Author Topic: Taurus Thunderbolt Disassembly?  (Read 6280 times)

Offline Easy Aces Ed

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Taurus Thunderbolt Disassembly?
« on: April 29, 2006, 04:48:22 PM »
Howdy All,
Took my new T-Bolt out for the first time today and it jammed after the first shot. Not having a manual and never having taken apart a Lightning type rifle - how do I get it apart a back together. Yes, the round is still jammed in it...
Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
Easy Aces Ed
Easy Aces Ed
SASS 4159
NRA Life
RATS 272
Codger in training...

Offline Easy Aces Ed

• Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Taurus Thunderbolt Disassembly?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 09:59:48 AM »
Well, things have moved along abit since I posted the above mentioned problem. I was able to get the rifle apart and remove the unfired rounds. What I found was that while the lifter was in the raised position with a round on top as it is supposed to be, another round moved out of the tube into position below the lifter thus jamming the works. Now I  know what happened I need to figure out why it happened and if there is an easy fix (or send it back to taurus). Any ideas on this?
Easy Aces Ed
Easy Aces Ed
SASS 4159
NRA Life
RATS 272
Codger in training...

Offline sweettooth

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 04:26:34 PM »
That happened to my Thunderbolt . I was able to pry the round out , tried to pump another in same thing happened , so I took it back to the dealer still jammed and loaded. Got my money back dont want another one. Maybe 6th generation .
  Now for your problem , look at some of the posts on the Tauraus and try to get ahold of John Boy he was very knowlegable and helpful about this particular problem. Has to do with Overal Length of  cartridge , but he cqn explain it and seems to know how to make the gun work. Good luck  Sweettooth out.

storm
usmc 67 70
dav
semper fi

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:50:41 PM »

Offline Crapgame

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 02:37:35 PM »
I have found that even though they are advertised to hold 15 rounds, I never put more than 14 in. 13 in the magazine, and one in the chamber. Mine did that to me one time, and I figured out that there was to much tension in the magazine. With only 13 on the magazine, it has never popped out a round.

Offline Buffalow Red

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 07:25:57 PM »
MINE STOPS FEEDING OUT OF THE TUBE MAG last 3 or 4 rounds takes 2 or 3 cycles to bring them in to chamber
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
  SHOOT STRAIGHT & LETS BURN SOME POWDER
Warthogs rule
Life NRA
SCORRS/ rugers/ 66 in 44-40  , trap door shooter
Southern Mo. Ranger
SASS
BSA SM RETIRED

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com