Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2017, 04:19:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: Braggin!...My Little Buckaroo's! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Braggin!...My Little Buckaroo's!  (Read 9864 times)
Cheyenne
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« on: March 12, 2004, 04:12:51 am »

Grin First, here's Logan....many regulars on CAS-l remember a couple of years ago when he was in and out of the hospital with siezures....doctors didn't, and still don't, know why, and we took him all over Texas and as far as the Mayo clinic in Minnesota.  Started him on the Ketogenic diet and eventually controled the siezures, and took him off meds completely.  He's been siezure free for 2 1/2 years and off meds for almost 2 years.  Keep him in you prayers, if'n ya don't mind.....I believe that was a big part of his recovery.

* MVC-001F.JPG (80.73 KB, 480x640 - viewed 253 times.)

Well..........Bye!
Cheyenne
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 04:18:58 am »

This here's his older brother Cody Cheyenne. He's 10, goin' on 11 and LOVES CAS! He started with a 22 pistol, then moved to his Mom's Thunderers in 38, and has now gone to favor my 7 1/2" 45's with a Schofield load!  Son of Wart Hog!  He like the 45's, as, in his words, "38's are for girls" ! Smiley

He's an A-B student and about to move to 6th grade, and a yellow belt in Karate.  He likes to think he can get over on me as he moves up in rank, but I pointed out to him a lesson I learned from his mother, "You gotta sleep sometime!"

* MVC-017F.JPG (86.77 KB, 480x640 - viewed 249 times.)

Well..........Bye!
Cheyenne
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 04:21:00 am »

Oh, and in case your wonderin' Logan's 'armed' with his trusty "175 shooter" cap pistol, carried in a Rick Bachman holster on a Mill's pattern belt!  Grin

Well..........Bye!
Qball
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 06:29:26 am »

You got a'lott to be proud of  Grin
My daugthers are 6 and 1 so there not ready yet Wink
But loves  the Blackpowdersmoke
and when it goes BOOOM Grin
Hint to all you non smokers Wink

WartHog
SCORRS
SootLord
STORM
Foothills Drifter
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 08:37:49 am »

Howdy......
I remember hearin about Logan on CAS-L. Glad all our prayers helped out.
My boys shoot with me every now an again. They are 26 & 28 and would not be caught dead dressed up like cowboys Shocked Oh well, at least they still like to shoot Grin
Good luck!

Good shootin......
Vern... Cool
Big Hext Finnigan
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 08:39:33 am »

You keep on braggin' pard.  Good kids!

And if y'all knew the way they've overcome their biggest challenge... their unfortunate genetics (and I ain't talkin' 'bout their momma.), *sniff*.. it just gets you right there..
Wicked Willie
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Citizen

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 09:24:07 am »

Cheyenne:

I am so glad to hear of Logan's condition.  God is good, the ketogenic diet works and prayer can work miracles.

Your pard,
Wicked
Marauder
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2004, 10:45:39 am »

Glad to hear about the kids doing so well.

Just a warning though.  We had a pard with a young son that also loved 45's - shoot with full loads of FFF like his Dad - at about 1020 f/s.
  Well, he used to, till his wrists failed. 

I've seen several cases of this.  While young bones are forming, you need to not overstress them too much.  It can show up as a surprise too often, so don't make those 45's very hot, just to be safe - and keep the fun going.

Cheyenne
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2004, 11:48:29 am »

No worries Marauder, he shoots the short Schofield round with either a 200 or 180 grain bullet at maybe 675-700fps.....reall pussy cat loads, kinda like what Hext shoots when he want less recoil than he gets with his 38's! Smiley

Willie, good to 'see' ya! How ya been pard? See by your picture, you're still the ever serious shooter! Smiley

Well..........Bye!
Will Ketchum
Chief of Detectives
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Pete Ersland

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2004, 05:31:43 pm »

Cheyenne, I think of Logan often.  Many times I wanted to ask you about how he was doing but I was afraid the worst might have happened when you didn't mention his condition for awhile.

I am so pleased that he is doing better.  I remember how we prayed for him on cas-l.  Still the finest bunch of Internet Pards who ever sat at a key board Grin

Give him a hug from this gramp pa.

Will Ketchum

Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI
Cheyenne
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2004, 08:05:19 pm »

Will do I. Will! Smiley

Well..........Bye!
US Scout
GAF Commander
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2004, 11:12:06 pm »

Looks like two pards to ride the river with!

BTW, Cheyenne, I got the pictures you sent of these fine young men posted up over my desk. 

US Scout
Big Hext Finnigan
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2004, 10:23:55 am »

Not to steal any thunder from the Cheyenne clan.. but here's a good lookin' boy..

