Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 03:07:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  CAS FAQ (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Will Ketchum)  |  Topic: Main Match Revolver and why 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who is your favorite manufacturer/importer of revolver(s)?
Colt Firearms - 22 (9%)
Charles Daly - 1 (0.4%)
Cimmaron - 26 (10.6%)
Navy Arms - 2 (0.8%)
Ruger - 100 (40.8%)
Taurus - 4 (1.6%)
Uberti USA - 46 (18.8%)
USFA - 26 (10.6%)
Other - 18 (7.3%)
Total Voters: 233

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Main Match Revolver and why  (Read 50485 times)
petrinal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2013, 02:51:18 pm »

Why because it has a pony on the side and is a better investment?  Never mind that the third gen Colts are JUNK!

they are much better made and finished than Ubertis, and the steel is much better than Piettas, for instance, and the frame is not an  investment casting like RUGERs.

they shoot a lot better than Italian clones, as the chambers are more carefully drilled, as well as the bore, and the chambers and bore dimensions  are very adequate too.

the finish is much better, too.  They are made in the USA and they are allways collectable. Italian replicas, unlike german, belgian or spanish ones, have no collector value thought they are well made in general, but just cant compare with the original. Even their blueing is quite forgettable.
Lead Waster
Active citizen

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2013, 05:59:53 pm »

A complete newbies point of view ... I chose Ruger New Vaqueros. It seems a good and safe way to start. No need to put the gun in half cock to load, and then full cock to place it down on an empty chamber. There is enough to remember that I'd like the safe simplicity of the Ruger. Rugers are built like tanks too.

Look, I just want to dress like a cowboy and shoot stuff, the Rugers seem to be a good way to start doing that. If I even get good or want to be more authentic then I'll get new guns. They are "authentic enough" for me!
jimbobborg
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2014, 12:43:39 pm »

I picked up a used pair of EMF Hartfords.  Why?  The guy selling them was getting out of CAS, so he was selling his gear.  So I got the pair of them, with a bag of spare parts, a spare barrel and cylinder, and two holsters for $500.  He had them slicked up by a smith a while back, so hammer and trigger pull are smooth like buttah. 
Modoc
Top Active Citizen

Editor, Shasta Regulators State of Jefferson

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2015, 01:35:07 am »

I'm Shooting Ruger New Model Vaqueros in 357 now.  For history, I started off with an unknown Mfg. 1858 replica and a Uberti 1860 army.  Next step was to an EMF Dakota in 44 Spl. and then added a Ruger OM Vaquero in 44 Mag.  After a while, I ended up with another Ruger OM Vaquero in 44 Mag and retired (sold) the EMF.  Developed Carpal Tunnel problems and arthritis in my hands and went to Armi San Marco colt clones that had been well used and tuned and shot them until they wore out the second time.  Finally ended up with the New Model Vaqueros and have been running them box stock for the past few years.  i like the Rugers because I am not having to repair them as often (none yet) and it I want to I can shoot them with some stout loads outside of CAS.

I may get a pair of 5-1/2" Open tops in 38spl some day just to be different, but with my son now shooting with my wife and I, that is a long time down the road.

Modoc

"He Who Laughs Last, Thinks Fastest"
SUDDS, SCORRS, Retired Warthog, Sometime Gunfighter, and Soot Deliante
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2016, 05:55:50 pm »

Gonna run around on this one for a minute too.  Haven't been here before and don't know why not.

Currently I have Six or Seven sets of Main Match guns.  They are all Cap Guns and they are all Snubbies.  44s and 36s.

Because Snubbies are just so incredibly COOL!!

Coffinmaker
LostVaquero
Active citizen

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2016, 11:05:13 pm »

I use Rugers (Bisley).  They are tough, work fine out of the box and lots of parts to slick them up.

Just for fun though every now and then I take the Beretta Laramies out.  Lot's of fun at the unloading table, snap open, pistol clear in seconds.
rbertalotto
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2016, 08:38:01 am »

1860 Colts Londons...Custom built on Pietta frames, Kirst conversion to 45CB, 5" barrels, Ruger hand spring conversion, ......Why?...because they fit my hand so well and they are just so neat!

Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2016, 06:39:46 pm »

Howsoever,......  Every time Roy Posts a photo of his Pietta conversions, I get the itch.  I'm thinking I really want to turn my 1860s into
conversions just like Roy's.  Really KOOL toys Roy!!!  Grin

Coffinmaker
rbertalotto
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2016, 07:49:46 am »

Thanks Cmaker!

If you like those, maybe you'll also like my backups...1858 Remingtons with Kirst converters and bone grips.

Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2016, 02:02:03 pm »

More nice toys Roy.  But ...... Unfortunately ..........
Remington beat my middle finger like a rented mule.  Gunfighter ..... Both middle fingers.  Just can't shoot Remingtons.  Oh well.

Tried to post some photos of my toys, but the pictures are too big to post dagnabbit.  I'll figure out how to post pix yet.

Coffinmaker
wildman1
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2016, 03:27:33 pm »

Shrinkem or trimem. wM1

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2016, 09:30:05 am »

Shrinkem or trimem. wM1

Coffinmaker, he means trim the PICTURES, not the barrels! You've probably trimmed the barrels short enough!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  CAS FAQ (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Will Ketchum)  |  Topic: Main Match Revolver and why « previous next »
Jump to: