05:42:14 PM »
Buck lives in Texas and he has a Texas CC license. I will ask him about the recoil pad on the shotgun he used in Tombstone. I watched Tombstone 4 or 5 times before I noticed that Buck was wearing a Masonic emblem necklace. I am supposed to be a "trained observer" as a LEO for 36 years and a Mason for 32 years.  I haven't seen the recoil pad yet. I guess I need to watch TOMBSTONE another 5 or 6 more times.

Yep, Buck was wearing that Masonic necklace all through the movie. By the way, good to meet you Brother.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com