Adios,

* 83.jpg (44.41 KB, 397x411 - viewed 225 times.)
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2004, 12:58:37 pm »

Cheyenne,
What size boots does Cody wear?

Since, Hext did it. I should be able to do it also.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Cheyenne
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2004, 02:48:39 pm »

Slim, he's wearin' my old pair of Olathe boots, they're size 10, and a bit big for him, he wears about a 9 1/2.  Big boy! Wink

Well..........Bye!
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2004, 02:51:41 pm »

Cheyenne,
Bigger feet than mine.  Shocked You must be feeding him GrowPup.  Wink

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Leadlum
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2004, 04:49:05 pm »

Hey cheyenne we went through the same exact thing with our boy. He`s off his diet, Had a hemisfearectomy? they took out one side of his brain! He has very few seizures anymore, but still some. He`s in college in spec ed.  God bless your family.  Leadlum
Cheyenne
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2004, 04:36:06 am »

Scout, glad you got the pictures....have you watched all the John Wayne movies I sent ya yet?  Keep yur head and arse down! Wink

Slim, yup, he's a big boy, 5'3", 135lbs.....heck, he was 22.5" and 9 1/2lbs at birth!  Logan was 19" and 6lbs....Logan scared me, didn't know how to handle somethin' so small....afeared I'd break him! Smiley

Leadum, Logan's really progressed fine and is in mainstream, with just some extra OT for speech therapy.....looks like he'll be fully mainstream next year.  I know the hell you had to have gone through, will keep your boy in our prayers.

Well..........Bye!
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2004, 10:38:21 am »

Slim, yup, he's a big boy, 5'3", 135lbs.....heck, he was 22.5" and 9 1/2lbs at birth!  Logan was 19" and 6lbs....Logan scared me, didn't know how to handle somethin' so small....afeared I'd break him! Smiley
Shocked
All my girls are pettite. My 8 year old weighs 52 lbs and is 4' 3".

Slim

Wymore Wrangler
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2004, 10:58:26 pm »

To both little brothers Hext and Cheyenne, Ol' Uncle Wymore sure is proud to see what fine cowboys those "nephews are..... Smiley Smiley Smiley

Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....
California Lawdawg
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2004, 02:17:42 am »

Good looking boys. Be careful, before you know it they will be outshooting you Grin

Lawdawg
US Scout
GAF Commander
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2004, 11:20:34 pm »

Cheyenne,

I've seen about half of them so far.  My portable DVD player died not long after I got the DVDs, so I had to wait for a new one.  Then the transformer died.  Got a new one yesterday.

Since they are on the short side, I like to keep them for those nights that I don't have time for a full-length movie.

At the moment, I'm watching a similar collection of TV Westerns the I borrowed - The Rifleman, Bat Masterson, Sugarfoot, Shotgun Slade, Wagon Train, Death Valley Days, the Deputy, and Stories of the Century.  Should finish those up tonight.

I usually have two-three hours free time before hitting the rack.   Some nights I read, others I watch a movie.  Depends on my mood and how tired I am.

US Scout
Baghdad
Cheyenne
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2004, 04:18:56 am »

Hey Scout, you need some readin' material?  I just got back my full 16 volume collection of Terry Johnston's "Plainsman Series".....Seamus, a poor dumb Irishman who survives the Civil War and falls into just about every major Indian engagement from Fetterman to the LBH and beyond! Smiley  Hope this ain't what they mean about "luck of the Irish!" Wink

Well..........Bye!
US Scout
GAF Commander
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2004, 11:10:38 pm »

Cheyenne,

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks.

First off, I have the entire collection at home.  Made the conscious decision NOT to bring them with me as I'm donating all my reading material (to include back issue of Guns of the Old West and SHOOT! that pards have sent me) to our camp library as I finish them, and will be leaving behind what I haven't read when I leave.

Second, I'm right plumb smack dab in the center of his series on Titus Bass.  Wagh!  I'd only read the first three he published way back in the 80s, so this is some prime doin's!  I'm also working my way through Robert Utley's Frontiersmen in Blue, and have his Frontier Regulars waiting in line. 

Third, I've got plenty to last me until May, so don't need any more books.  I've saved some Tony Hillarman to read on the trip home.

Lastly, with a bit of luck, I may be out of here in a month (yep, a whole month early) so any books sent now might arrive too late.

Appreciate the offer though!  Indeed I do!

US Scout
Baghdad
Big Hext Finnigan
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2004, 11:20:10 pm »

The two kiddos!

* CheyeneBoys.jpg (34.56 KB, 300x400 - viewed 174 times.)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: Braggin!...My Little Buckaroo's! « previous next »
Jump to: