Author Topic: Looking for SOFT CAST .45LC bullet source....Qld  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Mad Mucus

• Shooter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Looking for SOFT CAST .45LC bullet source....Qld
« on: July 10, 2006, 04:18:40 AM »
G'day all,

I don't do the CAS thing, but would if I could.......  :( work weekend shifts when the comps are on, but target shoot as often as possible.

I own a Marlin '94CB Ltd 24" .45Colt levergun, definitely my favourite rifle. Reload my own cartridges, got the smokeless thing down pat.

Just recently started the black powder phase, reloading the last of my hardcast Westcastings 250gr LRNFP over Swiss 3Fg and grease cookies for extra lube. Definitely great fun making sparks'n'smoke  ;D

So to get it right.........

I need to find someone who can supply me(Brisbane-Ipswich area) with quality SOFT cast large lube groove bullets. Can anyone help me out?

.452 " Lyman Cowboy 250gr RNFP, .452"/.454" PRS 250gr, or J/P 200gr

Much appreciated,

Mucus

"Outlaw firearms and only the outlaws will have them."

Offline Dakota Dan from OZ

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
Re: Looking for SOFT CAST .45LC bullet source....Qld
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 05:40:26 PM »

Hi Mad Mucus,Welcome to CAS Downunder.

The problem you have is that only self casters will make you soft projectiles. I have a fellow shooter that casts me my 20-1/ 500 grain proj for my 45/70. I use and supply Hawkesbury River Projectiles and when shooting the Holy Blackpowder I buy in unsized and unlubed projectiles and size and lube them myself to the size I need.I normally shoot either 44mag or 44/40 with black and I use SPG bullet lube which I bring in from the USA.

Your choice of a Marlin rifle is the best choice they are well made I own 5 of them

Dakota 
My Pa once said "Son never take a knife to Gun Fight"  He told the truth.
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
SASA State Discipline Chairman
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Offline Mad Mucus

• Shooter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 03:21:34 AM »
Dakota, thanks for the welcome.

I too, for smokeless, favour and use Hawkesbury River Bluehawkes, .357mag - 158gr SWC & .45Colt - .454" 250gr RNFP. Accurate, clean, BLOODY LOVELY!

Got the wax-lubed Westcastings for initial BP trials from my local, old stock $12/500. For bullet lube I'm using a home-mix; 4 parts natural beeswax, 3 parts copha(for chocolate crackles) & 1 part olive oil.

Need the large lube groove pills for obvious reasons, and I also desire full house loads.
I really don't have the time or the wish to cast my own......... at this stage.

Mucus
"Outlaw firearms and only the outlaws will have them."

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:21:27 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com