Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 03:17:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  BOLD Chambers (Moderator: California Lawdawg)  |  Topic: If You Could Be a LEO in the Old West, Who Would You Be? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If You Could Be a LEO in the Old West, Who Would You Be?  (Read 28541 times)
Tubac
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2007, 05:34:04 pm »

No doubt about it, Texas John Slaughter.

Tubac

from the Confederate Territory of Arizona
Jailhouse Jim
Citizen

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2007, 12:58:55 am »

Wyatt Earp, he lived a long adventurous life and lived with a hooker  Cheesy.

Jailhouse Jim
mrwill
Citizen

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2008, 08:51:39 pm »

Francis Augustus Hamer

A man who knew how to get the job done.

mrwill
Handsome Dave
Law Dawg #919
Active citizen

Maj. General Bryan Grimes, CSA

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 09:37:36 pm »

OK but I am Biassed  Grin

Ahijah W. (A.W.) Grimes (1850-1878) - Ahijah W. Grimes was born in Bastrop, Texas on July 5, 1850 to one of the first pioneer families of the area.

He began his lawman career as the Bastrop City Marshal in 1874  and joined the Texas Rangers in 1877.

In 1878 he moved the family to Round Rock, Texas, where he worked in a bank until he was appointed as a Deputy Sheriff of  Williamson County.

Unfortunately for Grimes, when the three members of the Bass Gang, including Sam Bass and Seaborne Barnes, rode into round Rock on July 19, 1878, Grimes spotted them carrying hand guns which was illegal within the Round Rock city limits.

When he challenged them, they replied by opening fire on him. He is buried in the Old Cemetery in Round Rock, Texas.

Cpt. David A.(Handsome Dave) Grimes - BOLD #919
Warrenton, Missouri
Missouri Territorial Rangers
Great Great Nephew of Maj. Gen. Bryan Grimes, CSA
aryfrosty
Active citizen

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2008, 09:35:57 pm »

I'd either work for Judge Parker in the territory or be a ranger in Arizona or Texas. Likely Texas. I'd wear the badge right and live the life as best I could.

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains...and the women come out to cut up what remains; Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains. And go to your God like a Soldier.
Top Kick Ken
Top Active Citizen

Oscar S. Johnson, GAR, My Great Grandfather.

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 11:46:02 pm »

Probably a US Deputy Marshal.  Followed by a Sheriff job somewhere.   Would have probably done some work for Wells Fargo and the railroad too at some point.

Respectfully Submitted,

Top Kick Ken
Sergeant Major, Department of the Pacific
Grand Army of the Frontier

GAF #71
BOLD #943
SASS #47880L
Don Nix
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2009, 04:59:41 pm »

I just had to reply to this thread, I know its old but its right up my alley.
 Everett Nix,US Marshall for the Guthrie Court was Bill Tillmans boss.
 Now the neat thing is there were several Nixs that worked in JudgeParkers court.
 All my great grandaddies folks were in western Ar at the time. plus my grand other was a Tillman. I wound up being in Law Enforcement in western AR and did quite a bit  of business with the US attorney in Ft Smith. When I had to go to the US Court house there it was kind of neat to know that The Nix men were still chasin bad guys out of that court.
 Once another deputy ,whose great uncle had been a deputy under Judge Parker, and had some time before our meeting with the US Attorney so we went over and got to talk to the Curator and historian in Judge PArkers Court.
 He wasnt at all surprised to find that the decendants of judge parkers Marshalls were working together in souhtwest Ar as Lawmen.
 He said a number of the men who were US Marshalls and Deputy marshall during that time had decendants who stayed in Law enforcement.
 Western Ar and the Indian territories being what they were you were either a good guy or an outlaw and the same still tends to run true in some places
 The families of outlaws have passed on that lifestyle as the Lawmen did .Out laws begat outlaws and Cops begat cops.
Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 06:25:54 pm »

Don, It's a family tradition!

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Cuts Crooked
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 06:27:55 pm »

Elfego Baca! Cool

Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching...
Daniel Nighteyes
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2009, 12:28:07 pm »

I would probably have been a posseman for one or more Deputy US Marshals in the Indian Nations, particularly in the western portion.  I would have been very particular about who I would, and would not, track down.
Marshal Cy Clone
Marshal Cy Clone
Citizen

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2010, 10:43:40 pm »

Bill Tillghman hands down. 

Marshal Cy Clone

SASS #37067
B.O.L.D #36

Full Time Kansas LawDawg
Badge #118
Federalist
Citizen

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2010, 12:12:07 am »

I reckon Seth Bullock would suit me fine.  A pioneer, capitalist, sheriff, Deputy US Marshal, member of the Rough Riders and a darn good friend of Tom Mix and Theodore Roosevelt.  Sorta the all American lawman.

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/WE-SethBullock.html Cheesy

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin
Elmer Watson
Citizen

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2011, 10:58:48 pm »

As my badge said alameda county I would have to go with Harry Morse.

BOLD # 864
RATS # 373
RickB
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Black Jack

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2011, 10:58:21 am »

Either Bat Masterson or Wyatt Earp. Both lived a long time after their law careers and had very interesting lives. And Wyatt settled down with Josie. Not a bad ending there.  Cool

Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.
Beauregard Hooligan
CAS-L Moderator
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2012, 05:01:50 am »

My choice would be Virgil Earp, who was the real lawman in the Earp family.

Virgil Earp was a Civil War veteran, and U.S. Deputy Marshal for south-eastern Arizona and Tombstone City Marshal at the time of the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral. Even though one armed due to the attempt on his life in Tombstone, he was involved in the railroad "wars" in California, and was elected Colton, Ca's first City Marshal. Before his death, he was a Deputy Sheriff for Esmeralda County, Nevada. Virgil Earp was one hell of a man! Grin

My Cas City Profile: http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/beauhooligan/
SASS Life * NMLRA * NRA Life * Deputy of CAS-L * River City Regulators * Mother Lode Shootist Society * Murietta Posse, WASA #56.
Stockton, Ca.
Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2012, 05:37:47 am »

That's easy!  A member of the Texas Rangers.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
harleydavis
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

NCOWS #C31 SASS #3740 NRA GAF #394 5th Minn. Infry

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2013, 09:41:24 am »

James Butler Hickok. He tamed the streets of Abilene with only 3 deputies and over 5,000 drunken trailhands. HIs methods were pretty direct, albiet, occassionally overtly strong!! His days in Hays City were equally effective in a pretty tough town.

I remain, respectfully,
Harley Davis
"I do not believe in ghosts so I do not burn a candle waiting for them. As to the killing of a bad man, when it comes to a fight, it is the other man or me. And when the deed is done, why bother the mind? Afterall, the killing of a bad man should not bother anymore than the killing of a rat, a vicious cat or an ugly dog" James Butler Hickok when asked if he ever thought about the men he had killed.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  BOLD Chambers (Moderator: California Lawdawg)  |  Topic: If You Could Be a LEO in the Old West, Who Would You Be? « previous next »
Jump to: