Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 04:57:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: In Remembrance of AnnieLee Independent - 9/12/1958 to 2/27/2006 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: In Remembrance of AnnieLee Independent - 9/12/1958 to 2/27/2006  (Read 90726 times)
Trinity
AKA the Chicory Kid
Top Active Citizen

Here's to Miss AnnieLee!

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 03:20:41 pm »

Happy Birthday AnnieLee!  Cry Cry

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 11:51:52 pm »

This was read at the funeral of a friend in July, a friend who loved dogs.  Another forum I haunt had it posted, Annie would have loved it. Cry

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

THEN YOU CROSS RAINBOW BRIDGE TOGETHER...

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Lucky Irish Tom
Drunken Irish Darksider
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2006, 05:43:50 pm »

Yep, she would have liked it Del.  Our Vets office sends out a sympathy card everytime one of their customers loses a pet. There is a printed card inside it with that poem on it.

If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2006, 06:01:28 pm »

Annie knew I was a softy for dogs, 'specially big black ones with long tongues, whised I could show her pics of those two, she gave me heck for not seeming real excited when Lexie was born, explained to her she wouldn't be any fun for a year, she understood. Cry

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Sod Buster
My Barn, My Rules
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2006, 12:09:13 am »

I visited with AnnieLee's son last Saturday.  I brought him a quilt that was made for him by two of AnnieLee's friends, Toccoa Kate & Rocky 2 Pockets.  Toccoa Kate was also the person that wrote the piece in the Chronicle about AnnieLee.  The quilt was made with material that AnnieLee had.  She wanted Charlie to have the quilt but she was too weak to do the work so she asked Toccoa Kate to make it for her.  I finally connected with Charlie and delivered it to him. 

Attached is a picture of the quilt.

Happy Birthday AnnieLee.  I think of you every day.

* quilt.JPG (65.13 KB, 491x436 - viewed 447 times.)

SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2006, 08:59:14 am »

That's great, Sod Buster.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Camille Eonich
Chief Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2006, 11:33:16 am »

How is Will doing?

“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2006, 11:39:25 am »

Yes, how IS he doing?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh Cool Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Sod Buster
My Barn, My Rules
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2006, 10:01:26 am »

How is Will doing?

He seems to be doing fine.  He is a senior in high school and is keeping busy with school and his part-time job.  I think his SASS membership has expired since he told me has not received any Chronicles since last April.  Sad

On a brighter note, his birthday is tomorrow, September 28.  He will be 17.  His email address is still valid and is spyder6009@aol.com

SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2006, 11:05:19 am »

Steel Horse Bailey scanned this for me.

Slim

* Annie CC Obit.jpg (42.76 KB, 259x417 - viewed 497 times.)

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Tricky Trina
Top Active Citizen

First Lady of the Fire and Brimstone Posse

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2006, 06:51:31 pm »

We had a rememberance and moment of silence at Mason-Dixon this past weekend for Annie by Wild Bill Blackerbee (sp?)  There were laughs and tears.....

We miss you Annie.....  Cry

...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!
Curley Cole
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2006, 11:18:28 pm »

That's a trip, Wil's b/d is the day after mine. I thought whoever wrote the "memory" in the CC did an excellent job, and felt honored at the mention of "Kumbuya Part Deaux"  (I started that thread after Manatee's original died on the Spot, and the Lady gave it sooo much life.....)

Good night Miz Lee............

cc

Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2006, 11:23:15 pm »

She was going to try smokeless powder on her roses this year.  When I told her about it she tought about it and realized it made sense and just laughed. Cry

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Trinity
AKA the Chicory Kid
Top Active Citizen

Here's to Miss AnnieLee!

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2007, 11:47:24 pm »

I'll be thinking about you all day tomorrow, AnnieLee.  Good night!  Cry

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson
Forty Rod
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2007, 01:09:25 am »

A year!  It hardly seems possible. 

I sure miss you, Annie.

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2007, 04:35:11 am »

YEP.............YOU ARE SURE MISSED

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

Lucky Irish Tom
Drunken Irish Darksider
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2007, 05:45:53 am »

She made a match fun, and interesting!  Cry  Dang dust!

If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2
Tricky Trina
Top Active Citizen

First Lady of the Fire and Brimstone Posse

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2007, 07:48:39 am »

A toast to an AMAZING lady who did it all, without fear and with a smile! 

Love Ya, Annie!

...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2007, 08:48:02 am »

I think I have a little bit of jam left, will dig it out today.   Cry

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2007, 10:38:47 am »

Yanno.......

It still holds.  Chyle left.  The boy was self-destructive.  Kindah knew it was comin'.  But it almost killed me.

Annie.  It's a year now.  I know she's moved on.  But I still can't believe it.

Miss 'em both.........................

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2007, 10:58:53 am »

I sure miss her.  Cry
The following is part of an email I sent to some family and friends on 3/1/2006.

At 1:20 PM on Monday, a dear friend lost her fight with cancer. She was known in the Cowboy Action Shooting (CAS) community as Annie Lee. Her given name was Nancy Depoy. She was 47 years old. The following is an email I received from her on 12/19/2005. “(I have)  Metastatic pancreatic carcinoma that has spread to the liver, lungs, adrenal glands and lymph nodes. My appointment with the oncologist is on Jan 6th. Since it has metastised, it's inoperable. They are starting me on pain management. Dunno what else to say.”

I met her on a CAS board 3 years ago and conversed with her almost daily since. We talked on the phone many times about CAS and other things. We met her and her son, Charlie, face to face in February 2005 at the NCOWS Convention in Iowa. She sent jam and jelly that she made to us the last two Christmases. A couple months after Micah was born, we received a package from her. A blue afghan that she knitted and little soaps for the girls were in it. Carolee (my better-half) put the soaps in the girl’s dresser drawers to make them smell pretty.

I talked to her on the phone last week. I mostly talked, she listened. We talked for about a half hour. She sounded very tired. She asked me if she could go so she could lie down. That was the last time I spoke with her.

She was admitted to Mary Washington Hospital in Fredericksburg, VA on Thursday. On Friday night, I was informed that she had developed pneumonia. On Sunday night, I was told they didn’t think she was going to last very long. I decided that I would drive out on Monday to hopefully get there before she died. I didn’t know if she knew Jesus as her Saviour, so I wanted to share the plan of salvation with her. I talked to her sister on Monday morning before I left. She said that she was on oxygen and not taking in much, but her heart was beating faster to compensate for it. I left the house about 8:45 AM and drove to the gas station about 7 miles away. On the way to the gas station, an idea popped into my head that it might be good to have someone ride shotgun with me to help keep me awake. The first name that came to me was Jeff Bailey (Steel Horse Bailey), a CAS friend in Indy. He is on disability from the Army (Gulf War Syndrome), so he is not currently working. So, at the gas station, I called him to see if he wanted to do that and he said yes. So, off to Indy I went via Illinois. In the middle of Illinois, around 1 – 1:30 PM, I had the feeling I needed to place Annie Lee in the hands of Jesus and let go of her. After 9 hours on the road; in which I did a lot of praying, thinking, and listening to Christian radio; I arrived on the Bailey household. I called Carolee and she informed me that Annie Lee died around 1:30 PM. I was not sure what to do as I didn’t know what the funeral plans were going to be, so I sat down and chatted with Jeff. My friend, Delmonico, called a little while later and said that she was being cremated and the funeral service was going to be at Arlington National Cemetery in about 2 weeks. So, I decided to stay the night and head back home in the morning. We talked until after 1 AM. At 10 AM, I was on the road back home. I did a lot of praying, thinking, and listening to Christian radio; again. I got home at 6:45 PM.

Slim

Marshal harpoluke
Black Sash Gunfighter Lord of the Dark Soot
Top Active Citizen

Agapei Attack Sheep

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2007, 12:48:05 pm »

Cry

Dust.

SASS 60019L
NRA Life
CASS
Muckraker
Straight Shooter
Army Veteran
GOFWG#269
LASOOS#35s,
Lookout fur da sheep, packs a 10ga.,
Ya loot, Ah Shoot,
Lord of the Dark Soot,
Prayer Posse,
GoofBall #12
Old Top
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2007, 12:56:17 pm »

Hello the fire,

I lost a friend that I never met a year ago, and as many on this wire have said the sport is diminished by her passing.  I still wish that she was here to give me he!! when I needed it.  Rest in Peace Annie.

Old Top

I only shoot to support my reloading habit.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2007, 02:15:48 pm »

On the first page of this thread, I added some "memories" of AnnieLee. If you have more you want added, post them below or send me a PM.

Slim

Stoney Pete
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2007, 02:26:46 pm »

Anne is the best friend I never met.  We were to hook up at a local shoot.  She and Lou Graham were gonna infect my wife with the CAS virus.  Life got in the way and that meet never happend.  There's always next summer.

There was no next summer. Cry

There's a hole in my heart the size of Annie Lee.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: In Remembrance of AnnieLee Independent - 9/12/1958 to 2/27/2006 « previous next »
Jump to: